just read bad review of Coral Reef....is it still true?

Coral Reef is one of those places that gets the really harsh reviews, and really outstanding reviews. We first went in 2006 and have gone every year since. We've never experienced a bad time, service or foodwise. My own personal opinion on reivews is that it's all relative to what people's expectations are when going in. If they expect five star service and their waiter is having an off day, then it fails. If they go in expecting to have Disney Magic and have a great server, it makes it a five star experience. The atmosphere is beyond belief, the desserts are outstanding, and I can't do without my Blue-glowtini while I'm there! The steak is delicious and we all fully enjoy going there every year. Good luck and enjoy if you go! :)

I haven't read any of the responses, so I suspect I'll repeat.

I follow the "Any given Sunday" philosophy.

On any given visit to ANY establishment-- resort, restaurant, theme park, store or wahtever--someone is bound to experience the best or worst that that establishment has to offer. Someone will get the chef at his best, while someone, maybe someone at the next table, will experience his worst. Someone will get the waiter who just got dumped by his girlfriend, while someone will get the one who just got engaged. Someone will get the room overlooking the Castle, and someone will get the one overlooking the dumpster.

No one else's review is any indication of what your experience will be. While the review you read was valid, it was someone else's experience, not yours.

We love the Coral Reef and plan to return next month. We hope you'll enjoy it as much as we have.

We go every time we are in Disney. I absolutely love the catfish. It is still the best I have ever tried. The soups are also very good. My wife had a cold meal once, but that was the exception.

I used to dislike CR due to 2 very bad experiences we had there, regarding both the food and service. However, after a few years of not going there, we decided to give it another try. We were glad we did! Since then we have dined there two times, and each time was fantastic! The food was very good, and we had great service! I still think it is not worth it if you are not on the DDP though. Even though the food is good, I think it is way overpriced for what you get. However, if you are on the DDP, it is worth the value.

I have eaten there twice- once was during free dining, the other time was not. The quality was drastically different during free dining. What was a fine dining experience during a regular night became "crowded night at Chuck E Cheese's" during free dining- the place was SO loud, ADR wait time was long, the service was so slow, the table next to us didn't get their food because it was given to the wrong table who ATE IT (it wasn't the right meals!) and there was a line at the bathroom. So I think when you go could affect your enjoyment of Coral Reef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter