Just how much DID DCL jack up prices in 2015?

If that were true, there wouldn't be *GT rates for Christmas week, even on the Fantasy. Heavy discounts only viable for those with the luxury of being able to travel last minute do not point to good business decisions.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

How did I miss this? GT rates for Christmas week.
That's totally Awesome!

I booked on the first cruise into 2015.. a 4-night Bahamas trip on the Dream

opening week (my price) was $4972.88 for a family of four in 4B
last month (current price) is $6640.88, or 33.5% increase so far

..and this cruise is still over a year away. Book early.

I've been on the Dream 4 times(4 night cruises) and the most I've paid for a 4 night cruise was 2500 for a family a four. All of our cruises we have been in Cat 5c or better. I can't wrap my brain around 6640 for a 4 night cruise.

2015Cruiser said:
I booked on the first cruise into 2015.. a 4-night Bahamas trip on the Dream

opening week (my price) was $4972.88 for a family of four in 4B
last month (current price) is $6640.88, or 33.5% increase so far

..and this cruise is still over a year away. Book early.

Wow! That's pricey! We did a 5 night double dip on the Dream last year for less than $3300 for a family of 4 in June. We had a western on the Fantasty booked for slightly less than 5K but had to move it to the Magic due to a scheduling conflict. We booked a 4 night on the Magic in a 5A for around $2600 and we booked a 5 night on the Wonder on opening day (2 connecting sph rooms) for less than 3k. Maybe we have just been lucky.

35% from Easter 2013 to Easter 2015. I didn't have opening day pricing for Easter 2013. I booked in late-February 2012 so about 4 months after the cruise was available for booking. I booked 1A1C in a 9C for $2800 + port fees. For Easter 2015 DCL wants $3800 + port fees for a 9C.

This time I was booking 1A 2C. Even in a Cat. 11 I was looking at $670 / night (with a 10% OBB discount). I couldn't justify it so we went with a 4-night on the Dream which sails Easter Monday. That was right around $570/night with an OBB discount.

The first time we sailed DCL (in '06) we used FL resident rates and got a Cat. 4 on the Magic for < $3500. The next time we sailed the Magic in late August (had amazing weather) for $4,200 for 4 in a Cat. 5 or 6. Last Easter I still felt was a great deal considering it was Spring Break. 2015's fares were high. I don't begrudge DCL at all since they report to Disney's share holders. I'm disappointed in the OBB change (I'm a single mom and I have neither the time more the money to cruise more often than every 2 years). This may be our last DCL cruise (although I hope not). RCI may be in our future.

I've been on the Dream 4 times(4 night cruises) and the most I've paid for a 4 night cruise was 2500 for a family a four. All of our cruises we have been in Cat 5c or better. I can't wrap my brain around 6640 for a 4 night cruise.

Can you tell me when you went? That price seems incredible! Hope to be so lucky, myself...

Can you tell me when you went? That price seems incredible! Hope to be so lucky, myself...

We have been twice in September, once in October and once in May. We have booked GT rates. Once we got a airline employee rated which was ridiculously cheap 65.00 per day, and this Sept we booked the special 7a GTY rate they were offering. We booked the GT rate for our upcoming Fantasy cruise. We are hoping to get a GT rate on a cruise next Fall. Discounts are there, but they do require some flexibility and patience to wait it out. I realize this does not work for everyone.

I booked on the first cruise into 2015.. a 4-night Bahamas trip on the Dream opening week (my price) was $4972.88 for a family of four in 4B last month (current price) is $6640.88, or 33.5% increase so far ..and this cruise is still over a year away. Book early.

Eeek. The most Ive paid for any DCL 4-nighter is 1.7k for a family of 4, category 5A.

So, even $4k seems excessive for January. I hope the don't go the same way Disney World park tix prices have gone that are crazy even with FLR discounts.

Eeek. The most Ive paid for any DCL 4-nighter is 1.7k for a family of 4, category 5A.

So, even $4k seems excessive for January. I hope the don't go the same way Disney World park tix prices have gone that are crazy even with FLR discounts.

I believe that's a NYE cruise and those are always expensive. Which is part of my point. Those cruises that are in high demand will always be way overpriced. What's more, due to the vast number of gold cc members the opening day prices climb quickly even in just a few hours making price comparisons difficult.

Things may change and fluctuate still. I am also aiming for October/November 2015 for a cruise. I figure I'll worry more about the final price closer to the time and when the time comes just book something and worry about it when the final payment is do. I think I am in the zen category it is what it is :)

what date are you sailing?

This is for the 12/29 sailing of the Dream

Yeah it is a bit pricey but my wife works in the school system so we can only vacation when school is out.. always the highest prices, plus New Years on the ship.. but that should be fun.

I agree that DCL has raised rates beyond what my family may be able to accept, but know that it is part of a trend. We just returned from a New Year vacation and the resort at which we stayed wanted twice what we paid--yes, actually double--for the same accommodations next year. Time will tell if they can sell out those dates or if that is an anomaly, but there you have it.

I agree that DCL has raised rates beyond what my family may be able to accept, but know that it is part of a trend. We just returned from a New Year vacation and the resort at which we stayed wanted twice what we paid--yes, actually double--for the same accommodations next year. Time will tell if they can sell out those dates or if that is an anomaly, but there you have it.

Actually it kind of goes in waves. I remember Disney doing the same price increases to WDW resorts and parks in the mid and late 90's then they had to pretty much freeze the prices for the next 10 years (with some crazy deals around '03-06 -- I remember $99 for 4 parks back then). Now it seems we're on one of those waves that Disney tries to jack prices up (of parks, hotels, cruises) until people start canceling or reservations slow down, so we'll see how much repeat customers are willing to pay for the same service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!