Just planned my boss's dlp itinery....

ely3857

<font color=ff3300>Would love to be a Librarian -
Well what can I say!?

My boss has only just told me he is taking his 6 year old son to dlp on Sunday. Staying at Santa fe until Wednesday.

I asked him what his plans were and guess what... He doesnt have any! I know dlp doesnt require planning on the same scale of a wdw trip but I could hardly believe my ears! :confused3. I then insisted on getting him a basic plan together so he could try and skip some of the bank holiday/half term queues. He gratfully accepted my offer and os bringing me back a gift!

Here it is, Please be gentle. I did it in an hour!

Arrive 08.30 at lastest for 09.00 opening on Monday at DisneyLand Paris.

Straight to FantasyLand

1 - Dumbo
2 - get FP for Peter Pan then ride It's a Small World
3 & 4 - Peter pan then Snow White depending on FP time slot
5 - Perhaps the Carrousel but only if no/small queue

FrontierLand

1 & 2 Get FP for BTM then ride Phantom Manor. Go back to BTM
3 - Food at Cowboy CookoUt BBQ
4 - Critters Corral/Legends of the Wild West/Pocahontas Indian Village

AdventureLand

1 - Pirates of the Caribbean
2 - Adventure Isle/Swiss family Robinson tree house

DiscoveryLand

1 - Honey I shrunk the Audience
2 - Autopia

Have advised to skip the railroad unless his son demands it. Long queue for a not so thrilling ride.

Any objections to the above?

:flower:

Jodie

Will he be able to get a Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast? To be recommended if he can :)

Looks good though! I also find it incomprehensible when people don't plan ;) but I know they are out there :teeth:

I also find it incomprehensible when people don't plan but I know they are out there

Hi there!!! :wave2: :teeth:

Good idea doing a plan for a busy day though - nice one Jodie. I just don't go on busy days!!!

Bexx said:
Hi there!!! :wave2: :teeth:

:rotfl: I feel I should clarify!! I don't plan to the extent of which rides in which order but I do like to have all meals etc booked well in advance ;)

He doesn't plan...he doesn't plan - 30 lashes :teeth:

I think you deserve something really nice. Hope boss appreciates your help.

Reid

I do like to have all meals etc booked well in advance

Nope - don't do that either. Not even at WDW!!! :rolleyes1 I'm sure you all consider me crazy, but we still have a great time!!

Bexx said:
Nope - don't do that either. Not even at WDW!!! :rolleyes1 I'm sure you all consider me crazy, but we still have a great time!!

I have to admit that DH & I didn't plan or book when we went to WDW either! We too had a great time. I can understand booking shows, or if there is a special restaurant you want to visit but for me, I like the freedom of not having to be at a certain place at a particular time. I like to fly by the seat of my pants & see where I end up! :teeth:
Having said all that.....
We have planned & booked some restaurants for our DLP trip (2 weeks to go woo-hoo! :cheer2: ) as I will need regular rest stops. Didn't have rheumatoid arthritis when we went to WDW or it wasn't diagnosed at least, though it may explain why I was so knackered on our 2nd trip. :rolleyes:

Hello ALL :wave2:

I am fully aware that some people are not planners and that is their choice.

I did my boss intinery for him because he has had a rough time, girlfriend went off with another fella leaving him homeless, Ex-girlfriend and mother of his son is expecting twins to her new fella and giving my boss grief about visiting so I just wanted him to get the best out of his weekend with his son.

I gave him the plan this morning and he was very very gratefull, so a good performance review for me then! ;)

:flower:

Jodie

You'll be getting a good payrise this year then Jodie? :teeth:

Your absolutely right. What is important is that one little 6 year old boy will have the best of time with his dad at Disney :)

Lovely that Disney brings out the best in us :sunny:

Reid

I am fully aware that some people are not planners and that is their choice.

Gosh Jodie - please understand I'm not knocking anybody who plans and I think that it was really kind of you to do a plan for your boss - hope it helped his holiday. :goodvibes Most of the people on this board are planners - it's probably how they found their way here in the first place!! It's just that after all the planning that seems to go into just getting my family to Disney, I don't seem to have the time or energy to think about what I'm going to do when I get there!!!

I love researching my holidays at WDW and DLP. I tend to buy at least one guide book and highlight the bits that really appeal to me. ie somewhere to get a nice coffee and pastry.The illuminations cruise at Epcot etc etc But normally no set plan

I did a lot of research and planning for our holiday in Disney last year ie booking our son into the Neverland Club, places to eat ect only to find that our plans changed... son didn't want to go to club that night - older son didn't want to go to Epcot for meal because he'd worked there all day ( understandable I guess ) Most of my forward planning went out of the window. It turned into a case of play it by ear

My BIL plans everything, even down to looking at the map of WDW and deciding he'll do all the red rides followed by the blue rides and so on with no deviation ,whatever occurs ! By the time we got to Sea World and "Escape to Atlantis" I felt like staying there myself or leaving him behind, its a wonder that the map at least didn't end up in the water ! NEVER AGAIN !

I am thinking about prebooking a table at DLH for a meal but I think thats about has far as my forward planning will go on this visit. I may live to regret not being organised though.

Planning is all part of the fun, getting excited while you learn ;-)

I hope he appreciates your effort, he should take you along in an official tour guide capacity!

the queues for the train are not so bad if you try from frontierland if he needs to do it.
nikki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter