Just saw POR royal rooms for 1st time -- Doesn't it seem more "deluxe"?

rutgers1

DIS Veteran
I have posted several times recently that I feel that Port Orleans Riverside is a Disney "deluxe" resort at "moderate" prices. I say this because of the overall feel I get when walking the grounds -- just seems a step above. Very beautiful, well-themed.

If someone asked me why it wasn't considered a deluxe resort, I would have said the rooms were not up to the same caliber. Yet then I finally got around to googling the royal rooms a few minutes ago. They look really, really cool. I am sure that my kids would prefer those rooms to just about anything at one of the deluxe resorts.

For those who have stayed in those rooms, as well as rooms at a deluxe resort, how do they compare?

It's mostly the size of the rooms and the outside entryway for the Mods. Also fewer TS options.

As far as the decor inside the RRs, I suppose it's a matter of personal taste. Some find it a little "over the top".

As for the differences between any mod and any deluxe, it's pretty straightforward. It's not just about the decor.

Deluxes have interior corridors. The rooms have more square footage. They may have balconeys. They all have at least one signature restaurant. They will have CL rooms. They will have suites. They have valet parking. They are in closer proximity to at least one of the parks. All of the usual amenities that go into any deluxe hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter