Just switched FW to HIFS

OhMickey

DIS Veteran
Okay, tell me that I'm not crazy. I just made reservations for the Holiday Inn Family Suites. I saved over $800. I was waiting and waiting for AP rates but they never came... With just over a month to go, I wanted a sure thing.

I know we won't be able to take advantage of Surprise mornings or E-nights.:(

Will I miss the Disney atmosphere?? Will I be sorry I did this?

Hi,

You didn't say how old your kids are, but my girls loved HIFS last summer. They were 8 and 2 at the time.

My 8 year old especially loved the pool, evening entertainment, face painting, and having her own room!

You are just minutes from the parks and closer to some Disney parks than FW is!

You mentioned that you saved over $800, but with the free breakfast you probably saved much, much more!

It's a wonderful hotel, nicely themed, and you will definitely enjoy it :).

We will be there for the 2nd time next month, and can't wait!

:bounce:

Have a great trip!

Teresa

We've never stayed offsite, so I can't be of much help on the hotel you chose. From the previous post, it sounds very nice.

I understand wanting everything settled, but even though you have reservations at an offsite, if by some miracle discounts do come out, you can always switch again! Cancelling your reservations at FW didn't hurt your chances for securing a onsite resort with a discount!:D

Disney should be paying attention to what guests like you are doing when they delay putting out discount codes....:(

We stayed at the HIFS not long after it opened and my then 8yo son LOVED it! I enjoyed it also, having my own room and TV gave me wonderful quiet time.

The hotel offers lots of fun things for kids to do and you can have a ball just hanging around the hotel. The breakfast buffet is priceless and like taylor1293 said, it will save you LOTS.

Have a great time!

We stayed at FW a year ago and loved it, however of all the Disney resorts we've stayed at, I thought FW was the least themed. We enjoyed the peace and quiet, but I felt like I missed the Disney atmosphere.

Thought you might find that helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!