JustEmmy and Emmysmommy return to WDW for some wining and dining

Wonderful reviews, Emmy. Unfortunately, we were not a fan of 50's Prime Time last year, but glad you and your mom enjoyed it.

We will have to put Captain's Grille on the list for a future visit for dinner (we are having breakfast there in December).

And I so love the Yachtsman; it has become a must-do for us after our meal there in December and then again last month. I think we will have to ask for your charming Ricardo the next time we go. :goodvibes

Enjoy your time in Nebraska.

Glad you are back, Em, and obviously have got your software issue sorted.

Loving the latest reviews and I think you have just convinced me that I have to take Sian to Yachtsman for her 21st Birthday meal (I am still hoping to persuade your Mom and you to join us, at least for part of that trip).

Fantastic reviews!! I'm with you on the onion rolls at Yachtsman-- they absolutely deserve a mention! So yummy!
We're going to Yachtsman in September-- I might have to see if we can request a table in Ricardo's section!

Great review! We have been lucky enough to have Ricardo as our server on a trip a few years ago and the past three trips have gone back to the Yachtsman but somehow always on a night that he isn't there. :sad1:. I'm so glad to see that he is doing well and still there, hopefully next time we'll be able to catch him. He really is the most wonderful CM we have ever met!

Hi Em!

Great updates

We've never been to Captain's Grille but your dinner looks really good and it's great to know that walk ups are an option

Love the dessert viewfinder at 50's and your apple crisp looks devine!

Can't wait to try YSH again, it looks like it's going to be one of our December dinners - I hope we get Ricardo :)

Ooh and great photos!

Lx

All caught up on your review so far! So happy to hear about your consistently wonderful experiences at Yachtsman. We are dining there in August. I hope we get Ricardo by some stroke of luck!

I really enjoyed your reviews. Except that they made me hungry!! I really need to spend a few weeks in Disney and just knock some of this restaurants off my list!

I really loved your pictures of PTC, Particularly the one of your mom and viewfinder and the stove and what I think are hula hoops? Very artsy :)

Aargh, it drives you crazy doesn't it !!
I can't stand it when my photos don't play ball ;)
We are all happy to wait Em!
PS - hope you had a great Spring Break :)

Thanks so much Linda! You're so sweet. :goodvibes

And yes, I did! The kids were all great. I ended up supervising 9-12 year olds. It was a great experience. :)

Oh darn!!! I was wondering.....I check this thread every day hoping for an update from you.

We will just have to wait patiently, and after seeing the first few pics, I know the wait will be worth it!!!

Thanks for waiting patiently. I hope it was worth the wait after all! :)

Joining In

Thanks! Hope you enjoy the report so far. :)

I'm sorry you are having computer issues, but it kept me to being only one update behind. ;)

I loved your review of Yak and Yeti. We've not been there since the year it opened and we absolutely loved our meal there. I'm debating now cancelling Tusker House for breakfast and having lunch at Yak & Yeti...but then we'd have to miss Flame Tree. This is such a hard decision.

The decision breaker might come down to your mom's pina colada. I love pina coladas and that one looks so good.

How convenient! Glad it worked out. :thumbsup2

That is a hard decision. Luckily, you can play that one by ear and cancel the reservation at the last minute if you need to. Mom really did enjoy the pina colada; I hope you enjoy it as much as she did if you choose Yak and Yeti. :goodvibes

Great review of Y+Y! We ate there for the first time last week and ordered almost the same line-up as you did (we got lettuce wraps instead of egg rolls). Your pictures put mine to shame! Great job!

Thanks! Those lettuce wraps have been sounding so good lately. I may just have to recreate them... :scratchin

Thank You for your reviews, so far!

I am looking forward to reading more.

:goodvibes

You're welcome! I'm so glad you're enjoying them. :goodvibes

So excited to see an update here, especially a positive one for Captain's Grille! I also tried it for dinner in December, and it exceeded my expectations. Several of the dishes on the menu (like your pork duo) are still pretty new, since they overhauled a lot of the menu in September (for the better, IMO)! :thumbsup2

Also, I had no idea that the flags underneath Captain's Grille actually had a meaning! That's a really interesting detail. A lot of people see Captain's Grille as a rather generic optio, but between the nautical motifs everywhere, the interesting menus, and the relatively calm atmosphere, it's gradually become one of my favorites at WDW. :goodvibes

Edit: Just saw your club level breakfast update - everything looks so good. I like how YC and BC now serve hard-boiled eggs, since it's nice to have a protein option in addition to the continental breakfast offerings. That croissant looks especially tasty (it's 2:30am and now I'm feeling really hungry). :laughing:

I'm glad to know that we tried the new, improved menu. It was definitely far more than what we were expecting. :goodvibes

I absolutely agree with you. It really has some character. It blends so well with the rest of the Yacht Club property... Maybe just too well for its own good. It's a very classy place. :thumbsup2

Haha! Anything sounds good at 2:30am ;) It really is good to see them offer a light, well-rounded breakfast for the club level guests. The presentation of the hard-boiled eggs is especially nice too. Again, very classy. :laughing:

Have fun in Nebraska, Emmy. Your pictures are just so amazing. You really have a gift. And good tip about the kid's portion! DH and I often share one main, but sometimes we don't want the same thing and one of us (read: CaliBear) has to compromise! Kid's portion sounds like a good alternative! :goodvibes

Aww! Thank you so much. :) Haha! That's how my mom and I ended up finding this one out. A lot of the time, mom and I won't be very hungry, but we have very different appetites, so we'll both end up eating way to much of what we want instead of splitting something. This time worked out well. :)

Wonderful pictures Emily!

Love the tip about the kids chicken portion at 50's! I don't see it on the menu but may ask about it!

So lovely that you were able to get one of your favorite servers back at Yachtsman! Sounds like a lovely meal!

Thanks Paula! :goodvibes

The smaller portion was a great find! I don't see how anyone could comfortably get through a full-sized plate. You save room for dessert this way, too. :thumbsup2

It really was. Isn't is funny how much of a difference customer service makes?

Great updates! I've never tried Captain's Grill but your review has me wanting to :thumbsup2. I loved getting a peak into the CL offerings. And I had no idea about the special name tags for the extraordinary CMs - that is fascinating and now I'm on a mission to find one next time we're there!

Have a great trip to Nebraska.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the updates. It was an interesting day of new, fun facts for us. :)

Sorry to hear you were having technical issues-it's always a pain when that happens!

But fantastic updates and reviews-your photos are so lovely and they make me want to be sat in the restaurant myself!

Ricardo seems such a lovely man from what you wrote and also from reading about him from your Mom's past DR's.

:)

Thanks for your sympathies. It's certainly not convenient, but at least it's fixed now. haha :goodvibes

Thank you so much. Isn't that the problem with reviews? I bet that people on the dining boards plan return trips more frequently than on any other boards-- it's all about the food. :thumbsup2

He really is. We'll plan our reservations around his work schedule just to get seated with him. :goodvibes

Fantastic photos and reviews! I need to put Captain's Grille on my list. I ate at PTC and Yachtsman last week and agree they were fantastic! I loved the twist on the Caesar salad at YSh.

Jill in CO

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them. :goodvibes Isn't the Caesar at Yachtsman the best? It's definitely the best Caesar I've had. :cloud9:

Wonderful reviews, Emmy. Unfortunately, we were not a fan of 50's Prime Time last year, but glad you and your mom enjoyed it.

We will have to put Captain's Grille on the list for a future visit for dinner (we are having breakfast there in December).

And I so love the Yachtsman; it has become a must-do for us after our meal there in December and then again last month. I think we will have to ask for your charming Ricardo the next time we go. :goodvibes

Enjoy your time in Nebraska.

Thanks! :) Sorry to hear that your experience at 50's was subpar. That's too bad. Luckily, there's plenty of other great options to choose from. :thumbsup2

Captain's Grille is really worth the visit. We've been there for breakfast a few times, and it's pretty good, but the dinner menu it phenomenal. It's very diverse too.

Us too! It's one that you just have to make time for once you've tried it. I hope you're able to get a table with Ricardo. He's one in a million. :goodvibes

Glad you are back, Em, and obviously have got your software issue sorted.

Loving the latest reviews and I think you have just convinced me that I have to take Sian to Yachtsman for her 21st Birthday meal (I am still hoping to persuade your Mom and you to join us, at least for part of that trip).

Thanks Joh! Glad to be back. :)

Aww! That sounds lovely. What are your dates? I still wish that I hadn't had to miss out on all the fun in Vegas.

Fantastic reviews!! I'm with you on the onion rolls at Yachtsman-- they absolutely deserve a mention! So yummy!
We're going to Yachtsman in September-- I might have to see if we can request a table in Ricardo's section!

They are the best! I hope you're able to get a table with Ricardo. He's such a breath of fresh air. :goodvibes

Great review! We have been lucky enough to have Ricardo as our server on a trip a few years ago and the past three trips have gone back to the Yachtsman but somehow always on a night that he isn't there. :sad1:. I'm so glad to see that he is doing well and still there, hopefully next time we'll be able to catch him. He really is the most wonderful CM we have ever met!

I'm glad to hear that you've had the same wonderful service from him as we have. He's certainly been working hard and well for a while now! He deserves all the recognition he's received. :)

Hi Em!

Great updates

We've never been to Captain's Grille but your dinner looks really good and it's great to know that walk ups are an option

Love the dessert viewfinder at 50's and your apple crisp looks devine!

Can't wait to try YSH again, it looks like it's going to be one of our December dinners - I hope we get Ricardo :)

Ooh and great photos!

Lx

Hi Linda! :goodvibes

Captain's Grille is a fabulous find. It's menu is really diverse. They also always have a vegetarian option, so it may be a good choice for you and your husband. :)

I do too! It's so creative and fun. :goodvibes The apple crisp was wonderful. It's one of my personal favorites. :)

I hope so too! Although, I'm sure it'll be a wonderful dinner anyway. I'm really very excited for December. :hyper:

Thank you! It's been really fun getting them all together and editing them. :)

All caught up on your review so far! So happy to hear about your consistently wonderful experiences at Yachtsman. We are dining there in August. I hope we get Ricardo by some stroke of luck!

Hey Kristen! Glad you could drop in. :) I hope you are able to get Ricardo. You would love him. Not to mention how good the food is. :thumbsup2

I really enjoyed your reviews. Except that they made me hungry!! I really need to spend a few weeks in Disney and just knock some of this restaurants off my list!

I really loved your pictures of PTC, Particularly the one of your mom and viewfinder and the stove and what I think are hula hoops? Very artsy :)

Haha! Glad you enjoyed them. Writing them makes me hungry, but the photo editing is probably the worst. ;)

Thank you! I love restaurants like this where the scenery just hands the picture to you. haha And yes, those are hula hoops-- a very creative design choice for them to make. :)

Hi Emmy, I hope that this year's school work is just about wrapped up and that you can conquer your technical issues soon so that you can continue with this mouth watering, visually tempting dining review :thumbsup2

Sunshine Seasons

On this particular morning, I woke up late and mom had already gotten some breakfast from club level. Unfortunately for anyone within a five mile radius, I was hungry and in no mood for funny business. So, with my case of the morning hungry grumpies, we headed to Epcot and ended up going into The Land pavilion to get me a bite to eat at Sunshine Seasons. Never before has a woman acted so much like a bear woken from hibernation like I did up until my body finally realized that there was no reason to be “trippin”.

I had the blueberry croissant bread pudding with some orange juice to drink. I’ve heard before that it can be dry and is better with some syrup, but it was perfect—served warm and not dry at all. The blueberries gave it fabulous flavor too. I’ve said this before, but I’m usually not a bread pudding person and this was wonderful.

Mom had an apple Danish, which was just alright. It had a gooey, gummy, tasteless middle that too many mediocre Danishes suffer from. It’s the unfortunate syndrome associated with the use of too much cornstarch and sugar.

And, as is customary on this report, some pictures from the morning:

I was behind, but I love the updates from 50's Prime Time, Yachtsman and Sunshine Seasons. I love that they gave you the kid's portion! That might be the perfect thing for us to have there! I love the detailed service that you got with Ricardo! :goodvibes

Oh and I fully understand your breakfast troubles! We can't get out of the resort without me eating something! :) I have to keep granola bars or oatmeal on hand for a moment's notice! :littleangel:

I just wanted to respond here because our first meal at the Yachtsman was last February and we too had Ricardo as our server. We actually went for Valentine's Day evening and the place was HOPPING! Our daughter, was really tired and falling asleep at the table. Ricardo arranged for her desert to be carefully packaged up to have later. He was absolutely outstanding. Never missed a beat even though he was clearly extremely busy.

I am so happy to see that he has been recognised because he is one of 2 CM's we have encountered over our many trips that I can honestly say went far above and beyond for the guests.

I just wanted to respond here because our first meal at the Yachtsman was last February and we too had Ricardo as our server. We actually went for Valentine's Day evening and the place was HOPPING! Our daughter, was really tired and falling asleep at the table. Ricardo arranged for her desert to be carefully packaged up to have later. He was absolutely outstanding. Never missed a beat even though he was clearly extremely busy.

I am so happy to see that he has been recognised because he is one of 2 CM's we have encountered over our many trips that I can honestly say went far above and beyond for the guests.

I agree Mr. Romance!! What a great job he did recognizing your sleepy little one would be thrilled to see dessert waiting for later!

It is the little touches that made our experience so wonderful with Ricardo from the hand written note one the postcard welcoming us back to the menu presented with a bow, to the graciousness he extended to everyone, not just us. We are asking for him again in August.

Hi Em :)

So funny you were all grumpy until you got your breakfast!

I'm exactly the same!

A fine choice though - Sunshine Seasons is a fab place for breakfast :)

Lx

I was behind, but I love the updates from 50's Prime Time, Yachtsman and Sunshine Seasons. I love that they gave you the kid's portion! That might be the perfect thing for us to have there! I love the detailed service that you got with Ricardo! :goodvibes

Oh and I fully understand your breakfast troubles! We can't get out of the resort without me eating something! :) I have to keep granola bars or oatmeal on hand for a moment's notice! :littleangel:

Hi there! The 50's kid's portion was definitely a nice surprise. It's always nice to not feel like you have to eat more than you can handle. They do have such big servings there and I hate to waste food, so it's really a perfect compromise. And Ricardo is a real gem for sure. :goodvibes

That's such a great idea! Mom is a master at snacking (I can't tell you how many Special K bars we have in the house right now:rotfl2:) so that might be just the thing for us on those long mornings before breakfast. :thumbsup2

Aww! MrRomance, that sounds very true to character for Ricardo. The fact that everyone who mentions him agrees that he goes so far above and beyond is really a testament to him. I agree that he deserves all the recognition that he's received. :)

Emmy you are doing a great job with your review. One of my DD's have been enjoying reading your thread as well.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you and your daughter are enjoying it. :)

Hi Em :)

So funny you were all grumpy until you got your breakfast!

I'm exactly the same!

A fine choice though - Sunshine Seasons is a fab place for breakfast :)

Lx

Hi there, Linda! :)

Haha! It wasn't so funny for my poor mom. Luckily, she's very understanding. :thumbsup2 I'm glad that we decided to try this out though. It really is fab. :goodvibes

Aww! That sounds lovely. What are your dates? I still wish that I hadn't had to miss out on all the fun in Vegas.

Hi Emmy, totally missed this. We are in Disney World from 11th to 18th March next year. Would be great if you and your Mum could manage to fit another trip in ;)

Hi Emmy, totally missed this. We are in Disney World from 11th to 18th March next year. Would be great if you and your Mum could manage to fit another trip in ;)

Depending on when my Spring Break is, that may just work out. I hope we can make it! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter