Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Yay for getting the new job! I know how stressful it is right now, but it will all even out. Just take some deep breaths and think "Mickey Mouse" when you feel ready to collapse! Job hunting can be so hard and stressful, but I am glad something came up quick for you!

Hey Lisa!

I think I'm hopelessly behind here, so I'm sorry I've missed so many chapters! I went back and caught up through Blizzard Beach.

But more importantly, I'm thrilled you and John found new jobs! Here's hoping they provide steady income and plenty of Disney trips in the future! I'm so sorry you were hit with the news of your old boss while on vacation...that must have been so hard to deal with. I hope the new future is bright.

Yay Lisa! :cheer2: So proud for you! God provides always. Sometimes in abundance. :hug: I Can't wait til our trip gets closer so I can get my tickets through you. I still have over a year to go unfortunately. :snail: But you know I'll be in touch for other trips!!

Fun update. Can't wait to hear more. :goodvibes

He snores louder than you do!

The Winter side was just as cute as the Summer side that we played the year before (and this past trip too). You can read about our previous visit to Winter Summerland here.

P5290487 (1024x768).jpg

P5290488 (1024x768).jpg

P5290489 (1024x768).jpg

P5290490 (1024x768).jpg

The "door" to the castle opens up, a gate is dropped and you have to try and putt your ball through the open door.

P5290491 (1024x768).jpg

You can tell by the way that this next picture is "washed out" looking just how bright the sun was that day. It was hot!

P5290492 (1024x768).jpg

I just love the signs at the beginning of each hole.

P5290493 (1024x768).jpg

P5290494 (1024x768).jpg

P5290495 (1024x768).jpg

Hunter was eyeballing the hole and planning his strategy.
P5290496 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

He snores louder than you do!

The last few holes were under cover and the respite from the Florida sunshine greatly appreciated.

P5290497 (1024x768).jpg

And the last hole is really cute. Once you hit your ball into the slot underneath the computer, a video of Santa starts playing.

P5290498 (1024x768).jpg

We thought about playing the other side of the course before heading back to the resort but it was hot and we had dinner reservations that evening. After going back and forth on "yeah" or "nah", we finally decided it would be best to just get our things from the locker, go back to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, rest and then get ready for our night at Disney Springs.

**Up Next: A dinner worth roarin' about!

Attachments

• P5290499 (1024x768).jpg
    P5290499 (1024x768).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 5
  • P5290500 (1024x768).jpg
    P5290500 (1024x768).jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 5
  • P5290501 (768x1024).jpg
    P5290501 (768x1024).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 5
Replies are coming, I promise. I went from having no job at all to having two jobs. Not only am I working to close down my boss's office, I am now working full-time for another attorney. It's going to be a stressful time but I am not going to complain as I prayed for a job, any job, and now I temporarily have two. Once my old job is done, I'll be working solely for the other attorney. In the meantime, I'm working early in the morning, on my lunch hour, after hours and on the weekends. In addition to all of that, I'm still getting my sewing projects done and getting my travel agency name out there. On that note, thank you so very much to a wonderful Dis friend, Terri, for booking your trip with me this weekend! It was worth staying up 'til almost midnight to get it done as you can now say that you are officially booked! For those of you who want to know more about my Etsy shop or the agency, you can find the links in my signature.

I'm going to try to get an update posted really quickly while I am waiting on some clients to get to the office. I'm not going to promise how long or detailed it will be but at least it's something.
I'm coming out of lurkdom to thank you for taking the time to get me exactly what I wanted, I appreciate all the time you put into it! Also, congratulations on the job! That's awesome!

Terri

Congratulations on the new Job!! Is it the same field of Law as your previous one?

Also congrats on the new Travel agency business! Your page looks good!

Cute pics of Mini Golf! I like that course, we have played there 3 times, 2 winter and 1 summer.

Congrats on the new job!

I have yet to do mini golf at disney. Hopefully I get to do it sometime soon.

Congratulations of the new job Lisa! I can't wait to see some pics of the family together! I'm going to have to check out your Travel Agency page for sure.

Another here who's never played mini golf at WDW but I'm thinking we will have to give it a try this time! It looks super cute! I stink at it but always have some luck getting a hole in one on the last hole!

That job sure was a quickly answered prayer! I'm sure they will love having you onboard.

Such great news that you found a new job!

I'm always on the fence about putt putt on property, but after this report, I must say I'm definitely doing it next month!

Hope all is going well for you as you get used to your new job and you start kicking off your business!

Although the Disney mini-golf courses look amazing, we have never tried them. But I love how clever the poems are and the hole with the castle with the moving door sounds super fun & challenging!

:thumbsup2

Hi Lisa! I'm joining in late but I've really enjoyed getting caught up. So much has happened since you started this report. I feel like I've lived a lifetime, so many ups and downs. I'm happy to hear that thinks are on the up now.

I'm also in Louisiana. We're in Baton Rouge so a little closer than you. We drive most trips too.

We've never done the mini-golf but after reading this I REALLY want to try it. Maybe someday. We just never seem to have enough time.

Just caught up! You and your family are such a hoot and I just love reading your TR's! I'm so happy that both you and John found new jobs- well done! :cheer2: I hope you're doing well in the new office.

Lisa - I'm very late to the game but am happy to be reading your trip report! In the process of starting it now. I'm home from teaching for the summer and we just booked our trip for next June. We are staying at CBR for the first time and I knew that reading your most recent trip report would help build up my Disney excitement...not that I need help with that. :)

Hi Lisa. Not sure if you remember me from TGM's site. I used to read your TRs over there and am so glad I discovered you here on the DIS. I always love your TRs. I've spent the last few days reading this report and then came upon your sad post this morning. I will add you and your family to my prayer list. The Lord provides! I always keep this one in my pocket, as well, when going through times of uncertainty: "Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and He will make your paths straight."

I'm going to check out your Etsy shop. :) Best of luck to you in everything! I'll continue to keep up with your thread(s). Now I am off to read a bit more this morning! Thank you for the entertainment!

So, update on things on the home front. John went to see his potential new boss this morning. He was hired! And the guy even told him that he'd pay him more per hour. Not much more but more than he was making and John didn't even have to ask for it. He was introduced to the other guys and their foreman and he said that they all seem like good people. The Lord really does provide!

Nothing new on my job search front. I'm kinda sorta sitting back a little bit to see how long it will take me to finish things up here. But, I can't wait too terribly long as I really need a job.

But, I'm thankful that at least one of us has a job at least.

Edited to add- Congrats on the job(s)!!! Just read the remaining pages and saw that you now have two jobs for the time being. I'm SOOOOO glad this is all working out. Can't wait for more updates.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter