Just wanted to thank everyone

luvflorida

DIS Veteran
This morning I requested a moderator to lock my earlier thread. Since then, I have received, and continue to receive, many PM's. I've answered them all and I appreciate the concern people have shown. It appears that many people are still upset over this incident and everyone wants to know the outcome. My husband and I have a meeting Friday morning with the school's VP. We are still deciding on the best way to resolve this to everyone's satisfaction. I will definitely update all my DIS buddies on the outcome.

You guys have made the past few days a lot easier to get through. Thanks a bunch! :)

edited to add- My daughter did fine in art class today and I was proud of the way she handled herself.

Hang in there. Many of us are praying for a good outcome for your family.

It's been a topic of discussion in my house and if my boys had done something of that nature, they'd be in bigger trouble at home than at school, trust me.

suzanne

Give your daughter a hug from me. I am glad to to hear that the situation is getting worked out.

I am glad that it is all working out. Those boys should get MUCH MORE than a DETENTION. I do hope she feels better :( :hug:

I just wanted to add my good wishes. You should be proud of your daughter and she is very lucky to have a great mom & dad!

I've been thinking about you and your DD. Good luck at your meeting! I hope everything gets worked out the way you would like it to.

I missed it, but hope all works out well... :wizard:

Good luck tomorrow, I hope all goes well.

I was just about to pm you. This whole situation has rubbed me the wrong way, it really upset me, and I am a total stranger! Those boys should get alot more than just a detention, in my school they would have been sent off right then. I really want to hear how the meeting friday goes. :grouphug:

Glad things are doing better for you all. I've been thinking about you.

At the very least this has created a lot of discussions betweens parents and kids.

Lots of Hugs

I didn't post on the other thread, but I read every page.

Sending :grouphug: to your family!

As a former high school teacher, I find the boys' actions deplorable. I hope you are able to reach a satisfactory resolution and that your daughter has a wonderful summer vacation!

Amy :)

Good luck. You and your daughter are in my prayers. I feel really bad about that situation - it did get me to talk more to my daughter and things that happen at school.

I'm so relieved that your daughter had a good day in art today. :)

And in sharing your story here you've generated much discussion in so many of our homes, obviously. I talked with my older son about it last night and we talked about why it was inappropriate and the repercussions the boys may face as a result of their poor choices.

Wishing you and your husband the best in your meeting, and that all the kids involved come away from it knowing its something that can never happen again. :hug:

I have steam coming out of my ears, I am so mad! I am so sorry your DD had to go through that. I had something similar happen, and though I still remember the sting of it (mine was verbal) and feeling so helpless, time has helped. I hope she will see someday that it helped make her stonger, and just a little better prepared to handle rough times. :grouphug:

Kids in general stink!

snoopy said:
And in sharing your story here you've generated much discussion in so many of our homes, obviously.

Absolutely!

I also had a discussion with my DS13 after reading the other thread. It was something I really never thought I would have to discuss with him, so thanks to the OP for sharing her story. My husband felt like since this was done in public the apology from the boys should also be in public, maybe that is something that could be brought up with the school administration (if your daughter would want that). Good luck!

I'm wishing that this incident is the absolute worst experience your DD has to endure in her high school years.

:grouphug:

Sending positive vibes and wishes that she never has to deal with anything like this again. :wizard:

Microcell said:
I have steam coming out of my ears, I am so mad! I am so sorry your DD had to go through that. I had something similar happen, and though I still remember the sting of it (mine was verbal) and feeling so helpless, time has helped. I hope she will see someday that it helped make her stonger, and just a little better prepared to handle rough times. :grouphug:

Kids in general stink!

I think many of us could relate this in some way to a similar incident we experienced. Coincidentally, I saw the equivalent of these boys from my high school recently, not surprisingly, he's the same thug he always was, but all grown up now. :crazy2: The great thing between then and now is we as a society no longer tolerate this sort of behavior. Our girls and boys benefit from our generation bringing it the forefront. :)

Glad to hear your DD's day went well :) heres hoping for a good out come on Friday. :grouphug:

Sending good wishes and PD :wizard: I also taught in a High School...it is truly amazing what kids get away with! Wishing all of you all the best. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter