• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kashmir104's Couture PJ (p.1) & TR (p.28): WP/CR~1/3/09* 5/6: Highlights Video p.30

The marriage is about the two of you. You will have to learn to deal with his parents but as long as you stand together first, it can be done. Enjoy your day and your future together in spite of their short sightedness. You might be surprised, maybe your maturity will rub off on them!:rolleyes1

I cannot believe it's gotten this bad. To have them stage an intervention and get a lawyer involved, is absolutely ridiculous. I wish you the best of luck with your job. As long as you and Eric love each other, that's all that really should matter. His parents behavior is disturbing. Lots of pixie dust your way!

Oh my goodness! My jaw hit the floor when I read what his parents did.

I don't have anything to offer in way of advice, but just wanted to send lots of PD your way. At least you have Eric to help you through this! Keep us updated and you know we're always here if you need to vent!

Love the pictures! And the ring he got you is beautiful!

That is quite possibly the most horrible case of the in-laws (or future in-laws) i've ever heard. Why do people think they can treat other people that way. I am so angry for you!! I have my fingers crossed that everything will work out for you! And as a positive, it looked like you had a blast on your DL trip!! Keep that chin up!

Omg, reading everyone's messages brought tears to my eyes!!!!! :hug:

Thank you all for your thoughts and support!!!!! I cannot tell you how much it means to me... or to Eric (even if he only knows of you all as my Dis-crew ;) )

I know some people said they were from the Bay Area... I LOVE Monterey & Carmel. The Old Monterey Inn is one of my favorite B&Bs!!!!

I heard about one of the positions I interviewed in SF for... I didn't get it. That leaves only one more. It would be a fantastic career move.

I'm such a planner that it's hard not knowing what the next few weeks will bring. :headache: All I do know is that come August 31st we are both on a plane to to Disney World for our site visit and I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be a well needed trip there.

I need to head to bed, but I wanted to thank you ALL for your kind wishes and sweet thoughts!!!! :grouphug: I love you all!!!!

I'll keep you updated!!

So glad to hear Eric is also working through the issues too- it must be especially hard for him. I hope everything works out with your job situation- but things tend to happen for a reason and everything will fall into place.

Hugs to you!

no words needed - just sending lots of :hug: , :flower3: and :cheer2: your way...

Michelle :cloud9:

GOOOOOOOOOO ERIC!:cheer2:

Ya know, there's nothing harder than trying to fight against controling parents, who, although controlling, you still love and appreciate.
I can tell he loves you TONS!

The beginning is always hard so keep fighting the fight...you'll see...things will work out.

Have fun on the sight tour!!! (btw, you looked so pretty for your anniversary dinner!)

Abby;)

I am so sorry to hear that all of this is going on when you should be planning the best part of your lives together! I am glad to see how supportive your FH is and how great you two can communicate with each other. Finding someone that not only understands you, but supports you even when things go on with their family is a great thing. You have a great FH and I am glad you are getting a well needed trip to Disney soon. I hope all works out and I am glad your FH is getting help from a Therapist. It is nice to talk to someone that has no ties to anyone in the dispute what so ever and then offer up their opinion and their guidance. I hope things get better for you and I have really enjoyed reading your Wedding PJ. Your ring that you got for your anniversary was goregous! Take Care

~IloveChip~

Way to go Eric! I hope speaking with the therapist will sort out things and let Eric know how controlling his parents are. Good luck with the other job and especially with the idea of Eric moving east!

Morgan Hill is a nice community! I grew up in Gilroy just 10 minutes south of you. So I can really understand the home price situation, that's why we left (teachers don't make enough to live on there).

Hopefully his parents will come around and realize that they are being selfish and only thinking about themselves, not realizing that their actions are causing problems for everyone. Hopefully their therapist will make them come around.

Lots of :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: to you! I don't think I've posted on your pj yet, but your planning seems so exciting! As another poster wrote, as long as you both focus on eachother, all will be well in the long run!

Good luck with everything...and hope you have an amazing time on your site visit!!! :goodvibes

Thank you EVERYONE for all of your wonderful and sweet wishes! I don’t know what I would do without your support!!! :grouphug: Eric and I went through a major rough patch over the last week or so, but things have gotten so much better and I strongly believe we are closer because of it!

Right in the middle of this whole mess, Eric and I did put down a deposit for The Marings. I didn't want to at the time because I was angry at Eric and about everything that what was going on, but I'm so glad I did today now that everything is mostly behind us. Our wedding photos are going to be amazing! We're going to take our engagement shots in Fall 2008 in Connecticut, so I can't to see them!!

Also, I wanted to share that I (surprisingly!!!!) found my wedding dress!!!!! I'm not going to post any details on it in my planning journal (just incase Eric checks), but I did post it on the Wedding Dress Board, so feel free to check it out! Here is the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=20498554&postcount=817

I LOVE it!!! I didn't believe anyone when they said "you just know," but it was so true. I felt so beautiful and special in that dress. Ways that I've never felt about myself before! It was strange and almost surreal. Beth and her team at the White Dress By the Shore in Clinton, CT were fantastic, especially Sara (who helped me personally!) I really cannot say enough fantastic things about them all! I can’t wait to check out the bridesmaid dresses now! They are definitely coming from there!

I don't want to post full-length photos of my dress yet, so that way it will still be a surprise when on the wedding day for everyone. :thumbsup2

Well I better head to bed. I apologize for not posting as much lately, but planning as been slow and Eric and I have been going through a lot. I'm so happy things have gotten better.

I cannot wait to see Eric... actually we are seeing each other on Friday morning in DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!! :cheer2: Yup! It's already time for our site visit!! I can't believe how quickly time went by! (I set the whole thing up almost 6 months ago… weird to think that 6 months from now I will be having my measurements taken for my dress!! Time really does fly by! ) This is a vacation we definitely need! :woohoo: Our weekend is crazy packed though btwn the site visit with Kristi Davis and Carol Mikles; meeting with the florist and head chef at the Contemporary; meeting with CVP Experience for videography; meeting up with an old friend of mine; etc. I'm thinking Eric and I will just have to cancel all of our plans one of the 4 days we are there just so we can spend time alone and together. I really miss just being with him and desperately need a hug after everything that happened... only 4 more days!!!!!

Courtney- So nice to hear an update from you! I'm glad everything is worked out now with Eric. And, I'm really excited that his parents may be coming around and acting right!!

Have a wonderful trip to WDW for your planning session. I do hope you can find even a half-day for you and Eric to spend some alone time.

Your dress is gorgeous...and you're looking like you pretty much fit into that sample size girl!! Yay for you skinny minnie!!:cool1:

Courtney- So nice to hear an update from you! I'm glad everything is worked out now with Eric. And, I'm really excited that his parents may be coming around and acting right!!

Have a wonderful trip to WDW for your planning session. I do hope you can find even a half-day for you and Eric to spend some alone time.

Your dress is gorgeous...and you're looking like you pretty much fit into that sample size girl!! Yay for you skinny minnie!!:cool1:

awww thanks!!! I can't wait to share my pictures from this trip with everyone- especially of the Wedding Pavilion and the Contemporary Nutcracker Ballrooms!

I'm really glad you like my dress! I can't believe I bought it after only trying a few on, but it felt so right... skinny minnie hardly! What you can't see in that close-up picture are the binder clips that are holding the back on me. ;) I didn't know they had a dual purpose! :idea: Someday soon I will get there though!

Courtney!! I finally got to read the WHOLE wj! It's been such an emotional roller coaster for you - and look at you - Very strong. In all honesty, I don't think I'd last a LDR . . . but KUDOS to you!!!

Fortunately, I'm blessed with understanding in laws. . . and we always talk about how in laws 'purposely' try to make things worse. . but hey as my FMIL says, "You're marrying my son, not me. . as long as you keep my son happy - I'm happy."

I love your wedding!! You've been planning WAY WAY WAY ahead of time, and I'm so glad you have everything in place. I love your theme, your dress, your ideas - and I'm learning so much from you!!

I'm a DVC member too! Totally got suckered in. . . I mean - hey, Disney without worrying for accomodations???? WHY NOT! Its def worth it. I booked reservations last minute and they still welcomed me . . . and the "Welcome Home" Packets you get when ever you check in is a bonus too!

I'm glad that everything's working out for you and it's very apparent that Eric's got your back, no mattter what. How lucky of you or should I say How lucky of him! Take this vacation and enjoy it !! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Courtney, I'm sorry to hear things with the Future In laws have gotten so bad. They are out of control. I don't know why. I agree with PP's that it shows a lot that Eric is so in your corner. I am lucky that my DF's family has very little money but they are incredibly grateful for me, so I can pretty much do no wrong. (His parents don't talk, though, so that's another issue)

On the other hand, you look beautiful in that dress. THe color and style are really flattering on you. Blondes often get washed out and you don't look that way, so that's awesome. I couldn't even try on the sample size, so I'm really glad for you. I don't know what you're doing, but I wish I could do it with you! If you feel like sharing any secrets, let me know, I want to be as in shape as you are on my big day, too! Well, what I wanted to say is that you look absolutely great in that dress!~

Just wanted to say that I love your dress. The top is similar to my dress that I have ordered with the same style straps. Here's a link to the pic of my top http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x62/vcf81/Dress/Wedding006.jpg I definitely wanted some type of sleeve on it.

Have fun on your trip this weekend. Kris and I are meeting up next week for our menu tasting and engagement pictures. He'll be flying down from Ohio and I'm coming from Michigan. We haven't seen each other in around a month, so I'm super excited. Have a great time! :goodvibes

i've just found your journal, firstly congratulations to you both. Don't worry about anyone else, it's you and your partners day so do what makes you happy! We did, and I'm so glad we decided to get married away from home.
Happy planning!
PS Love your dress - can't wait to read more!

Courtney!
I am glad to see you writing in your PJ! Like you, I have had a crazy summer and have not been on much. I am sorry about all the drama, but it seems as though things are looking up for everyone! I love your dress, and you are going to be so beautiful in it! Congrats!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter