"Kate and Leopold" (and Hugh Jackman)! *UPDATED-PG. 2*

Dodie

<font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font
Did pay-per-view this weekend and watched this movie while DH was traveling (chick flick;)).

It was really a pretty good movie. Much better than I expected and much better than the previews made it look. (I have always been intrigued with time travel as a theme/topic in movies and books.)

However, I thought Meg Ryan looked absolutely horrible! (What's up with that hair?)

And then there was Hugh Jackman... Hugh Jackman... I've never really paid attention to movies starring him before, but I think I'm going to start.:cool:

I also just saw this movie. I thought it was amusing, but too predictable. Plus, I didn't really get a feeling for the romance. There was no motivation for her suddenly sleeping with him and even less for her to follow him. I agree on Meg Ryan's hair and even mentioned it to my DH. It had too much gel in it.

I saw it (twice) and loved it. Hugh Jackman was certainly a nice treat.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Hugh Jackman is delicious, and apparently an excellent husband. He is my type, completely. Dark hair, tall, and "nice." Nice guys finish first with us Hugh Jackman fans! :D

robinb:
...no motivation for her suddently sleeping with him and even less for her to follow him...

Motivation ;):

kandl_jackman.jpg

Predictable: maybe
Romantic: certainly
Good, light, diversion for a Sunday afternoon: definitely!

Meg Ryan certainly makes some poor hairstyle choices doesn't she. I thought it looked like she let her kid cut it.

I really enjoyed that movie!! Hugh Jackman is very cute in it.:p I have always enjoyed time travel romances, so this one fit the bill.

I loved this movie too and Hugh Jackman.......what can I say? YUM!!! :)

Loved this movie, loved Hugh, loved Meg's hair. Mine is actually cut just like it. Guess I'm not so cute anymore. Too bad :( . JK, I think it looks great.

<font color=#0066FF>Hugh Jackman is just so yummy who cares if it's predictable? As for Meg's hair. What hair? I was to busy watching Hugh to notice! Actually I'm in the minority who liked her hair cut in K&L.</font>

I just watched this last night myself, alone, of course!! The 'boys' here missed a funny movie, IMO!

"General" Electric!! Come on, I was dying over that toaster contraption!

And, with the DVD I had, some 'other' scenes were shown where it appears that her former boyfriend was studying royalty because he was a descendant of that family and, when she goes back, there's a short discussion in the taxi that asks "wouldn't she be your" whatever? Great-great-great-great-grandma, or something, I guess.

Very entertaining movie. And, not as chick-flick as I thought it would be. ;)

I too have recently begun to appreciate Hugh Jackman. I saw him in Swordfish over the weekend too and he looks so goood in that too.

Meg did look pretty "preowned" in "Kate and Leopold" but it fit the part too. She is too old to play cutsie parts anymore. I think she will live up to our expectations and come up with some really amazing performances. She does need a new hairdresser though. :rolleyes:

Hugh was adorable in this movie, but I liked him even better in "X-Men". Much edgier, very sexy. I just couldn't buy him following Meg around, slightly wilted as she looked. I've had fun, though, imagining the chemistry with another female in the part. Let's see, super-masculine male lead, super-fem lady lead... Charlize Theron? Diana

I fell in love with him when he was doing the promos for K&L on Rosie. He is so very nice and has a background in musical theater! He was in the Australian cast of Sunset Blvd as Joe and Beauty And the Beast as Gaston. Ugh I worked for the Canadian Sunset Blvd...WHY COULD HE HAVE NOT BEEN THE JOE IN OUR PRODUCTION??? WHY??? No we get Rex Smith instead :( *sigh*

Oh and by the way...

HE'S MINE AND YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM! ;) :jester:

Okay, I promise that this isn't a new addiction (DH wouldn't appreciate it), but another Hugh Jackman movie was on Cinemax last night: "Someone Like You," so I watched it.

It was a really cute movie too, with interesting writing and a unique perspective on story-telling. Hugh did as great with an "American" accent as he did with a British one in "Kate and Leopold." Every bit as good looking and quite good at playing the "womanizing cad."

Tai4.jpg

Will have to check out "X-Men" and "Swordfish," although I don't really think the storylines of either of those will actually appeal to me. At least DH might be willing to sit through those two with me though.

Ooohh, Dodie, I like that picture!!! :) Who else is in Someone Like You? It sounds familiar, I'll have to rent it.

meeshi:

"Someone Like You" 2001

Ashley Judd is jilted by Greg Kinnear right before they are to move in together, forcing her to move in with her womanizing co-worker, played by Hugh Jackman. (Everyone works at a nationally syndicated Oprah-like talk show, hosted by Ellen Barkin.) Ashley's best friend is played by Marisa Tomei.

It was really a cute movie. I would recommend it. For a romantic comedy, it's kind of original (although the story isn't - the writing is).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter