Just returned from a successful trip, thanks for your help!

bakerjay

Mouseketeer
We got back on Wed from a 4 day stay in WDW. It was a great trip and I thank many of you for your help and guidance during my planning process!

We stayed at the Beach Club in a refurb room which was lovely but in what we called the Siberian wing. It was pretty much the furthest room you could get on our floor so trips to/from the lobby, pool, restaurants, etc were a pain but certainly nothing to ruin the trip.

We did all four parks in three days (arrived late Fri so kept Sat for recovery/relax by the pool day). It was HOT, capital H hot. My friend who lives in Orlando said that it was relatively unprecedented heat for June. However, the only real time we felt the extreme heat was when we accidentally decided to leave the park just as the parade ended and got stuck in a swarm of people and arrived at the buses drenched in sweat and sweated some more while we waited a good 20 min for a bus to come. Other than that though, Disney's many inside and shaded lines and well-timed fastpasses helped to keep us from standing in the heat for too long.

The longest standby lines we waited in were for Peter Pan, Test Track and RnR coaster, all gone to immediately at park opening and all at 30 min by the time we got in line. I guess we did not move fast enough but we were attempting not to be coated in sweat by the time we got in line. We had fastpasses for the other headliners and it worked out well. In general, I didn't hate the FP+ system as much as I thought I might but the two obvious drawbacks were definitely on my mind - back-up at rides that never used to have long standby lines because they now offer FP+ (ie Nemo) and the fact that the day had to be planned around hour-long time frames which had us on multiple occasions racing to get to a fastpass before it expired.

We had some bad weather our last night at MK, where we had hoped to gain a few more fastpasses to ride things again or that we didn't get to in the first visit and ended up getting on only Carousel of Progress (my daughter's fave ride), Stitch's Great Escape (what an awful, awful ride! Ugh) and Hall of Presidents, my daughter's new 2nd fave attraction.

We ate at Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time, it was wonderful! We also ate at La Hacienda San Angel for the first time and had very good meals after being quite skeptical of the somewhat unusual Mexican menu (unusual for us, anyway). We also went to the Italian restaurant on the Boardwalk that I cannot remember the name of and it was just meh. A couple of meals at Captain's Grille rounded out our TS restaurants, both of which were quite tasty.

In general, it was a great trip and I thank you all again for your advice throughout my planning process!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!