Just stayed Hilton Bonnet creek tru LTM.com

funcinderella

DIS Veteran
Just back from 3 nights at Hilton Bonnet creek. We booked through lastminutetravel.com for 97 per night. We had a room on the 6th floor, no disney view,which was fine. Pool was nice, heated. No problems with reservation upon check-in (and we were late due to a delayed flight, 3 am!) Great place for the price. The location can't be beat, you are essentially right in the middle of Disney. You have to take Disney roads to get there, which to me means on site. (Just no on-site perks, which was fine by us.) We will keep our reservation for June! I took a picutre of the poolside menu, but can't figure out how to post it... :(

One other note, pool and hottubs close promptly at 10; they come around, so it's pretty strict on that.

Thanks for the review! We are going in September & can't wait!! Did you eat there at all? I would love to hear how the food is.

Thanks for the review! We are going in September & can't wait!! Did you eat there at all? I would love to hear how the food is.

Sorry, not in the restaurants. We did eat by the pool. A bit pricey...one burger/fries, one sandwich/chips and two sodas, with tip was $46! Good burger...but expensive.

HI~ I have stayed at Bonnet Creek 4 times in the past 3 years and love everything about it but the food. I think it's overpriced and just not that great. We wanted nachos one afternoon and ordered them from our room- when we went to pick them up they were in a cardboard container and just chips with that orange cheese like you'd get at a ball game.

We either ate off site or cooked in our room so it was not a big deal to me.

Other than that- great resort and the proximity to Disney is fantastic!

ETA: The food at the Hilton and Waldorf Astoria is excellent from what I've heard though we haven't tried it. I believe the Hilton has a kids eat free deal.

might seem a silly question, but are the rooms big enough? they only have 2 queens I think, still deciding between this and Wyndham bonnet creek

@marvel - The rooms are fairly big in my opinion. Our family of 4 stayed in the 2queen room and its pretty comfortable. Both kids were able to setup their toys on one side of the room to play.
I think Whyndham has a condo like configuration so the rooms are small compared to that.

Regarding the food, my family LOVES the breakfast buffet at the Harvest Bistro. It's a great deal too considering that kids eat free. When we stayed in May 2010 they had themed dinner buffet a few times a week. We stopped by on Italian night and the food was pretty good. The best part was the desserts. The room service was really good too. But yes, its a bit pricey.

Thnaks for posting! I will be there in May for 4 nights. I know at least 2 meals I will be eating at DTD (House of Blues and Earl of Sandwich). I'm hoping to have leftovers from HOB, and one day I will be at parks all day, so hopefully, I won't be eating too much at the hotel. I'll probably stick to Muse for sandwiches or salads (and maybe one of those yummy looking pastries :laughing:).

thanks for the info, I am finding it really hard to choose between the offsite options of Bonnett Creek both the hilton and wyndham versions, and also the sheraton vistana. they seem to be very similar, although the hilton appears more hotel like and is more expensive that the other two.

We just had our three night stay there through lmt.com, too! Were you there over the weekend? We were there Friday through Monday.

We also enjoyed the hotel. We had asked for the disney view upgrade when they sent us the e-mail (you'll get one from Hilton offering the possibility of upgrading to park view, a suite, to the Waldorf, etc) and we got one. We were on the 15th floor - room 1519 and my mom was 1515. We had a beautiful view of the pool, lake, golf course, HS and Epcot if we kind of pressed our faces against the window and looked to the right. :)

My kids loved the pool - the lazy river is so long. Both daughters had their hair wrapped down there, too. We did eat at the poolside restaurant - it was delicious! We started with nachos that were amazing, we almost got another order. I even asked what kind of cheese because I was afraid it wold be that gross orange cheese they use at Disney, but nope, it was a blend of 4 cheeses that the waiter listed but I forget. Then we all had something different I think - kids grilled cheese, kids chicken fingers, some kind of tuna flatbread that was the good, thin sliced raw kind of tuna. Everyone loved what they had.

We also ate at La Luce, the Italian restaurant - delicious!! Pretty expensive, but not outrageous. We were supposed to go to Portobellos that night, but one of my daughters got sick so we switched to eat int he hotel so one of us (DH!) could stay with her and the rest of us would still be close. DH got room service that night - he got a cornish game hen, but i forgot to ask him how it was. Kids just got chicken fingers. (I don't have very adventerous eaters)

There are two spots to get coffee, snacks, etc - one in the main lobby and one area in front of the Harvest resaurant. My kids got their desserts there and said they were great - rice krispy treats, oreo cake bar, cupcake, ice cream.

There was one bar that was always empty, then the lobby bar which was empty the first night but packed the second with a convention group. We let the kids get snacks and went and sat over there for a drink, it was nice.

Overall the place was great. However, if I had the choice between that and Wyndham I'd pick Wyndahm only because of the size - you can't beat having the space to spread out, the kids in their own room and the option to make your own dinner. We paid $97/night for Hilton (not including parking & taxes) and when we split Wyndham with another family it worked out to $86 per night per family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter