Just the two of us! (Need I say anything more?) Our Fantasy & Dream trip~many photos

District Lounge

How about some Disney art?

Moving on to the Atrium
Dream’s gingerbread house

Chairs and Murals

Bon Voyage sitting area

Christmas decorations and trimming

Chandelier reflecting in piano…love this shot

We went outside on deck four where Dan took me on a tour. I didn’t realize you could go all around the deck and through a passageway that he accidentally found on the Fantasy. It was cool.
Disney Magic from deck 4

Now I happened to walk past these guys where another photographer was snapping their picture. It looked really neat so I took one too. Dan gave them a name which is quite true.
The original Golden Mickey’s

Magic’s reflection in Dream’s windows

Continued Next Post...

We saw this looking into the Carnivals window. I have no clue????

We went up to the top deck just in time to see the Carnival Ecstasy and the Carnival Sensation leave.
One

Then the other

We found a place to sit by Currents and ordered some drinks. The sun set rather quickly and soon we saw the Magic slowly leave port. I was really hoping for a horn battle but it never happened. Disappointing but I guess maybe not in port. We would be the last to leave but we would be fast asleep by the time the Dream departed.

Nassau at sunset

Goodbye Magic

Last few night shots

Continued Again Next Post...

Tonight dinner was at the Royal Palace and another night with our odd semi-tablemates but we decided to just make the best of it. Our servers took our orders and we enjoyed ourselves as if there was no else nearby.
Love these napkins

Warm Herb Brioche with an Olive Spread…forgot the olive spread

Double Crowned…Crown Royal, Chambord, Cointreau, Cranberry Juice, and Sour Mix and Impérial Illusion…Absolut Mandarin, Apple Pucker, Blue Curaçao liquor, Pineapple Juice

Escargots Gratinés…Herb-marinated Snails with Finely Chopped Mushrooms, topped with Garlic Butter and Breadstick

Breaded and Deep Fried Brie…with Orange and Cranberry Chutney

Onion Soup Gratinee...with Baguette and Gruyere Cheese

Lobster Macaroni…Elbow Pasta mixed with Lobster Meat, Tarragon, Gruyere and Cheddar Cheese Sauce, drizzled with White Truffle Oil

Chateaubriand-Roasted Filet Steak…Round Filet Steak, Crushed New Potatoes and Shallots, Buttered Green Beans, Red Wine Jus and a Béarnaise Sauce on the Side

Grand Marnier Soufflé…Infused with fresh Orange Zest and served with Crème Anglaise

We had our photo taken this night and after a very filling meal we headed to our cabin to find this guy waiting for us.
Towel and throw Bunny

My favorite pillow

Next…Our last full day on the Dream with a lot more photos… ;)

Sorry I have been away and haven't finished this TR. My dad passed away on the 29th of April and though I did post a few days later there has been many things to do to help my mom since then.

December 11th…Castaway Cay day and a disappointing cancellation…

I don’t know if it was the cool night air or getting caught in the rain but I had a very rough night. I was worried that I may have kept Dan up with my coughing but he seemed to sleep ok. My cough was also evident at dinner the previous night, also noticing that the youngest of the family next to us seemed out of sorts. More than usual. Lol! I knew that as the day progressed that I would feel better but when night time came it would get worse again. I worried about our Dinner plans tonight at Palo and reluctantly made the decision to call and cancel. I explained my situation and how I didn’t want to disturbed the other diners and just wanted to take it easy today. My request was granted with a cheery voice, telling me to feel better and just like that my dream of our first Palo dinner was over.:sad2:

Dan and I got dressed and headed down to the Enchanted Garden for another yummy breakfast buffet. We were led to our little booth and ordered coffee and oj before heading to the buffet. After a bit to eat I was feeling a little better we headed back to our cabin to plan the day. Of course sick or not I am always camera ready and grabbed a few shots along the way.
A typical breakfast

An empty booth

Artwork at the end of Animator’s Palate hallway

Christmas tree by AP

Carpet design just outside of the elevator on deck 10 Aft

Once in our cabin we decided that we would do a repeat of the Fantasy and stay onboard today. So we hopped into our swimsuits and headed for the adult pool. Now the last time on the Fantasy we enjoyed sometime in the pool, then relaxed on a lounge chair before hitting the hot tub. Well, for some reason Dan opted for the hot tub first, which was wonderful. Until….you hop out and get into the pool. Brrrrrrrr. I only got my feet in but my hubby was braver than me. His response. Let’s not do that again. Lol!

After a couple hours of relaxation and a nice drink we once again went back to our stateroom. I somehow remember the idea of ordering room service and sitting on our oversized balcony to enjoy it but somehow that never came to pass. Maybe because Dan was worried that I was sick. I’m just not sure. We did however get dressed and go up one flight to Cabanas for lunch but not until I got a few photos of the view of Castaway Cay from our balcony.
Castaway Cay…many zoomed

The lunch buffet did not disappoint and we managed to get a table outside, something the Fantasy does not offer. It was beautiful out, the sky was blue, the warm air chilled by a breeze.
Buffet choices

Cream of broccoli soup

Rum raisin ice cream and a yummy bread pudding

Chocolate chip cookie and Bread pudding

After lunch it was time for a photo walk and you know what that means? More pictures than a single post should hold.
Photos from Deck 5
Kids clubs floor

Continued next post...

Down to Deck 4

Vista Café and future cruise sales

Reflections in the piano from up above

I was just walking past the stairs when I looked down and saw this amazing photo opportunity. If the piano is uncovered make sure that you check this out. Just beautiful!
Deck 3…Atrium ground level

Continued next post...

More Piano

Where it’s coming from

Yes it’s true, the best way to get this shot is to lay down on the floor on your back and snap away. Dan stood watch so I wouldn’t get stepped on.
Admiral Donald

More shots of an empty ship

To be continued...

Just read this whole report from start to finish. Such wonderful pictures here...you really have a good, artistic eye!

So sorry about your father passing.

Just read this whole report from start to finish. Such wonderful pictures here...you really have a good, artistic eye!

So sorry about your father passing.
Thank you for reading...I try to get some good shots that are interesting. Looks like I need to finish this TR and get ready for the next PTR.:goodvibes Dad's in a better place now.:littleangel:

December 11th…continued
When I finished with my photo walk we headed back to our stateroom where I collected all of our FE goodies and laid them out on the bed for a nice group shot. After resting up for a bit we heard the engines and knew we were about to depart CC so we found a place by Currents, ordered a couple of drinks and watched as we pulled out of port.

Amazing sunset as we leave CC behind

Captains Mai Tai and Long Island Iced Tea

The Last Sunset

We stayed until dark, me getting my night time shots while Dan just chilled. We were about to leave to get ready for dinner when it happened. A young couple came up to the bar, the woman with a screaming child in her arms. There was blood everywhere and the bar tender ran for some towels and ice and told them to take her to the medical office on deck two. They seemed to argue the point but agreed leaving with their daughter now calm but obviously injured. Dan and I headed down the stairs and there was blood spattered on the bottom. It would seem that the little girl might have tripped and hit her mouth/face on the stairs. I went up to inform the bartender who blocked off the area waiting for a cleanup. The family simply went about their business which was indeed their business. I reminded Dan, kids do fall and get hurt. How many times did Heather take a tumble and drive her teeth into her lip? Hopefully all was ok but what a horrible way to end your vacation.
Night time shots of the Dream

I already had our backs packed and ready to go and as soon as we placed them outside our door they were gone. Since we weren’t dining at Palo, Dan’s suit was packed and it wasn’t until we were changing that I realized I packed his black pants leaving him with only his travel jeans. Oops! Thank god it was casual tonight but when we arrived there were many diners in jeans and even sweats. We made our orders and sat back realizing that our final night was here. Our vacation nearly over. Time to think about going home.

Continued next post...

We learned a thing or two from Kris and Larry on our Fantasy cruise and ordered some of our favorites on this last night.
Table setting

Herb Foccacia and ciabatta bread with rosemary virgin olive oil

Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes…pasta purse filled with truffle scented cheese and coated with a delicate champagne sauce

Escargots Gratinés…Herb-marinated Snails with Finely Chopped Mushrooms, topped with Garlic Butter and Breadstick (Not on our menu…Dan’s request)

Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup…with bacon bits and chives

Curly Endive Arugula and Watercress Salad…sliced chorizo, dried figs, herbed croutons and a cider dressing

Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes…for main entrée

Herb Crusted Veal Chop…Roast Veal Chop brushed with Dijon Mustard and crusted with Herb breadcrumbs served with sundried-tomato risotto and Borolo wine sauce

Grand Marnier Soufflé…Infused with fresh Orange Zest and served with Crème Anglaise (Dan and I both requested this especially since I was missing out on my Palo Chocolate Soufflé)

When dinner was at an end Dan gave out the gratuity envelopes and we said our goodbyes. We wouldn’t see our servers in the morning because we wanted to disembark as soon as we could. One last picture request and we were on our way.
Dan and I and our servers Arianta and Saladan

Dan and I walked around hand in hand just looking at the Dream for one last time. We found ourselves on deck 4 where I got a few interesting night shots. Since we were on the deck with all the lunges we decided to check out Pink and get a night cap before calling it a night. This lounge is quite pretty with all the pink, burgundy and gold tones and accents. We found a little table and checked out a menu. We each ordered a drink and were offered complimentary mini desserts but we declined being full from dinner. Like I said Pink is pretty but that was about it. The service was great but the drinks not that memorable. All I recall is mine was orange and Dan’s was blue and with tax and tip the two champagne cocktails racked up an amazing nearly $40 bill, the most expensive drinks on our vacation and that includes tastings.

A Stroll Along Deck 4

When we returned to our cabin we were greeted by our last towel creation. This hissy little fellow.

I would have loved to have taken a shot of all of our towel animals together but our stateroom hostess kept cannibalizing the old ones to make new. Oh well.

Finishing up on next post...

So by missing Palo was I any better off? I did feel better but not my best. My cough was very aggravating. I got a good night’s sleep and we got off the ship early and in record time.
The sign you don’t really want to be seeing.

We grabbed a snack at MCO and before we knew it we were on our way home. I will tell you that this cold or whatever it was, was persistent. I was sick right through Christmas and New Years and my cough didn’t really fade away until sometime in mid-January. When I get sick, I get sick. Lol!

Well there you have it. Another TR finished and I believe in record time…for me at least. I found a couple of pictures that didn’t make it so I’ll post now. Thanks for reading and sharing our journey.

My shopping spree. Yes only these, a few t-shirts and Vinylmation’s.

Our only two purchased photos on the Dream

Group shot on the Fantasy... can you spot us???

Took me a few days but I got through it all. What an amazing trip with lots of memories. I loved following along! The pictures were fantastic! I think my favorite part (besides all of the pictures) was seeing the Magic and the Dream in port together. That would have been so fun!

Fantastic trip reports. Thanks so much. Gorgeous photos!

The towel animals makes me wonder though do you leave a tip for mousekeeping each day like in the parks?

Sorry...I just noticed these posts.:rolleyes1
Took me a few days but I got through it all. What an amazing trip with lots of memories. I loved following along! The pictures were fantastic! I think my favorite part (besides all of the pictures) was seeing the Magic and the Dream in port together. That would have been so fun!
Thank you for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Seeing the Magic and Dream togther was quite a sight!:goodvibes
Awesome trip report!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your pictures!!
Thank you!
Love Love Love all the pics!!! Thank you for sharing!
:goodvibes
Fantastic trip reports. Thanks so much. Gorgeous photos!

The towel animals makes me wonder though do you leave a tip for mousekeeping each day like in the parks?
Thank you! Not at all as you tip at the end of your cruise.:goodvibes

I really enjoyed reading your trip report! It was a great opportunity to see what my family's Christmas cruise will be like this year. :)

My family and I will be sailing on our second cruise in August 2015, WE are very excited that we are silver castaway club members and would be receiving that pretty silver tote. However, in many peoples reports, such as yours, there are pictures of a back pack. Which one are you supposed to get?

I just read your whole trip report. What a wonderful way to spend your anniversary (and birthday). Thanks for sharing.

I really enjoyed reading your trip report! It was a great opportunity to see what my family's Christmas cruise will be like this year. :)
So glad you enjoyed it. You're going to love cruising at Christmas time. I just realized...we're on the same cruise. See ya there!:thumbsup2

My family and I will be sailing on our second cruise in August 2015, WE are very excited that we are silver castaway club members and would be receiving that pretty silver tote. However, in many peoples reports, such as yours, there are pictures of a back pack. Which one are you supposed to get?
I'm not really sure how this works. This was given to us on our 5th voyage and when I was walking around a woman looked at me and smiled and said "Welcome to Gold", Up until then we received 2 mini backpacks and two large regular backpacks. DCL changes their CC gifts all the time.:goodvibes
I just read your whole trip report. What a wonderful way to spend your anniversary (and birthday). Thanks for sharing.
It's so nice to know that people are still enjoying my TR. Thanks for reading!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter