Just upgraded to AKL - 1st time at a Deluxe!!

7beasley

DIS Veteran
I am so excited!!!

I was able to upgrade to the AKL from POFQ with an email code - the upgrade cost an extra $200 -- could have save $250 off my current reservation with the code by staying at POFQ but my husband and I have always wanted to stay at a deluxe and loved the AKL!!

So now we are staying there for 8 whole days -- we are so excited - I am ready to both burst and cry!!

Plus - if you read by early post regarding the trouble I was having with AAA and the code - that has been straightened out and I was able to apply the email code to my AAA package.

So - here is the whole package for 2 adults no kids:

*Air (roundtrip direct flight from Boston to MCO)
*8 days 7 nights at the AKL standard room
*8 day magic my way ticket
*park hopping option
*plus pass option
*my way dining plan
*rental car (mid-sized)

Grand total = $2700

A bargain if I do say so myself!!!!

~Nicole

Congratulations!

You'll love staying at AKL. I would love to go back there. Be sure to eat at Boma.

:sunny:

Wow! What a bargain!!!! If that is for a standard room, don't forget to ask for an ugrade when you check in. We got a deluxe pool view for $119.

AKL was also our first deluxe. Let me tell you-you will be spoiled, but not so much that you won't be able to go back to a value or mod....

don't miss- breakfast and dinner at Boma, Jiko (YUM), storytelling and other lodge activites. The pool is so much fun. I am not a big Pina colada person, but I do remember the Swahili colada at the pool was the best one I've ever had!

The smells and sounds are amazing. You will feel so relaxed when you return from the parks! The bus service is nice. I feel that a car works best for DTD (from any resort) because it just takes sooooo long!!!!! Have a wonderful time!!!!

we will be at the Polynesian in three weeks!!!!!

Susy - what do you think the chances are of getting an upgrade at checkin? Was the $119 price you got an email code - that is a good deal - our email code price was for a standard room.

I am hoping for a savanah upgrade but I will be happy no matter what - I am just happy to be at the AKL.

We eat at Jiko every trip and love it and have tried Boma once before- may go there again no that we are staying there.

How is Mara for breakfast?

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful stay at AKL.

Now you need to update your countdown timer to say AKL instead of POFQ!

We just got back 2 wks ago. We were given an upgrade at check-in. Didn't even have to ask. I read (?not sure of the accuracy) there are less than 150 std rooms, therefore, if they have open savannah they are pleased to upgrade. After all it practically gaurantees you will go back. We loved it. Everything and everyone, except the pool was wonderful. It was a very busy four days when we were there and they only have the one pool so I hate to bash it but it was too warm, cloudy, and just overcrowded, hard to watch my nephews, chairs were few and far between. Remember all you AKL lovers, that is my only complaint. I love the place. So don't yell at me :love: .

You are going to have a great time! DH and I loved the pool, the decor, the pool bar :teeth: . We booked savannah so didn't get an upgrade but the people checking in next to us were upgraded from standard to a deluxe pool view room - so I'd say your chances are pretty good.

Have a great time and enjoy every minute! AKL is my favorite Disney resort.

7beasley,

Congratulations on your wonderful trip. We are going in June and staying at WL. But I want to get over to Animal Kingdom and check it out for a possilbe future stay. Hope you have a wonderful stay. How are things in Worcester? That's where I am originally from. :flower:

Sounds like a really good deal and you will LOVE AKL. I think it is the most amazing resort in all of Disney World, in terms of atmosphere and value. You will fall in love with it!! Plan plenty of down time at the resort. It is truly gorgeous and there are many nooks and crannies to enjoy. :cloud9:
I highly recommend dinner at both Boma and Jiko :cloud9:
Have a wonderful trip :wave2:
I'm spending a week there in late July/early August. I CANNOT wait :earsgirl:

P.S. You need to update your Ticker ;)

Sounds great to me! You'll love the deluxe resort. Make sure you go to Boma's for dinner. The best!!!!!!! :mickeybar

I just changed our reservations today too! Had book through CRO with AAA discount. Now have same room price, but added dining. Got hopper option too! There will be 5 of us at the GF in Dec. Already got tkts for MVMCP too!

It is so nice that people on this board truly share in other people's happiness and joy! That is part of what makes the WDW experience so magical. I can't wait to go back! Thanks too for the reminders to update my countdown - I completley forgot about that!!

JASMINETIGGER -- small word that you are from Worcester too! When did you leave here - I have been here my whole life and love it. I was Class of 91 at Doherty HS - how about you? The city is going through lots of updates now - they are trying to reviatalize downtown (fix up the park behind city hall, redo Union Station, redo the outlet mall, built a new hospital, building a new courthouse...) there is lots going on.

~Nicole

You got a great deal and I would be happy to have a deluxe pool view room again like I just had. I really enjoyed the view over looking the pool because it was so beautiful. Enjoy your stay and congrats on your great vacation deal!

I am so happy for you! We are saving for our stay at AKL next year! I hope you let us all know how you liked it.....

Once again.....so happy for you and your family! Have a great great trip!

Congratulations. I hope you like AKL. My DH and I love it. We've stayed there twice so far and my DD2 and I are staying there again in two weeks' time for a quick visit to WDW. The rooms are lovely and their decor very soothing. Here's hoping you get upgraded to a savannah view room :wizard:

Nicole,
So are you saying that you had a code for a September stay?
Many thanks,
TapCat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter