JustEmmy and Emmysmommy return to WDW for some wining and dining

Hi Emmy! I am joining in. I love your review so far - can't wait to hear about the rest. I can't wait to see what you think of Narcoossee's - it is our favorite!!

We love Sunshine Seasons for breakfast. And my hubby is always grumpy until he has his breakfast (kind of like me until I have my first Starbucks).

Looking forward to more.

Hi Emmy! I am joining in. I love your review so far - can't wait to hear about the rest. I can't wait to see what you think of Narcoossee's - it is our favorite!!

Hi there! So glad you are joining in. I especially hope you enjoy the upcoming Narcoossee's review. The signature restaurant reviews are my favorite. :goodvibes

We love Sunshine Seasons for breakfast. And my hubby is always grumpy until he has his breakfast (kind of like me until I have my first Starbucks).

Looking forward to more.

Haha! How funny. Usually I'm fine for a few hours in the morning, but some mornings, the world is just all wrong until I'm fed. That was one of those morning. It turned into a great opportunity to try something new though. :)

All caught up on your review :)

Great! I'm just about to post a new one. Hopefully, now that I've started summer, they'll be more frequent. :)

Teppan Edo

Right before lunch, we got caught in a drenching downpour that's very typical of Florida weather. Even still, we made it to the Japan pavilion for our reservation at Teppan Edo. At the door, we were greeted with a smile and a towel to dry off. It was such a nice gesture—very Disney.

We were seated at a table with a couple who were just engaged and a couple celebrating a milestone anniversary, and at this point I was wearing my birthday button, so it was a table full of celebrations and celebration buttons… except for my mom. When the manager commented on all the happy occasions, my mom said, “I’m just happy to be here”. A few minutes later, the manager came back with Disney’s “I’m Celebrating” button with the words, “Just happy to be here” written on it, which she presented to my mom. It was really cute.

Even cuter was our teppan chef, Mayo. She was so witty and talented. She was absolutely full of one-liners throughout our meal. At the end of the review, I’ll give an example or two of just what I mean. But now that I’ve given all of you an idea of the character of the restaurant, I think it’s time to talk about the food.

Unfortunately, I completely spaced on getting a picture of mom’s food, but she got the chicken with shrimp, or the Ueno. Mom really enjoyed her meal, and her favorite sauce is the ginger sauce. As for myself, I wasn’t feeling hungry enough to have anything with meat, so I had the vegetable entrée, or the Yasai. I thought it was really delicious. The vegetables include mushroom, broccoli, and carrots, and Mayo even mixed in some of the ginger sauce for me. Even with the noodles and rice, it was a light meal, but it ended up being the perfect amount of food for how hungry I was.

For a complimentary birthday dessert, they brought us a slice of their ginger cake. I love the ginger cake. I think it has the perfect balance of chocolate and ginger. Mom doesn’t care for it though, so that just means more for me. Even though I was already full, I managed to not leave any of this behind.

As promised, here are some pictures of the restaurant, including pictures showing some of Mayo’s creativity:

Between the shrimp and the zucchini, there’s a little trail of sesame seeds, which Mayo referred to as “Sesame Street”.

Mayo asked if I liked mushrooms. When I said yes, she pushed all the mushrooms on the table towards me.

When my mom asked what’s in their “yummy sauce”, Mayo quickly replied “me!”

Volcano!

Mom butting in here..... I didn't forget to take a photo of my food!!

Chicken and shrimp! Oh so delicious!
DSC00247.jpg

Late to the party, but I'm in! All of your stops so far look sooooo good. Yachtsman & teppan edo are at the top of my list right now! I hope we get the lovely Ricardo as our server. He looks so genuinely kind. Can't wait to drool over your pretty food shots!

Oh my ... I'm sooo far behind! Real life has been keeping me away from the boards, but just had to pop in and catch up with this fabulous report. I've really enjoyed all the updates Emmy, and am really hoping we luck out and have Ricardo for our server on our first visit to YSH in the fall. Teppan Edo looked wonderful and you certainly had a fun chef! Can't wait to read your Narcoossee's review, we have ADR's there too! :woohoo:

Now I must try to catch up with your mom's awesome TR! :thumbsup2

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Leave it to Mom to insert her own picture.

Great update, Em. We ate at Teppan Edo for the first time this past December and really enjoyed it (well, all except for the screaming kid at the table next to ours).

Every time I see your updates I suffer more camera envy. I showed my hubby and told him we have to get a new one for our next trip! Great job!

Beautiful pictures as usual! I've never been to Teppan Edo, but I always enjoy teppanyaki-style dining so it looks really good. Also, it sounds like Mayo was a lot of fun!

what a fun trip report!! Your pictures are outstanding and make it even harder for me to wait for my September trip. I plan to recreate a couple of your experiences.

And it sounds like Ricardo is a real gem! Fabulous to know that Disney does in fact recognize that kind of service and commitment.

It's also lovely to see you and your mom traveling together and really seeming to enjoy it.

I want to go to Teppan Edo... However I don't want up sit with strangers! We went to Benihanna once (I had horrible anxiety at the time) and when they sat us with strangers I just had to leave....

One of these days ill brave it! ;)

Mom butting in here..... I didn't forget to take a photo of my food!!

Chicken and shrimp! Oh so delicious!
DSC00247.jpg

Well, by all means, you should take over the whole report then. :thumbsup2

Your pictures really make me want to eat there!

Great job :thumbsup2

Thanks! I feel like I've done my job then. :)

There's no hiding from Mom Em!

Haha! I guess not... At least people have a picture now! :rotfl2:

Late to the party, but I'm in! All of your stops so far look sooooo good. Yachtsman & teppan edo are at the top of my list right now! I hope we get the lovely Ricardo as our server. He looks so genuinely kind. Can't wait to drool over your pretty food shots!

Thanks for joining in! I'm glad you're enjoying the report. Both Yachtsman and teppan edo are fabulous options. Both also have exceptional service. I hope you continue to enjoy the reviews. :goodvibes

Oh my ... I'm sooo far behind! Real life has been keeping me away from the boards, but just had to pop in and catch up with this fabulous report. I've really enjoyed all the updates Emmy, and am really hoping we luck out and have Ricardo for our server on our first visit to YSH in the fall. Teppan Edo looked wonderful and you certainly had a fun chef! Can't wait to read your Narcoossee's review, we have ADR's there too! :woohoo:

Now I must try to catch up with your mom's awesome TR! :thumbsup2

Hi Carol. I'm so glad you were able to stop by. Narcoossee's was a great meal for us. I just wish that I could get the that review before a few of the lesser meals that we had first. haha! If only every dining review could be riveting. ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Leave it to Mom to insert her own picture.

Great update, Em. We ate at Teppan Edo for the first time this past December and really enjoyed it (well, all except for the screaming kid at the table next to ours).

Haha! Well, at least there's always a back up. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you like the review. It's such a fun, interactive dining experience... I'm sure it's even better without screaming kids right next door. :rotfl:

Every time I see your updates I suffer more camera envy. I showed my hubby and told him we have to get a new one for our next trip! Great job!

Haha! Thank you. I do love my camera. I haven't really found a Canon that I don't like.

Beautiful pictures as usual! I've never been to Teppan Edo, but I always enjoy teppanyaki-style dining so it looks really good. Also, it sounds like Mayo was a lot of fun!

Thanks DDW! :goodvibes I haven't been to other teppanyaki-style restaurants in a while, so I really can't say how unique Teppan Edo is or how it compares, but it is really good. The sauces add fantastic flavor to the entrees as well. The personalities and hospitality of the staff are probably what sets it apart the most though. :)

Just found your dining review Emmy and am loving it! Subbing in princess:

I'm so glad you're enjoying the review! Thanks for joining in. :)

what a fun trip report!! Your pictures are outstanding and make it even harder for me to wait for my September trip. I plan to recreate a couple of your experiences.

And it sounds like Ricardo is a real gem! Fabulous to know that Disney does in fact recognize that kind of service and commitment.

It's also lovely to see you and your mom traveling together and really seeming to enjoy it.

Aww! I'm so glad you enjoy it so much. :goodvibes

I agree, especially considering that these recognized CM's have been around for at least twenty years. They deserve their recognition.

Oh, we really do. My mom and I have such compatible traveling styles that it's easy to get along and have fun.

I hope you have a wonderful September trip! :goodvibes

I want to go to Teppan Edo... However I don't want up sit with strangers! We went to Benihanna once (I had horrible anxiety at the time) and when they sat us with strangers I just had to leave....

One of these days ill brave it! ;)

I'm so sorry to hear that. The company can absolutely make or break the experience. Luckily, we've always had either great company, or nonsocial company. Either one works. lol :thumbsup2 I hope you're able to enjoy it someday. :)

Club Level Lounge- Afternoon Snack

The club level lounge has a fabulous selection during the afternoon. After our Teppan Edo lunch and before our Raglan Road dinner, we decided to try it out. Among the choices are apple slices with caramel cups, peaunut butter and jelly, assorted cheeses, trail mix, veggie platters, crackers, hot hor d’oeuvres, wines, juices, lemonade, and a few other things.

I made a plate of olives, a roll, a slice of wheat bread, a crab Rangoon, and raspberry and brie en croute. Both hot hor d’oeuvres were very good. The Rangoon was crispy and although I’m typically not a fan of crab, I really enjoyed this. The raspberry puff thing (for lack of a simpler name) was like a little bite size pastry.

Mom had olives, apple slices, cheese and crackers, the raspberry puffs, pb&j on a King’s Hawaiian roll, and a glass of merlot. She really missed the little pb&j's.

Here are some pictures of the lounge’s other selections:

I would like to announce an upcoming trip report. Mom and I will be taking a short trip to Disneyland. We arrive tomorrow night and I'll be leaving Saturday morning. Even though we have annual passes, it will be our first time staying on property, so stay tuned for more about our stay. We're very excited. I'll make sure to post in a link once I've started. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter