Just Keep Swimming-March 31-April 7, 2013-Dining Review (updated 5/16)

I had no idea it served breakfast. I will try it one day though.

Yes, we discovered that last year sometime.

Oh I would have said something about the onion rings. They are so good there.

They really are. But by the time the food came, we decided not to bother. We figured it would take too long. Besides, we had plenty to eat.

Sorry your time there wasn’t as fun. Hopefully next it will be.

It was still good, though. We like it there and the kids eat well there, so it stays on the list.

Captain Cook’s looked good.

It is. That pork sandwich is FABULOUS !!

April 2, 2013

We were at Epoct on this day and the Kids wanted lunch at the Mexico quick service, La Cantina San Angel.

For lunch, the kids had nachos.

And Churros

Which they love. They really like eating here and DH and I do as well. The kids like their nachos with just cheese, DH and I like ours loaded up. It is a ton of food, so we often split some so we dont waste credits.

But on this day DH and I didn't eat with the kids, I wanted to enjoy the food that Epcot had to offer via the Flower and Garden booths they had set up for the festival.

Our first sampling was from the Florida Fresh booth.

DH and I shared the Shrimp and Grits

DSC06809_zps0b88e592.jpg

This was really good. It was served hot and had a lot of flavor. Also, it had a little kick to it. We really enjoyed this.

Later, we stopped by the Smokehouse booth in the America Pavilion.

We ordered the Brisket

This was really good. Some people have been complaining about this being too much fat, but ours wasnt fatty at all and the cornbread had a good kick to it. Very yummy.

We also ordered the Pulled Pork Slider

This was so yummy. I loved the combination of the pork and the slaw. The bread was good quality, nice and fresh and tasty. They had extra bbq sauce you could use to put it on your sandwich. We liked this better than the brisket, but the brisket was still very good. And for this being a snack credit, it was a good value because it was a full size sandwich.

We also had the Rocky Road Brownie Mousse.

If you love chocolate, this is the dessert for you. I was bummed I had to share this and though about going to get another one. Dang this thing was super good.

To drink, we got the beer sampler

DH had the dark ones and I had the light ones. I liked one more than the other, but I am not sure which one it was.

We enjoyed our food there very much and would go back later on in the week.

We moved on to explore some more and then I HAD to stop at the booth in France

Yall they had my favorite drink  Grey Goose Slushie  but this time is was in my favorite color  PINK

A PINK Grey Goose Slushie !!! I had to have one. I was chanting along the way to get it ..pink, pink, pink. DH was laughing at me. But you judge for yourself.

DSC06844_zps206ba82c.jpg

Isnt it BEAUTIFUL ?!! It tasted awesome too. I had to share it with DH and he had way too much of it. I should have just gotten two of them.

April 2, 2013

DSC06844_zps206ba82c.jpg

Isn’t it BEAUTIFUL ?!! It tasted awesome too. I had to share it with DH and he had way too much of it. I should have just gotten two of them.

It is beautiful indeed!! Those things are seriously addictive and they were serving pink ones? That just takes it to the next level of awesomeness! :thumbsup2

Just caught up with your reviews and am enjoying them immensely. Your meal at Prime Time looked really good, bummer about the rings though. :sad2: The shrimp and grits looked amazing as did your other selections at the F&G booths. I wonder if this is something they'll continue from now on?

Looking forward to the next installment! :goodvibes

It is beautiful indeed!! Those things are seriously addictive and they were serving pink ones? That just takes it to the next level of awesomeness! :thumbsup2

Just caught up with your reviews and am enjoying them immensely. Your meal at Prime Time looked really good, bummer about the rings though. :sad2: The shrimp and grits looked amazing as did your other selections at the F&G booths. I wonder if this is something they'll continue from now on?

Looking forward to the next installment! :goodvibes

I did taste awesome. Instead of the lemon flavor, it was made with cranberry, but it wasn't super tart. I loved it !!!

I hope they keep up the food booths. We haven't been able to get to Food and Wine the last several years because of the kids' school schedules, so it was really nice to partake of these at the Flower and Garden. We very much enjoyed them !!

(I'm two weeks behind, but) I'm in! :yay:

That PINK Grey Goose Slushie looks AWESOME!

I really need to try the churros at La Cantina sometime. :goodvibes

(I'm two weeks behind, but) I'm in! :yay:

:welcome: I am so glad you are following along !!

That PINK Grey Goose Slushie looks AWESOME!

It was !! I loved it !!

I really need to try the churros at La Cantina sometime. :goodvibes

The churros are OK. We enjoy them. But we really like the nachos. The kids prefer just cheese, but DH and I like them with everything !!

For dinner we had Liberty Tree Tavern.

Here they serve the Pilgrim’s Feast all you can eat.

Bill Of Fare

Declaration Salad - Tossed mixed greens with house-made dressing

Patriot's Platter - Roasted turkey breast, carved beef, and sliced pork, with mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, herb-bread stuffing and macaroni and cheese

Johnny Appleseed's Cake -Tavern made white cake filled with apples and Craisins dried cranberries, topped with ice cream

Rolls

These were OK. I remember them being bigger and more yeasty last time. I tried not to fill up on them.

Declaration salad.

Again. Your basic salad. Nothing special.

Patriot’s platter.

These were all good. Very filling.

Mac and cheese

The kids really loved this.

Squash and carrots

Mashed potatoes and gravy – green beans in the back

Veggies were OK.

DH got a birthday cupcake

Johnny Appleseed cake.

This was OK. The food here was pretty good, but not wonderful. It was loud and busy, but we expected that. The service was good and friendly. The kids ate well and that made us happy. I would go back for the kids, but I prefer the lunch here better. We left full and satisfied.

I agree with you on LTT. I much prefer their lunch. The only reason to do the dinner in the past was because of the great character interaction. Since that's gone, I stick with lunch!

I agree with you on LTT. I much prefer their lunch. The only reason to do the dinner in the past was because of the great character interaction. Since that's gone, I stick with lunch!

Yes, the lunch is much better. It is nice to have options on what to order and there's that ooey gooey toffee cake. That is worth it right there !!

April 3, 2013

We slept in today and we had an ADR for breakfast at the Wave. The kids didn’t want to go and no was mad about that !! So DH and I went alone and enjoyed the buffet there.

Our server was Ashley, I think and we just loved here. We got drinks – coffee for me and OJ for DH.

We looked over the menu and decided to get the buffet.

My first plate

DSC06903_zpscebe1b37.jpg

Sausage, Danish, biscuits and gravy, potatoes and eggs. All very good. The Danish was marked cherry flavored, but it wasn’t. I seemed more like strawberry. Anyway, it was good enough.

DH’s plate

DSC06904_zps52c805e0.jpg

Eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, sausage and bacon. Loved it.

DH’s second plate

Yogurt, berries, bacon and hard boiled egg.

My second plate

Mickey waffles, cheese Danish and a biscuit and gravy.

YUM !!

We enjoyed our breakfast very much and would go back for sure.

On the way back from our Wave breakfast, we picked up some quick service at Contempo Café for the kids.

It took us a few minutes to figure out the ordering routine, but we just asked someone instead of struggling with it and got it all figured out.

We got DD a cheese flatbread

DSC06916_zps4498c3bc.jpg

She really loved this. Said it was very good. She liked the crispy crust and enjoyed the stringy cheese.

We got her a birthday cake cupcake for dessert.

This had a Minnie ring on top that I had to squish down to put it in the box to carry back to the room. DD really liked this cupcake. It was huge and it had cream in the middle. I wish I had gotten a picture of the middle because it was a really neat cupcake. Anyway, she dubbed this the best cupcake ever.

DH got a burger

DSC06914_zpsdfafbc3b.jpg

Your basic burger. You know. He ate it all.

We also brought him back a sugar cookie.

He said this was a really good cookie and said he was going to go back to Contempo Café and get another one.

They really liked their food from here, so we were glad we brought it back for them.

I love the name for the first beer in the beer flight. Made me laugh out loud.
:rotfl2:
Everything looks so good.

And yes the PINK Grey Goose Slushie is beautiful. Looks really refreshing too.

I love the name for the first beer in the beer flight. Made me laugh out loud.
:rotfl2:
Everything looks so good.

And yes the PINK Grey Goose Slushie is beautiful. Looks really refreshing too.

I thought that was funny, too.

It really was refreshing. Just loverly ....

April 3, 2013

For dinner we went to the Plaza at Magic Kingdom.

There were lots of people trying to get a walk up table here and they had turned about 3 or 4 parties away when it was my turn at the podium. I smiled sweetly and said …… “I have a reservation !!” The girl smiled back and me and said, “and for that you will be rewarded.” And we were seated instantly.

We got to sit in the cupola section ad had a great view of the castle …… and the rain. But it was still fun to sit there and watch the crowds.

DS got another burger

DSC06992_zpsea6ee686.jpg

This was your regular burger. Better than the QS ones, though. The french fries on the other hand … were perfect. We all loved them !!

DD got chicken nuggets and french fries

DSC06991_zpsdbe63155.jpg

I don’t think these were on the menu, but we asked the waitress if she could get us some and it wasn’t a problem at all.

DH and I shared the meatloaf

DSC06993_zpse1544157.jpg

If I went again, I would order something besides the meatloaf. It was OK. But I wasn’t crazy about the gravy they had all over everything.

For dessert, DS got a sundae

DD got a kids sundae

This had cookies and cream ice cream and the waitress made sure they opened a new one and a fresh scoop was used so there wouldn’t be any cross contamination with peanuts. We really appreciated this effort. She really loved the chocolate ears.

DH and I shared the Brownie sundae

The ice cream was top notch and aside from the medicore meatloaf, we really loved our meal and would go back.

Don't know how I missed this :confused3

Still, I am here now. I sure hope they have that pink Grey Goose slushie next year at the Flower and Garden festival ::yes::

Loving your reviews so far and looking forward to reading more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter