Just Went Through Posts in This Forum From 2003 - Funny!

DisDreaming4116

DIS Veteran
Went back 14,000+ posts and here are my thoughts:

The majority of questions asked then are still asked now. So much has changed and yet so little has.

When will the month's hours be posted?
What's the weather like in month?
Where to view the fireworks? (@Robo maps weren't posted everywhere, unfortunately)
Should attraction be updated or changed?
When should I go to WDW?
Will MGM Studios change their name?
Just got back from WDW and didn't use a single FastPass!
Is it worth buying an AP? ($350ish):sad2:

Some things have changed drastically however:

What do I do in line to pass the time?! HAHAHA (no smart phones yet)
Which MNSSHP should I go to? (they started the parties in MID-October)
People very concerned about traveling with the threat of the US going to war in Iraq and terror threat levels at orange.

Nothing about "how old is too old for a stroller" type discussions? That would be surprising if true.

I did this last week on the DL forum and was having a blast reading through them! The days when DCA first opened and people wanted to know if it was worth their while.

I recently found a site that has articles/pictures of all the old things in Disney parks (i.e. how DCA looked when it first opened, rides that have closed, etc.). SO much nostalgia.

I remember reading endless discussion of Port Orleans French Quarter vs. Riverside and is the AK a half or full-day park. And don't forget the rope drop debates!

That’s too funny. I did this on the “News and Rumors board” a few weeks ago. I went back about 3 years at a time and it was too funny reading the speculation about so many things we take for granted now. Things like: how FP should be used (the original, not FP+), how Expedition Everest was coming along, and why in the world Disney pick Pandora, of all things, LOL.

OP, you mentioned 2004 being before smart phones. It is stunning how ubiquitous smart phones are for an invention that wasn’t released until 2007. That was just 12 years ago. Unbelievable.

Well in 2006 before our 1st trip I had not even heard of Fast Passes until I discovered this site and to be honest I find the people of the last few years a lot more friendly than then. And I laughed at your what to do in line thing. I was still learning WDW then and only took 3500 pictures on that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter