Just off the Wonder this week. All good, just a few hiccups.

Make a quick google search of "plastic straws and sea life" and I can tell you those animals would not say that the single straw that they ingested, and likely contributed to their death, or the single straw that was stuck in their body made only a "small impact" on them. You can also google "Plastic Island" and see that those little bits of plastic accumulates to make a massive impact on the ocean and sea life. Fighting plastic is a fight worth having. And perhaps paper straws aren't the answer either and we should all just drink from our cups and glasses....I think we'll manage and live.....the sea animals on the other hand.....
I’m glad that giving up plastic straws is making some people feel so much better about their impact on the ocean and sea life. Maybe some people can just drink from their cups and glasses and live ... but please try to understand that their are medical situations that make the use of straws essential for others. The use of a straw is not just an option for individuals with special needs.

I’m glad that giving up plastic straws is making some people feel so much better about their impact on the ocean and sea life. Maybe some people can just drink from their cups and glasses and live ... but please try to understand that their are medical situations that make the use of straws essential for others. The use of a straw is not just an option for individuals with special needs.

I live in a country that has banned plastic straws and other single-use plastics for a while now. I agree paper straws suck (well, not literally, because they become flat and useless in 2 seconds) but compostable straws made out of corn, straws made from the very renewable resource bamboo, or steel straws with silicon tips are all great alternatives. I will probably bring my favorite insulated cup with its steel/silicone straw for my cruise.

Yep. At the same time I understand pps scenario. If they go ahead and ban straws completely (and I think that is the end goal) then you have to have a contingency for those that need the straws.

My husband bought some of those fancy Last Straws so we're all set there, provided they get packed.

We board the Wonder in just 11 days, going from San Juan to Port Canaveral. Any general San Juan tips? We're not staying at a Disney-affiliated hotel.

We stayed in Old San Juan so that we could just walk everywhere. It was a simple walk to visit the forts. We enjoyed walking around and seeing everything and ate some wonderful food.

I don't think that anyone here is claiming higher moral ground for not using straws over those who have medical needs to drink from a straw. I think, in general, the number of people who require straws as a medical necessity would be a very small minority and, of course, should continue using straws. It is like the whole card in the room business to save electricity. The idea of needing the cards in those holders is to reduce the use of electricity when not needed. There is no implication that those who require electricity for medical support would need to conserve electricity by not using electricity for their devices (for example, those who need to charge their ventilators to breathe or need to use their Bi-pap machines). And those who turn off their lights and television regularly and with conscious effort are not walking around feeling superior to those who need electricity for other reasons.

This topic is not about judging one another but sharing information so that we can all make informed decisions.
The hope is that people will be more aware and conscious of our world, community, and earth to take better care of it. We only have one earth. There is no back up. And hopefully we can all make educated decisions so that we have a habitable planet now and will have one for future generations too.

We board the Wonder in just 11 days, going from San Juan to Port Canaveral. Any general San Juan tips? We're not staying at a Disney-affiliated hotel.

We are on the same cruise! 6 more days :)))

We are also staying in Old San Juan before the cruise - just for one night unfortunately, as we are limited with time.

If we were able to stay more days, I would consider Condado area too.

Maybe because I drink too fast or something, but my paper straws were just fine. I kind of liked the texture.
First straws didn’t last a minute each. Maybe Disney Wonder got a bad batch? Switched vendors?

Crewmembers on the ship have the ability to award an individual, or a family with a magical moment certificate. It can come from just about anyone for almost any reason. It's just a way for the crew members to recognize positive relationships that they have built with the guests.
Finally posted the photo sorry for the delay.

Why is drinking from a glass cringeworthy? Drinking from straws makes me bloated and I hate it.
I was trying to offer information regarding the Wonder and San Juan. I really don’t want to talk about straws but I feel that I’m expected to explain myself. I was baffled why the paper straws only allowed AIR and no liquids through a completely full glass. It happened with seven different straws over three separate occasions, before I bought an overpriced reindeer with a reusable straw on the ship. I don’t need a straw for water, 7-Up or milk. I never use the word cringe-worthy, but I know some people have strong feelings if someone else’s lip has been on the glass. But then I can’t understand how those people can use silverware. :confused3:confused3 I only ask that you stop at the 7-Eleven and get a small or medium size slush, and drink it without a lid and straw to understand the need. Complete the entire beverage with the blended ice, if possible have two during a meal.

I have all my navigators, list of current movies, maybe I know who’s on the ship that you’re looking for??? Anyone want to know about the horse swim adventure with walk up Dunns River Falls?
I’d be happy to talk about whether or not you would feel strong enough to attempt climbing up the falls.
I have an interesting fact about horse bowl movements when they get in the deeper water. Let’s just say you don’t want to be the last rider in a single-file-line the horse swim event. :rotfl2:

I rebooked for the exact same cruise next year.

Did you happen to see what the spa/fitness menu prices were? Specifically Boot Camp? I'm doing the Transformation Challenge at Orangetheory Fitness right now and would love to do Boot Camp on my cruise on the 17th so I don't lose too much ground - especially with our mid-challenge weigh-in/pics the weekend after I get back.

EEBA8258-3556-490B-AF7A-0255A4637E02.jpeg
Did you happen to see what the spa/fitness menu prices were? Specifically Boot Camp? I'm doing the Transformation Challenge at Orangetheory Fitness right now and would love to do Boot Camp on my cruise on the 17th so I don't lose too much ground - especially with our mid-challenge weigh-in/pics the weekend after I get back.

WHO WAS THE CRUISE DIRECTOR PLEASE?
Captain Daniele of Italy I believe and the Cruise Director was Natalie. If you get the chance to see Jo and Natalie interact together OMG. If Jo ever dares Natalie to do something turn your recorder on immediately! And promise me you’ll send me the footage! Jo has been on the Wonder for a while but this was the first time I ever spent any time at the trivia, games and adult clubs (Crown & Fin Pub and Azure lounge) she’s the perfect little bit of naughty!

That photo interests me. The website now says the fitness center is available for guests 14-17 with adult supervision. I wonder what the actual policy is.
I’m kind of never sure (any longer) if I can believe Disney in writing. We just got off the ship last Monday and had an unusual experience regarding a chocolate and liquor tasting. The paper navigator listed the event as an 18 and older, the app on our iPhones also listed it as 18 and over and then the app’s description said with parental consent. They went up to my daughter-19 and my friends son-18 carded them, and said they weren’t able to stay because they had to be 21. A lady next to us then showed the staff that wasn’t what the app stated. See in Wisconsin we can pass a drink to our own children, but the bartender must hand it to the parent first. They were very nice about it but we awkwardly grabbed our things and left a little embarrassed of course but no big deal. They later came to our dinner table and offered us a nice compensation.
I heard earlier that they do have special hours for teens. Parents that had athletes that were needing to work out to attain athletic scholarships and the like, needed to work out to maintain maximum fitness. So maybe they’ll let those hours flex into a “with adult supervision”.

That photo interests me. The website now says the fitness center is available for guests 14-17 with adult supervision. I wonder what the actual policy is.

I think it was reported a few weeks ago that it had changed - but that they were being strict about the "adult supervision" part so it wasn't like the adult could just go and hang out in the back of the room.

Or maybe that was happening and/or people complained and so it went back to regular.

As for the "but they have to work out because of reason x" - they should get their coach/trainer to give them a list of body weight exercises that they can do for the length of vacation in addition to running on the deck where that is allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter