Just returned from Poly/GF

V a n e s s a

Mouseketeer
We have just returned from our WDW trip (Dec 2 - Dec 13); we stayed 4 nights at the Poly and 7 nights at the GF.

We had a wonderful time: the parks were not crowded, service was excellent, cast members were sooo nice with our daughters, food was good... Although the weather was unpredictable.

During our stay at the GF, we noticed a distinguished-looking lady who was sitting in the lobby, with her suitcase, which was covered in stuffed animals (this is what caught my eye at first), in the same chair, every single day, from early afternoon until night: I was wondering whether anyone else noticed this person, and knows what the story is? She did look sad, sitting there everyday on her own...

Hi V a n e s s a. Welcome back from the GF. We have been staying at the GF for the last 4 summers and have seen this lady every year. The first two years she was with her husband. She is known as the Teddy Bear Lady. She and her husband sat almost every night in the lobby and listened to the music. She lives nearby. The CMs know her and speak with her. Two years ago her husband passed away but she continued to go to the GF. She and her husband nevered bothered anyone. They loved to sit together and listend to the music.

Thanks for the reply, MommyGina; I must admit I was very curious, but didn't want to pry or draw anyone's attention to her at the GF.

I guess the lobby at the GF is a very pleasant and lively place to spend sone time...

Hi V a n e s s a. Welcome back from the GF. We have been staying at the GF for the last 4 summers and have seen this lady every year. The first two years she was with her husband. She is known as the Teddy Bear Lady. She and her husband sat almost every night in the lobby and listened to the music. She lives nearby. The CMs know her and speak with her. Two years ago her husband passed away but she continued to go to the GF. She and her husband nevered bothered anyone. They loved to sit together and listend to the music.

WOW that seems so sad..now that her husband has passed....:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter