Kalahari in Sandusky, Oh- any discounts?

TinkOhio

DIS Veteran
Is anyone aware of any codes or other discounts available for booking a suite at Kalahari? My DD and her best friend are celebrating their birthday in November, and we are considering renting a suite. We are educators and have AAA. Not sure if either is helpful in securing a discount.

TIA for any help!:goodvibes

We have found that Great Wolf lodge (just down the road) has better prices and nicer suites.

We have found that Great Wolf lodge (just down the road) has better prices and nicer suites.

Just went there last week for the first time. I got a 2 night promo rate for Friday - Sat for $128, $10.00 resort fee plus tax!

Sis went for Sat. night only and got $179, resort fee plus tax.

We both got Family Suites with balconies. We had a blast! They have promos on their website, plus you can sign up for email discounts, just like you can for Kalihari.

Haven't been to Kalihari yet as it's a bit big for my kids, but the prices are always higher than Great Wolf for the times we want to go.

Tiger :)

The special offers section on their website seems to be the best place in my experience. We've gone every winter for a night or two practically since they opened and I've always found booking direct to be the best deal.

As far as Great Wolf goes my older kids (10 & 14) like Kalahari better. The waterpark at Great Wolf is more little-kid friendly with fewer height-restricted slides, while Kalahari is better for older kids/adults with more big slides. Not that Great Wolf is bad - we sometimes do the smaller indoor waterpark resorts for DD3's sake and the big kids do enjoy it, but the waterpark at Kalahari keeps them amused for an entire weekend stay where the smaller waterparks leave them wanting to explore some of the other activities at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!