Just switched from CSR to Poly

PezDSpencer

ROCKY TOP
I'm sure there's probably a better use for $2k, but I can't help it. We've had a few meals there and really liked the place. Our princess: is 4yo this time around, so it'll be our last chance to do the World in September for a long while. Figured we might as well blow it out. :rotfl2:

Anywho, we'll be there from 9-21 through 10-1. :banana:

Can anyone advise a particular building, tips, etc.?

Actually, I'm just looking for a bit of BOO-YAAA for spending to much. :scared1:

Tell me we're gonna love the POLY! :laughing:

Trust me, you will LOVE the Poly. I've stayed at CSR, and while it is also beautiful, it doesn't compare to the Poly. We stayed in Tokelau; not too far to the GCH or the volcano pool. It was a close walk to the TTC to catch the direct Epcot monorail.

Check out tikiman's website dedicated to all things Poly. He has a lot of information, especially on the buildings' pros and cons. I pretty much decided on my building request just from his website.

So when it comes to the Poly...no BOO-YAAAAA from us.

I'm sure there's probably a better use for $2k, but I can't help it. We've had a few meals there and really liked the place. Our princess: is 4yo this time around, so it'll be our last chance to do the World in September for a long while. Figured we might as well blow it out. :rotfl2:

Anywho, we'll be there from 9-21 through 10-1. :banana:

Can anyone advise a particular building, tips, etc.?

Actually, I'm just looking for a bit of BOO-YAAA for spending to much. :scared1:

Tell me we're gonna love the POLY! :laughing:

Did you get a discount rate or are you doing free dining? When we stayed there we barely visited the parks. DD at the time was 11 and fell in love with the volcano pool. For one night watch from the swing on the beach. Its awesome.

That is funny, i can so relate, we also switched from CSR to concierge at the Poly for our Thanksgiving trip. :) We thought about the Grand, but in the end.. the Poly won.. I am so looking forward to it!! And i agree, check out Tikiman's website, it's awesome!!

I am jealous.
I hope to hit the lottery between now and our trip so I can do the same.
:-)
ENJOY!

We went to Disney for the first time last year and did what you did. I originally booked CSR then changed to the Poly. I made no requests other than a balcony and we ended up in the Fiji building cove side on the first floor. We only paid for Garden view so we were super surprised to find that our patio opened up onto the beach. It was so magical! That first night we walked right outside our room and watched the MK fireworks sitting on the beach. In my opinion, the Fiji building was a pretty good location. It was right next to the Grand Ceremonial building and not too far from the Volcano Pool. Several ducks would waddle past our door each morning and my daughter had the best time feeding them with leftover bread from our dinner the night before. You're going to love the Poly!

We love the Poly!! I usually request Samoa or Tokelau when we go. I've usually gotten my requests between the two of them. We'll be there 9/22 - 9/30...see ya at the volcano pool!!!

I've never been to the Poly, but I'll be there this July! I think you made a great choice. With a child of four, the monorail is really handy. Plus it is right next to the TTC.

~Simon :)

Can someone tell me what tikiman's website is. I would love, love, love to stay at the Poly next time. :love:

I just did the same, from CSR to Poly.:cool1:

This is my fourth resort change for this trip, but I think I am done now.

Ha! We did the same!:banana: We started by booking our free dining at POR, but then decided to really splurge. It'll be a dream come true, and I hope that it is worth every penny. I would never pay over $300 a night to stay anywhere but WDW! I think it will be super convenient for my two boys who will need to return to the resort in the afternoon for naps.
Here's to hoping that we both have a great time! :thumbsup2

Samoa Pool Side was perfect for our DD5 and DD3 last year. Short walk to the Grand Ceremonial House, short walk to the beach, they watched the actviity at the pool when we were not in it.

Highly recommend it !!!!

Enjoy every moment:goodvibes

OMG So psyched!! My MIL just told me at my dd's bustop, that she switched from Garden View Concierge to Lagoon View Conceirge! Still in the Hawaii building.. Can't wait to wake up to that castle every day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter