just want to make sure Im doing this right waitlist

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
Im very close to getting BLT for a week I have 2 days on the waitlist and the rest I can piece together

I just want to make sure I do everything right so I dont lose any of our points

I would have to book 3 different days in order to get want I want

right now I have 4-1 and 4-3 on waitlist

I could book 3-30 and 3-31 and 4-2 and 4-4 and 4-5 in order to get all the days I need

so if the waitlist doesnt come through before the 31 day mark --as I understand it you have to cancel any days you dont want in order for the points to go back into your bank-- I dont want to run the risk of them going into holding since I know we would lose them--is this right

If you cancel 30 days or less then yes, the points go into holding. Holding does not mean losing the points. It does mean they can't be banked or borrowed and have to be used prior to the end of your UY at which point they would expire if not used. You also can only use them to book a stay within 60 days of the reservation. With flexibility it's usually very possible to use them.

However if you won't make the trip if you can't get the entire week at BLT then yes, if you cancel at least 31 days in advance the points will go back into your account as they were before. You would need to still be in your banking window to be able to bank them into the next UY - assuming that is your intention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter