Just Started WW Again

I just started yesterday for the first time. I have been doing the C25K program (on week 8) and haven't managed to lose anything, so I figured that I would add this and see what happens! I am still a little freaked out by the point system, but I am assuming that eventually I will get the hang of it.

Good luck to you! I am sure that you can do it!

Thanks all - good to seee WW people here on a WDW board. Love WDW and WW. I am going to meetings - but also doing eTools. I also just recently got an iPhone so it is great to keep track of things.

Good luck to all.

Linda

Thanks for the welcome.

From one Disney bride to another - I went a bit crazy after coming home from the wedding after dieting for so long. Best luck to both of us and everyone else on this board.

Linda

Thanks for the welcome.

From one Disney bride to another - I went a bit crazy after coming home from the wedding after dieting for so long. Best luck to both of us and everyone else on this board.

Linda

That's exactly what did it! I call it the married 20! I wish I looked like I did on my wedding day! Atleast we have everyones support on here!

I started again on Wednesday. New attitude. Hopefully it will make all the difference.:goodvibes

Hey! How is everyone doing? I had my first weigh in today and I lost about three pounds. Not too bad! I was bummed that the three pounds brought me to a weight that lost me a daily food point! :eek:

I am still having a hard time adjusting to this point thing. I find myself obsessing over my food more than I ever did before and I find that very difficult to deal with. Does that make sense? I am tracking on-line, so I find myself trying different meals to see what is the least point option. It is okay for now, but I know that it is eventually going to get REALLY annoying after a while.

So how are all the other WW newbies doing? Anyone else having issues with the points?

Hey! How is everyone doing? I had my first weigh in today and I lost about three pounds. Not too bad! I was bummed that the three pounds brought me to a weight that lost me a daily food point! :eek:

I am still having a hard time adjusting to this point thing. I find myself obsessing over my food more than I ever did before and I find that very difficult to deal with. Does that make sense? I am tracking on-line, so I find myself trying different meals to see what is the least point option. It is okay for now, but I know that it is eventually going to get REALLY annoying after a while.

So how are all the other WW newbies doing? Anyone else having issues with the points?

I've been doing WW for 2 1/2 years...at first you do obsess over the points because your are learning something new, but after some time it will become second nature. You will be able to estimate pretty well how many points something is before long and it won't seem so consuming, lol!

Just wanted to lend some support. I used WW to lose 80 pounds and the pp was right it will become second nature in a couple weeks. You will know what the points to your usual foods are. Good luck and remember that you can and will make it work this time.:thumbsup2

My first weigh in was Wednesday. I lost 6.4 (I have over 100 to lose). I also went down a point this week. I am really trying to focus on the Good Health Guideines that we are supposed to follow. I am trying to get those in (or have them planned for later in the day) before I eat an empty snacky item (pretzels, baked lays, etc)

Good Health Guidelines
Eat at least five servings of vegetables and fruits each day.

Choose whole-grain foods, such as brown rice and oats, whenever possible.

Include two servings of milk products – low fat (1%) or fat-free – each day.

Have 2 teaspoons of healthy oils (olive oil, canola, sunflower, safflower or flaxseed) each day.

Ensure that you are getting enough protein by choosing at least a serving or two of lean meats, skinless poultry, fish, beans, soy products, and lentils.

Limit added sugar and alcohol.

Drink at least 6 8-ounce glasses of liquid a day. The best choice is water.

Take a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement each day.

Get in at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week.(Start with 10 minutes if you’re sedentary now).

Just wanted to let you all know that there is a WW Chat Thread on here, too . . . there are a bunch of us on it (and I think I saw mrzrich on there, too) and it really is a great group of people who are sharing their joys and struggles to get healthier by using WW. I find it really helps me to feel encouraged by being able to post my successes - and struggles - with others who are going through the same things!

For the pp who said the points are consuming - I have to agree! It was that way at first, but you really do get used to it. Now, I can pretty much look at the label on a food and can figure out the points value. Hang in there because the plan really does work. I've lost about 22 pounds so far and have about 68 more to go!

We can all do this - together!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter