Kashmir104's Couture PJ (p.1) & TR (p.28): WP/CR~1/3/09* 5/6: Highlights Video p.30

OMG, I can't believe how much I freaked out the last two days, but the package finally arrived today! Actually my dad left work early (he was taking care of his boss's farm at the time, so he could be a little flexible) and came home, picked up the "sorry we missed you" note, and when to go pick it up at the post office. I left work 20 minutes early hoping I'd get here in time to do it myself, but I hit some bad traffic (go figure!). Amen for Daddy coming through to save the day!!!!

But the package they sent is AMAZING!

First, it contained a super sweet note from Kristi Davis. Omg, I just love her!!!!! What a fantastic person and her note was so sweet... it almost made me cry!! Also, there was a quick hello note from Carol Mikles, our planner, who said she's looking forward to meeting us at our site visit (Carol blocked off her schedule so she could meet us on that day! I think I'm going to love her too!!) And then inside were our annual passes... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: I always wanted to have Disney annual passes and now we do! I was kinda confused at first because they don't look like annual passes, just more like bright green funky receipts, but they definitely are the passes (and park hopper ones at that! Sweeeeeet!!!:thumbsup2 )

Then was the annual pass voucher explanation... and a copy of our signed contract... then...

Our sample Save-the-Dates and sample invitations!!! YAY!!!! OMG they are gorgeous! Apparently they are by Alpine Creative Group in NYC. The Save-the-Dates are on this pearlized white paper with 4 corners gathered in the middle (with a pearlized silver and white square holding all four corners together with the return address on it.) When you open it, it's layered pearlized white, silver, green, then white paper again and says "Save the date for our wedding celebration. 07.15.07 (obviously just an example) time, the wedding pavilion, disney, BRIDE'S NAME . GROOM'S NAME" The texture is so different... and the style is very elegant and clean. The invitations are in silver pearlized envelopes with green printing for the addresses. When you open it up, the invitation is the white pearlized paper again with the square in the middle acting as the seal (but this time the card it just folds down instead of on all corners). The square says "BRIDE'S NAME . GROOM'S NAME" with a rhinestone in the middle as the "." It unfolds to open and there is a piece of vellum with Bride's Initials and Grooms Initials "BN . GN" in the middle again with a rhinestone as the "." The font is a shiny silver. Then When you remove that it goes green pearlized paper, silver pearlized paper, and white pearlized paper with a mix of green and silver colored text (similiar to the save the date.) The invitation says "Bride's Name . Groom's Name, together with their parents invite you to join them as they join hands in marriage, 07.15.07, time, the wedding pavilion, disney, reception to follow. Then below in the bottom fold (which was made into a folder-like area) are cards that are labeled "reception, RSVP, Accomodations or Directions" with info on all of them. Like I said... they are very clean lined, but beautiful... I suppose that's why they call it simply chic!!

I left my camera at work by mistake, so I can't post any pictures of them just yet, but I promise I will tomorrow!!!!!

Finally, included in the package was David Tutera's new party planning book called "The Party Planner" (which was photographed entirely by Charles and Jennifer Maring BTW!!!!!)... so I open it up to take a look and on the title page was an inscription by David! He wrote: "Courtney & Eric, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Looking forward to creating your special day. Forever believe in Magic... I do. David Tutera"

I thought that was so sweet! I was touched that he took the time to personalize our wedding collection a bit more. I originally assumed he would want nothing to do with his collection once he was finished designing it, but he has been really involved and responsive! (I mean he totally didn't have to suggest bridal party colors, but he did anyway!) And with this sweet gift, he is truly a fantastic and very personal person! :thumbsup2

Well I need to head to bed, but I had to share this with everyone!! I will post pictures tomorrow! :banana:

ok, but I have to say I was a little bummed because I immediately called up Eric to tell him about the package (that he's been comforting me over for the last 2 days), but as soon as I start to tell him he interupted me asking for directions for the Hard Rock Cafe in Niagra Falls (he's visiting Buffalo on business this week) instead... then he had to go! So I didn't get to tell him (more like he didn't care at the time.) I know he didn't mean to hurt my feelings, but I was SOOOOOOOO excited to tell him all about it, but he was more concerned about getting food in his stomach :mad: Not cool! My mom told me that males tend not to necessarily care about this type of stuff all the time and not to take it personally, but I thought he would care, especially after I complained non-stop about it not arriving... well he did eventually care later on and said he was sorry for cutting me off. He didn't think that's why I had called and it wasn't on his mind at the moment. I guess since I'm on one track wedding planning mode I assumed he would be too, but I guess that's why opposites attract and he's a "go with the flow" type guy. I'm for sure the detailed one in the relationship!!!

hey girl, sorry about that, yes guys are a little, what's the term? "Aloof?" Sometimes we are on total ends of the spectrum when it comes to wedding planning.

Although, I'm sure once you tell Eric that it made you sad, he'll feel awful about it. I think some of us on the boards can relate:laughing:

SOOO happy that you got your tickets! yaye! and i think that is sooo cool that David personalized a note for you, that's so sweet!

By the way, my family and I LOVE Cape Cod. We've vacation in Brewster and always visit Provincetown, ...uhh, nothing like being at the tip of the shore and looking out and seeing nothing but ocean!

I'm sure you can try to incorporate some kind of sea stuff into your theme, no? Maybe you can ask Carol or David???:confused3

Keep us posted!!!:cutie:

Soooo happy you got your planning box! Everything sounds totally awesome and soooo beautiful! I am looking forward to seeing the photos once you get your camera!

Your wedding is going to be amazing! I'm so jealous! I would love to see your face on the day when you see all the beautiful decor and Eric's face when he sees you!! xx

I have been reading your PJ and wanted to congratulate you and your DF! How exciting to have a couture wedding--I'm loving reading about the details :) Maybe one day when my Prince comes I'll be able to have a wedding as lovely as your sounds.
Can't wait for the pictures--although you described everything wonderfully!

hi Courtney - just read your journal from start to finish - love it!! first off, best of everything to you and Eric. it looks like you guys have everything so well planned out. and your wedding will be elegant and chic beyond your dreams.. I love calla's also and am using silk since my actual wedding and celebration luncheon are 4 days apart...

looking forward to more details and photos...and of course, quite curious about Eric's parents reaction to your plans. don't let their negativity get to you - this is somthing the two of you obviously have put enormous thought and effort into - and like it's been said before, we here on these boards will listen anytime you need to vent..

trust me - we all have or will shortly! :rotfl:

anyhow, a pleasure "meeting" you :goodvibes ...and I'm really glad you got your package finally!

Michelle:cloud9:

Hi Everyone!

I am sorry I have to make this post quick... I've spent the last few hours helping my family clean our house :eek: because Eric is coming to visit tomorrow! :banana: YAY! I'll pick him up at the airport pretty late at night and he'll fly back on Tuesday afternoon (and I'm not taking Monday off from work. He's going fishing with my dad for some bonding time,) so just a quick trip... but we will see each other again when I fly to DISNEYLAND only 8 days after he leaves on Tuesday!!!!!!!!! :dance3: :cool1: :woohoo: :yay:

Needless to say, it's been a busy night (which is why I won't have time to respond to everyones comments right away, but I will eventually!!) Thank you everyone for responding and sticking around through our LONG planning process!!!

I remembered to bring my camera home from work with me today and wanted to share some pictures of the gift we received as well as the sample save-the-dates and invitations. The invitations are just samples, not the real things. Just so Eric and I can have an idea of what to expect!

David Tutera's book we received (notice in the bottom left hand corner who the photographers are!!!)
Picture001.jpg

The autographed title page:
Picture002.jpg

What our Save-The-Date looks like unopened. The middle of that square says "return address," so I'm thinking that's where our address will go and then you flip it over and will have the guest's mailing address:
Picture003.jpg

An open view of our Save-The-Date (everything is all one piece- nothing detaches):
Picture004.jpg

A closer view of the Save-The-Date:
Picture005.jpg

The front of our invitation (with the silver envelope in the background):
Picture006.jpg

Another view of the front of the invitation (but you can really see how the paper just sparkles and shines!):
Picture007.jpg

A closer view of the front:
Picture012.jpg

Our invitations opened up (with the velum on the top with our initials and a rhinestone)- The style really reminds me of Jasnal's invitations!
Picture008.jpg

A closer view of the invitation without the velum on top:
Picture009.jpg

A picture of the info cards tucked into the "folder" of the invitations:
Picture010.jpg

I took this picture to try to show you the sparkle/shine of the paper. It's just sooo pretty!!!
Picture011.jpg

I'm sorry some of them were pretty blurry. When I tried to take the pictures with my flash you couldn't see anything but whiteness, so i tried it without and got the best shots I could.

Well I need to get going and finish up a few things around the house before I head to bed... I hope you enjoyed the pictures!! Goodnight everyone!!

Courtney! I love everything! The invitations are awesome! You are so lucky, you are going to have a beautiful wedding!:goodvibes Congrats on losing weight, that is awesome! I am trying to shed a few myself....:headache: Anyway, just wanted to drop by! Hope you have a great night!:goodvibes

Wow. The save the dates and Invitations are beautiful! Love the way they are put together! Enjoy your time with Eric this weekend!!!!:)

"tres chic" Courtney! :goodvibes seriously, your invites are so elegant - enjoy your weekend with Eric - you must be so excited! I know how happy I am every day when I go home and see my fiance - I cannot imagine not being able to see him everyday! :sad1: you are a real trooper!

Michelle:cloud9:

Ooooh I love those invitations. Very nice! Your PJ looks awesome so far! Cant wait to read more :)

Figmentfan814- That's awesome that you were able to hear more about the styles! Can you sharing anything that they said with me? I'd love to hear!!! That must be the other wedding that Kristi Davis told me about. How cool! I wonder what style that person picked!

I'm really excited to see you're getting married in EPCOT!! It's by far my favorite park in all of Disney!! :thumbsup2

I was reading back through some things on your PJ and noticed that I hadn't responded to your question. They didn't really share too many details about the wedding. They were talking about how everyone was excited to formally start planning their first couture wedding. Our floral designer said that it was interesting to work with David Tutera getting all the styles designed. She said that they were very meticulous to take photos of everything from every single angle to make sure that when they duplicated them for brides, everything would be up to his standards.

Courtney I love the save the dates and the invitations. I'm sure you are so relieved the package finally arrived! I can't believe David personalized his book for you!!!!!

Have you made a decision on using the photographers yet?

I just read this entire thing because I was curious what the couture collection was. OMG! It's GORGEOUS!!! You are going to have an amazing wedding. Congratulations!:goodvibes

Congratulations! Everything sounds fabulous. We're celebrating our 10th this year so it's nice to remember all the planning with you.

wow courtney!

Those are so goregous! I can't wait to hear more about your wedding planning!
Maggie

I dont know how i missed your Pj but im glad i found it!!

I think your proposal story is awesome!!

I would love to see how a contemporary resort reception turns out!!
Tha menu sounds really yummy!!

Im glad your excited about your planning....im really hoping that your FILs dont make you do a 180! Im on your side!!

Congrats & cant wait to read more:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter