Just planned a trip for this weekend! Recent travelers have feedback on room being ready?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We just threw together a 3 night trip this weekend. Poly lake view, Epcot Saturday, MK Sunday, Studios Monday. Just couldn't resist those wait times and fairly empty park photos. I'm seeing posted.
If you have been to WDW in the last couple of weeks, have your rooms been ready early? All we will have are 2 carry ons but our flight arrives at 1125 so we will not get there until about 1 and want to head right to Epcot.

Our arrival time was linked to our reservation through Magical Express, but our room was ready at about 11:30am - our flight arrived at 11 and we were able to be at Epcot by 12 (we stayed at the Boardwalk). We had a split stay and our room later in the trip wasn't ready until about 4 - but we did not put an arrival time down for our check in on that one.

Our arrival time was linked to our reservation through Magical Express, but our room was ready at about 11:30am - our flight arrived at 11 and we were able to be at Epcot by 12 (we stayed at the Boardwalk). We had a split stay and our room later in the trip wasn't ready until about 4 - but we did not put an arrival time down for our check in on that one.
Thanks! I wanted BW but we had to settle LOL. Still SO excited!!!

Our room at boardwalk villas was ready by 1030am on Sunday. That's probably the earliest we have had that happen.

Today we checked into BLT and our room was ready at 1230pm.

We were 4PM plus this week at Riviera. But....not completely declared, popular, etc.

Check for what you want the day or two before, or hey, right now. Inventory is changing fast, and you can change reservations without penalty right now.

I booked a family member who recently had Covid and was able to get exactly what I wanted. One of them I changed the day before the stay.

We were 4PM plus this week at Riviera. But....not completely declared, popular, etc.

We’re seriously considering a trip the 1st of September at Riveria. If you have a moment could you post food options (possibly menu or 2 :-))? Are the online menus still accurate? I don’t mind getting food to go since we have points we have to use and are planning to grab a 1 bedroom villa.

Thanks for your time!

I did 8 nights at the poly and 1 night at bay lake. My poly room was ready a little after 8 am... my bay lake room was ready at 6:35am this morning. I was shocked how early they were ready!

We’re seriously considering a trip the 1st of September at Riveria. If you have a moment could you post food options (possibly menu or 2 :-))? Are the online menus still accurate? I don’t mind getting food to go since we have points we have to use and are planning to grab a 1 bedroom villa.

Thanks for your time!
I believe the online menus are accurate. Most places give you a QR code to scan for the menu and it takes you to the Disney website menu. All the food venues are open at Riviera. We only went to Bar Riva - their chicken wings are fabulous -Marinated then grilled. We were at Toppolinos in July and the online matched the QR as well. We have not been to Primo Piatto but I have heard good things.

I believe the online menus are accurate. Most places give you a QR code to scan for the menu and it takes you to the Disney website menu. All the food venues are open at Riviera. We only went to Bar Riva - their chicken wings are fabulous -Marinated then grilled. We were at Toppolinos in July and the online matched the QR as well. We have not been to Primo Piatto but I have heard good things.

Thanks so much! :worship:

We booked this morning. I‘m did reserve an EPCOT day to nibble around the world. I’m thinking besides that we will just go day by day depending on the heat.

We’ve had 2 trips and 3 cruises cancelled with our 4th November cruise just moved to fall 2021.
I need me some Disney! Even if it’s just sitting in the bubble by the pool. :beach:

We just did two last minute trips (one to Poly and one to BLT, like... literally the night before ha!) and both times I got the room ready text by 10AM. Your odds are good of an early check in!

Thanks so much! :worship:

We booked this morning. I‘m did reserve an EPCOT day to nibble around the world. I’m thinking besides that we will just go day by day depending on the heat.

We’ve had 2 trips and 3 cruises cancelled with our 4th November cruise just moved to fall 2021.
I need me some Disney! Even if it’s just sitting in the bubble by the pool. :beach:
I hear ya! If you go to the feature pool, especially late am into early pm, the spots that face directly away from, or directly toward RVV maintain their shade fairly well. We enjoyed it a lot. As an aside I think their water slide is one of the best DVC pool slides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter