Just made 2 late ressies...questions

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM

DIS Veteran
My Dad just told us to make a couple character meal ressies and he would pay as a gift to the kids! So, with only a few days left, I called tonight and got lunch at Crystal Palace(dinner was available as well) and dinner at Garden Grove(at the Swan).
There were no more character meals available, so that is why the CM talked me into the Garden Grove. My ds loves Pluto and Goofy and she said they would be there on this date. I know nothing about this place, so all opinions are welcome! We booked a "barbecue night" for dinner. Please tell me about it!! Oh, and she said I could get there by boat ride from DHS or by bridge in Epcot(please elaborate..lol) Thanks!!

Garden Grove is pretty nice (I've never eaten there, but I worked there a lot and had to look at the food). There's a giant tree in the center with tables around it on the top tier, and then half of the lower tier has seating - the other half is the buffet. I will say the desserts look amazing!

Because it's not considered a Disney restaurant by many people, it's always really slow. It was considered busy if there were more than 10 families there at a time. That means that you can get TONS of one on one time with characters. Encourage your kids to dance with them, that's a fun thing to do.

Pluto is out for 30, then Goofy comes out for 30, repeat, the other nights it's rafiki and timon. I assume the person taking the reservation knew it was a pluto/goofy night?

You can actually walk to it from Epcot - if you wanted - by exiting through the international gateway (between france and uk). Otherwise, you can board the boat by that same gateway and the DHS boat is at the front of the park.

Hi-
I have eaten at Garden Grove on the Swan, but last I knew they were only doing Character dining at breakfast. I would call the hotel directly and ask before you are disapointed. I have always had a good meal there. You can get there a few ways. The easiest is to go to the boardwalk as the Swan is right there. You can take a bus there from DTD. I don't know about a boat from DHS, I haven't heard of this, but you can walk from Epcot, but it is a good walk unless you are already in Epcot for the day since it is near the back of the park area where you would exit to go over there.

Well, after looking at allears, it looks like the CM was right. It does show Pluto and Goofy for dinner on Wednesdays!! Yay!

The boat does go from DHS to all the epcot resorts, then to epcot. Then on the way back, starts at epcot.. epcot resorts.. then dhs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter