Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Glad to hear you were able to find a new job. Hopefully, that takes a little bit of stress out of your life. (While I'm sure creating some new stressors.)

I've never played mini golf at Disney before. We had such a fantastic place at my old home that I never thought to try Disney's version. It looks really fun, though, and I love how detailed the course is. I guess now that I don't live near one anymore I'll have to give Disney's a try next time I visit.

I'm coming out of lurkdom to thank you for taking the time to get me exactly what I wanted, I appreciate all the time you put into it! Also, congratulations on the job! That's awesome!

Terri

Thank you Terri for allowing me to help you book your stay! I'm excited for you!

Congratulations on the new Job!! Is it the same field of Law as your previous one?

Also congrats on the new Travel agency business! Your page looks good!

Cute pics of Mini Golf! I like that course, we have played there 3 times, 2 winter and 1 summer.

Yes, I am working in the same field of law.....divorce, custody, child support, etc.

I'm excited to help plan vacations for others!

Both courses are really fun and we'll definitely be going back in the future!

Congrats on the new job!

I have yet to do mini golf at disney. Hopefully I get to do it sometime soon.

Thank you!

I don't know why it took us so long to go to one of the Disney mini-golf courses. They are so much fun!

Congratulations of the new job Lisa! I can't wait to see some pics of the family together! I'm going to have to check out your Travel Agency page for sure.

Thank you! I am at a point now in my new job that I can take a breather and actually update my report.

Another here who's never played mini golf at WDW but I'm thinking we will have to give it a try this time! It looks super cute! I stink at it but always have some luck getting a hole in one on the last hole!

Getting that hole in one on the last hole is the only one that matters! :)

Yippee for the new job!!!!!! I knew you would get one ::yes:: Here's my gettin a job dance :dancer:

Oooh, I love that gettin a job dance!

That job sure was a quickly answered prayer! I'm sure they will love having you onboard.

It is an adjustment for sure but God does provide!

Such great news that you found a new job!

I'm always on the fence about putt putt on property, but after this report, I must say I'm definitely doing it next month!

Thanks! Mini putt at Disney is so much fun! You really should give it a try.

Hope all is going well for you as you get used to your new job and you start kicking off your business!

Although the Disney mini-golf courses look amazing, we have never tried them. But I love how clever the poems are and the hole with the castle with the moving door sounds super fun & challenging!

:thumbsup2

Thank you Dee!

The Disney mini-golf courses are fun and I love all of the extra Disney touches.

Thanks for all the golf pictures. They make me want to check out the course on our next visit.

You really should!

Hi Lisa! I'm joining in late but I've really enjoyed getting caught up. So much has happened since you started this report. I feel like I've lived a lifetime, so many ups and downs. I'm happy to hear that thinks are on the up now.

I'm also in Louisiana. We're in Baton Rouge so a little closer than you. We drive most trips too.

We've never done the mini-golf but after reading this I REALLY want to try it. Maybe someday. We just never seem to have enough time.

It is never ever too late to join! Oh I'm ready for my life to become slow and boring that's for sure.

Just caught up! You and your family are such a hoot and I just love reading your TR's! I'm so happy that both you and John found new jobs- well done! :cheer2: I hope you're doing well in the new office.

Yay for being caught up (that's something that I can seem to do nowadays). We are both adjusting to our new jobs and think that both are a good fit for us.

Lisa - I'm very late to the game but am happy to be reading your trip report! In the process of starting it now. I'm home from teaching for the summer and we just booked our trip for next June. We are staying at CBR for the first time and I knew that reading your most recent trip report would help build up my Disney excitement...not that I need help with that. :)

Never too late in the game when it comes to one of my reports. Yay for CBR! I love it there and hope that you will too!

Hi Lisa. Not sure if you remember me from TGM's site. I used to read your TRs over there and am so glad I discovered you here on the DIS. I always love your TRs. I've spent the last few days reading this report and then came upon your sad post this morning. I will add you and your family to my prayer list. The Lord provides! I always keep this one in my pocket, as well, when going through times of uncertainty: "Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and He will make your paths straight."

I'm going to check out your Etsy shop. :) Best of luck to you in everything! I'll continue to keep up with your thread(s). Now I am off to read a bit more this morning! Thank you for the entertainment!

Edited to add- Congrats on the job(s)!!! Just read the remaining pages and saw that you now have two jobs for the time being. I'm SOOOOO glad this is all working out. Can't wait for more updates.

Oh my word! HEY! Thank you so much for the prayers! That verse is one that is near and dear to me as well.

The new jobs came at just the right time for us! We were really starting to worry.

Glad to hear you were able to find a new job. Hopefully, that takes a little bit of stress out of your life. (While I'm sure creating some new stressors.)

I've never played mini golf at Disney before. We had such a fantastic place at my old home that I never thought to try Disney's version. It looks really fun, though, and I love how detailed the course is. I guess now that I don't live near one anymore I'll have to give Disney's a try next time I visit.

Hello there Mrs. I Now Live Across the World! The stress is starting to slowly go away but not fully yet.

It seems like it has been forever since I've been here with my Dis family and I don't like it one itty bitty bit. Things on the homestead are still rockin' and rollin'. Two jobs for me still and I'm worn out but, as I said before, at least I have a job which is more than I could saw about six weeks ago. It looks like this new job will allow me time to work on my trip reports AND continue to build my agency. God really is good! I'm working on the next update and hope to get at least one or two more posted this week.

A dinner worth roarin' about!

After playing a rousing game of mini-putt, I re-entered Blizzard Beach to get our things from the locker and returned the key. I was offered either a cinch bag or my deposit when I turned in the key and, this time, I took the bag even though I make and sell my own. We walked to the bus stop which was way down at the end and waited for our bus to take us back to the resort. It was hot, like sweatin' bullets hot. Believe me when I tell you that we were happy to see that air conditioned bus pull up. We hopped on and were back at the CBR in no time at all. We started taking turns hopping in the shower and getting ready for our evening at Disney Springs. I think that I'm remembering correctly that Lacey called to check in again. They were chomping at the bits to get on the road and on their way to "the world". She was also a little nervous about traveling in three different vehicles and maintaining their "convey". Jesse's parents are the stop and smell the roses kind of people and travel like there's no need to get to your destination at any certain time. And that's a perfectly fine way to think when you AREN'T going to Walt Disney World! Anyway, we chatted for a bit and that we'd talk again later that evening. It was time for us to hop on a bus to Disney Springs.

When I was making our dining reservations, T-Rex was on the list and I couldn't get a reservation via the WDW site so I ended up calling the restaurant directly and they had several reservations still open. So, just know that, if the Disney site doesn't show availability, you can call them directly and, 9 times out of 10, they have time slots open.

At the time of our visit, the Marketplace bus stop was the only stop open so we hoofed it over to T-Rex and got into the line to the right of the check-in desk. Checking in to T-Rex is confusing. There are three lines and it is hard to tell where you are supposed to stand. Thankfully, I was in the correct line and was checked in in no time. After about fifteen minutes, we heard our "expedition" called and we stood in yet another line. But almost as soon as we got in it, our name was called again and we were led to our table. I can't remember the name of the room but it was to the left and there were giant insects everywhere so I'm going to official name that room the "insect room". See the giant caterpillar on the tree?

IMG_0486.JPG

Looking a bit to the left of our table.

IMG_0487.JPG

Our waiter was there almost immediately after we were seated, took our drink orders and was back in no time at all. He was Johnny on the Spot even though his area was busy. It didn't take us long to decide what we wanted to order and while waiting on our entrees, I took more pictures.

IMG_0488.JPG

There's the giant caterpillar again:

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0490.JPG
IMG_0491.JPG

This mega big wasp was "flying" across the room:

IMG_0494.JPG

I have more pictures to share but my new office computer doesn't have a good program to resize pictures with so I'm going to have to settle for what will upload. John's entree selection was the:
Layers of the Earth Lasagna - Fresh pasta layered with tomato and meat sauce, Ricotta, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, baked to perfectionIMG_0495.JPG

**Continued in next post

A dinner worth roarin' about!

Hunter chose Fire-Roasted Rotisserie Chicken - Half of a chicken, slow-roasted and served with red skimmed mashed potatoes and your choice of a side. He doesn't like mashed potatoes so he opted for two orders of waffle fries. The coloring in the picture makes is look like the chicken is still pinkish/raw but it wasn't. It was done to perfection....nice and juicy.
IMG_0496.JPG

Every single time we go to T-Rex, I order the Supersaurus Sampler - For an appetite as big as T-REX! Chili Con Queso Dip with tortilla chips, Brachiosaurus Bruschetta, T-REXadillas and Onion Rings. It's a ton of food! As in, I think that the menu says enough for four people to dine on as appetizers. John always says that he will help me eat it all but he ends up being too full from his entree to help out in any meaningful way. (two pictures won't upload....a close up of the onion rings and rexadillas and the bruschetta) but you can see the bruschetta in the background in the picture below. Oh and you can see that I'm drinking tea. That would be sweet tea! Sweet tea is hard to find on Disney property but T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe both serve it. So, my Southern friends who drink nothing but sweet tea, take note.
IMG_0497.JPG

Y'all, everything was soooo good! We were enjoying the food and the conversation and then looked to our left and there was a man who was, literally, sucking the bones from his chicken. As in had a chicken drumstick coming out of his mouth and a wing in his hand. At first, I thought he was just joking around but no, uh-uh, he was loving his food. It was one of those things that you could get grossed out by but, being the weird people that we are,we just got tickled and couldn't stop laughing. Thank goodness there were roaring dinosaurs around or they would have heard us giggling. It was one of those moments that you couldn't control and we would giggle on and off throughout the meal.

We were using the Disney Dining Plan this trip and that meant each of us could order a dessert. After placing our dessert orders, I took a couple of pictures:

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

And then, yum yum, out came the desserts! John's dessert selection was the Sorbet Sampler - Mango and raspberry sorbet topped with raspberry sauce and mango puree and served with a chocolate covered wafer

IMG_0503.JPG

Hunter and I agreed to split the Meteor Donut Bites for Two - Warm chocolate and vanilla donut holes with powdered sugar. Served with caramel and chocolate sauces for dipping. You'll notice that these came out with a candle. Several of the wait staff came out singing happy birthday to Hunter and had him blow out the candle. You are never ever too old to have Happy birthday sung to you in a dinosaur themed restaurant.

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0504.JPG

The desserts were fantabulous! While not as good as the zeppoles served at Via Napoli, the donut bites run a close second. By the time that we were done, we were sooooo full! While waiting on the check, I wobble to the bathroom via the Ice Room:

IMG_0506.JPG

The waiter scanned our magic bands, we left the tip and we were off to explore the store.

**Continued in next post

I always enjoy your food posts so much. Unfortunately for me, it always seems to be around lunch or dinner time, so anything I'm preparing just pales in comparison. :sad2: Gotta work on my timing!
Love T Rex. Can't wait to hear more about your night. :listen:

T-REX is DH's favorite place to eat at Disney Springs. We couldn't get in last trip. I wish I had know about the tip to call directly. The other 2 times we ate there we had no choice but to call directly. I will use this advise next trip.

Your food looked delish.

We were very pleasantly surprised by T-Rex! I had the same chicken as Hunter and loved it as well. I'm not always a big fan of chicken but it was really great! I think we are going to try to visit on our upcoming trip!

T-Rex is always a family favorite for us - it's a must-do each trip. We've done Rainforest Cafe in the past, but have always been disappointed. I know it's the same food, pretty much, but it seems there is always something lacking at RFC.

We love the dinosaurs, the meteor shower, and my kids love the dig, geode breaking, panning, etc. It's fun.

Hi Lisa- I remember your old office had a ghost- perhaps he has followed you over to your new office....? Great memories from your old trip reports..☺️

I have a T-Rex booked for Oct. It is one of our favorite places on property. We always enjoy the food.

Hi Lisa! Had a lot to catch up on! I never get emails of updates of course! LOL! Congratulations on the new job!!! So happy for you! Can't wait for you to finish up this trip report and start on you next one!!!

Oooh y'all are probably hatin' on me because I haven't been back to post more updates. I have logged on several times and then gotten pulled away. I'm still working the two jobs, sewing, canning veggies from the garden, and still trying to pull in travel business. Oh and we found out that the state funded financial aid program that went caput is back up and running but just barely. No funds were distributed over the Summer but they are offering some awards for the Fall semester. And, we got the email on Monday that Hunter probably qualified but he had to enroll in college that same day. THE.SAME.DAY. He, along with hundreds of other students showed up on campus and waited and waited and waited. He finally finished up his paperwork and, yesterday, got the email that he did receive the funding. But, today, it's gone from his student page. This has been super stressful to say the least. Hopefully, fingers crossed, he may actually get the State financial aid and possibly Federal aid as well. Just have to make sure that we get all the paperwork turned in (that we have already turned in like 78 times).

Soooooooooooooo, I have an excuse, I really do. I'm hoping to get caught up and post another update soon.

Oh gosh, that's no fun!!! The stress of financial aide....UGH! Good luck. I hope this all works out.

Oh, and don't forget to breathe. :flower3:

Oooh y'all are probably hatin' on me because I haven't been back to post more updates. I have logged on several times and then gotten pulled away. I'm still working the two jobs, sewing, canning veggies from the garden, and still trying to pull in travel business. Oh and we found out that the state funded financial aid program that went caput is back up and running but just barely. No funds were distributed over the Summer but they are offering some awards for the Fall semester. And, we got the email on Monday that Hunter probably qualified but he had to enroll in college that same day. THE.SAME.DAY. He, along with hundreds of other students showed up on campus and waited and waited and waited. He finally finished up his paperwork and, yesterday, got the email that he did receive the funding. But, today, it's gone from his student page. This has been super stressful to say the least. Hopefully, fingers crossed, he may actually get the State financial aid and possibly Federal aid as well. Just have to make sure that we get all the paperwork turned in (that we have already turned in like 78 times).

Soooooooooooooo, I have an excuse, I really do. I'm hoping to get caught up and post another update soon.

Good luck to Hunter starting college! Don't worry Lisa we totally understand, sometimes life just gets crazy!

I was wondering why i haven't heard any updates on your report so i went searching.. Thought you were busy.. Then lo and behold i have not been getting updates.
So i re-subscribed to this thread.. HOPEFULLY i will start getting notifications.

have to go back and start reading!!! SORRY!

Good luck with the financial aid stuff! Where will he be going? I guess I need to be glad that my son is only getting federal aid (ok loans) for LSU. Stop and take a breath! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter