Just saying hello

maccalovah

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself- I've been a lurker here for awhile, but only started posting today. I'm planning a WDW trip for May 10-18, 2006, and am very excited! I'm going with my boyfriend, who is NOT excited, but I'm hoping he will come around. This will be my 5th Disney trip, although it's been years since I've been. This will be my boyfriend's 2nd trip- his 1st trip being about 20 years ago!! He seems to think Disney is only for kids, but I'm hoping to prove him wrong. I decided this trip needed to happen because I'm graduating from Michigan State University this May, and what better way to celebrate, right?

I just wanted to say thanks for all the great information provided here. Without your help, I'm sure I wouldn't have thought to make ADRs (or where to make them, for that matter), or to rent a car (not big on waiting around for buses) and countless other things. I was also excited to hear such great things about the resort where we will be staying- POFQ (I used to live in New Orleans and miss it terribly- there was no question where we were staying :love: ). Anyways, I hope to get to know you all better in the coming months as I not-so-patiently wait for May to get here!

Sarah :wave2:

:wave: Welcome to the DIS

Sounds like you have a nice trip planned. I am sure your DBF will come around. It has changed alot in 20 years, not just for kids anymore. :banana:

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!!!

I bet he will love DW, especially going with you! Men seem to have to pretend to like it, but deep down they really do!

We are definitely planning on going to PI- I think he'll really like it (and I'm excited to check out the Adventurer's Club- never been to anything remotely like that)...He's also sort of excited about EPCOT- there's hope yet! :teeth:

Congrat's on your graduation! I hope your BF will come around. It only took my DH 5 years - lol!!! :cool1:

Hope that you have fun on your trip!! But wanted to let you know, I have read a rumor on another site (Mouseplanet?) that they may be closing several of the clubs, including Adventurer's, in early 2006. Something about replacing them with more restaurants. I have never been able to experience Adventurer's Club, and was looking forward to it myself next year. Make sure you have a Plan B, just in case!! Happy planning!! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter