just switched CSR to AKL... leaving in 6 days! Advice?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by daniluvsdisney, Jun 8, 2004.

1. daniluvsdisney

daniluvsdisney Mouseketeer

Will be glad to have balcony... sad to give up CSR... hard to plan w/ extended family, but going w/ toddler and thought it would be nice to have more room and balcony... also handier food options....
    my brain is rattled... is this a good choice for summer short trip w/ small children? Hope to do the pool some afternoons...:sunny:

2. daniluvsdisney

never gone this time of year... unsure what to expect crowd wise and also any reccommendations re. how to make a short 4 note stay any more magic?

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  4. k&a&c'smom

k&a&c'smom DIS Veteran

I think AKL is a wonderful choice for the summer, as it has so many activities to do, it won't seem like you're missing anything when the parks get so crowded/hot during the day. And, my DD loves the pool, there's a great play area right next to it, and you can see the animals close by!

Be sure to try Boma and/or Jiko, these are wonderful restaurants! And, if possible, do the Storytelling at Arusha Rock, and the Cultural Safari in the evenings, both very entertaining!!

Have a wonderful trip, any room in your suitcase for a stow-away?!;) :wave:

5. daniluvsdisney

If I could I'd take everyone with me... thank you for the kind words of encouragement!:)

6. susy

susy Guest

Those are two of our favorite resorts!

There are so many things to love about AKL. The food court is right by the pool-perfect for eating lunch while swimming. They have tables with umbrellas right there. The pool is also zero entry-great for moms with little ones. The transportation is as easy as it gets-one bus stop-no sharing. Boma and Jiko are both wonderful. Don't forget to request turndown service. We stayed there two years ago Labor Day Weekend and the resort was full-well, it never felt full at all! We are going again this Labor Day Weekend.

7. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Have a great time!

8. tinkgrl

tinkgrl Love Johnny Depp & Captain Jack Sparrow! Love bein

Hi,

Have a good time!!!! Mom & I were there from 5/26 to 5/29. Had a lovely time. Be sure to post when you return!

Allison