Just off the Fantasy

sue

love my DVC
Just got home yesterday off the Fantasy Western Carribean, if anyone has questions??

Have they fixed everything that had been damaged by Sandy?

TIA

Have they fixed everything that had been damaged by Sandy?

TIA

The ONLY damage that was still noticeable on the entire ship was the two windows in Cabanas. Those were taped completely with a sheet of tape similar to that stuff you have on appliances when you get them new and you peel that film type stuff off. The windows were shattered like a windshield of a car, but still intact.

We spoke to a lot of cast member which all agreed, the waves were fierce that night and a lot of people were sick. Our head server and a few others said the waves were consistantly as high as the 4 deck with spray as high as the 11 deck. The servers were not allowed to carry trays and had to use carts to serve the meals.

The ship this past week looked AMAZING!!!

Castaway however had lots of damage to the foliage on the plants and trees. The buildings were completely fine, just the plants were affected. They said within a month or so, everything should look as if no hurricane came through.

We must have been on the same cruise, we just got off the ship yesterday.

I did notice that one of the plastic shields on the curved parts of the railing on deck 11 was missing. I found it nice to stand there and feel the breeze. I also saw the broken windows in Cabana's, and most of the plants on Castway Cay were brown.

Did you do any excursions? We are on the 11/24 Western, and are hoping that everything is up and running. What was the water temp like? I am hoping for lots of :beach: time!

We are also just off the Fantasy. I didnt notice any damage. Everything looked great. I will say I did notice a lot of noise when the sea's were a little choppy. The railing outside our veranda was making a lot of noise, and other little creaks here and there. Dont know if that was like that before. We really enjoyed our cruise and loved our room (7540).

We did notice a lot of the plants were dead on CC. Hope they perk up. The leaves were all brown on a lot of the plants and palm tree's. Weather was perfect tho. Water was chilly at CC! My daughter didnt seem to mind. I just got a little chair and sat with my legs in the water. DH would not go in!

All excursions seemed to be up fine. We did the Island and Turtle Farm on GC, Mayan Ruins on CM, and the kids dolphin at Cozumel. They were all great. Really enjoyed the Ruins, we had such a great tour guide, he was a older guy. The weather was really nice the whole trip. In mexico. as long as you were in shade, it was really nice.

You will have a great time!

We are also just off the Fantasy. I didnt notice any damage. Everything looked great. I will say I did notice a lot of noise when the sea's were a little choppy. The railing outside our veranda was making a lot of noise, and other little creaks here and there. Dont know if that was like that before. We really enjoyed our cruise and loved our room (7540).

The creaking noises are normal and actually good, If the ship is able to "settle" then it will put too much stress on the welded joints and snap… it seams weird to think about, but the ship "shifts" position, much like houses do, but on a constantly moving foundation… pirate:

i am getting some conflicting port times for grand cayman on my upcoming cruise...do you remember your port time or last tender time on the tender letter? thanks :)

i am getting some conflicting port times for grand cayman on my upcoming cruise...do you remember your port time or last tender time on the tender letter? thanks :)

Our last tender was 5:30. I replied to your other thread with some additional information about this.

i dont see a response from you on my other thread :( sorry...i'll keep looking

Ok, I KNOW I wrote a reply, but you are correct in it not being there. Maybe I previewed and didn't hit the "post" button. I am buried in post-vacation laundry and the associated frequent interruptions that it brings. I reposted for you.

we just got off too...only noticed the broken glass at Cabanas. Everything seemed fine but we did noticed some excursions at CC cancelled specifically b/c of the hurracaine. waters were quite choppy on a couple of nites and hubby had trouble adjusting to the rough waters....

Did you do any excursions? We are on the 11/24 Western, and are hoping that everything is up and running. What was the water temp like? I am hoping for lots of :beach: time!

We did the dolphin encounter on Cozumel. That was lots of fun :) Also did the stingray excursion on Castaway. The water temp at Castaway was a little chilly, but we still got in and it felt good after a minute or so. Lots of people were in the water. We had great weather with the exception of a downpour for about 5 minutes just as we docked and were able to get off the ship in Cozumel. Temps ranged from mid 70's to about 85. Sun was really intense!!

Do any of you have the Navigators?

We are leaving on Saturday on the same Itinerary and would love to see the most recent navigators.

Thanks,
jon

we just got off too...only noticed the broken glass at Cabanas. Everything seemed fine but we did noticed some excursions at CC cancelled specifically b/c of the hurracaine. waters were quite choppy on a couple of nites and hubby had trouble adjusting to the rough waters....

Hmm, I guess we didn't feel the waves were that bad. We have def had worse on other cruises. We turned on the tv and saw the waves were only 8 foot. We have sailed when the waves were 18 foot and never had any trouble.

What excursions were cancelled?

Do any of you have the Navigators?

We are leaving on Saturday on the same Itinerary and would love to see the most recent navigators.

Thanks,
jon

Not sure how to post the navigators, but I can answer questions about what's on them if you like.

The shows were... Aladdin, Wishes, Believe, Fantasy come true, Buckets and Boards, A unforgettable Journey and also showed Wreck it Ralph in the Walt Disney Theatre one evening instead of the Buena Vista Theatre.

They also had Comedy and Music of John Charles ( REALLY GREAT!!!), Comedy of Steve Carte, Comedy and Magic of Jason Bishop and a Guest DJ Streak.

The Pirate show was on Wed evening. Formal night was Sunday, semi formal was on Thursday night.

The movies being played onboard were Wreck it Ralph, Frankenweenie, Finding Nemo, Lincoln, Chimpanzee, People Like Us, The Advengers, Brave, and the Odd Life of Timothy Green.

Is there anything else you would like to know? :)

Not sure how to post the navigators, but I can answer questions about what's on them if you like.

The shows were... Aladdin, Wishes, Believe, Fantasy come true, Buckets and Boards, A unforgettable Journey and also showed Wreck it Ralph in the Walt Disney Theatre one evening instead of the Buena Vista Theatre.

They also had Comedy and Music of John Charles ( REALLY GREAT!!!), Comedy of Steve Carte, Comedy and Magic of Jason Bishop and a Guest DJ Streak.

The Pirate show was on Wed evening. Formal night was Sunday, semi formal was on Thursday night.

The movies being played onboard were Wreck it Ralph, Frankenweenie, Finding Nemo, Lincoln, Chimpanzee, People Like Us, The Advengers, Brave, and the Odd Life of Timothy Green.

Is there anything else you would like to know? :)

That pretty much covers it.

Thanks

No Christmas decorations were up, but I did notice they were starting to bring things out as we were disembarking on Saturday.

We (girls and I) had an early excursion booked with Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel that was cancelled due to the choppy water and downpour that happened that morning. We just stayed on the ship and watched movies and the girls swam as the weather improved. DH and DS went on their X-rail excursion to Jade Caverns as scheduled. Came back covered head to toe in mud.

Had they started decorating the boat or CC with Christmas decorations yet?

Funny you should ask this question. I have sailed the cruise line in mid November before and they had always started decorating the ships by the 12 of November. Just as we were getting off the ship on Saturday, I went to the restroom and on the way out, they had multiple carts in the atrium that were filled with Poinsetta's. They had just started placing them in the atrium of the ship! So, to answer your question.... YES the ship is now being decorated for the holidays and I spoke to the cast members on the ship earlier last week and they said the ship would have all decorations up by Thanksgiving day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter