Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Hi Lisa...I'm a long time lurker on your trip reports..they always give me a perfect Disney boost when I can't be there. I just wanted to say how very sorry I am for your loss. It's unbelievably sad to hear of your bosses passing. I'll be sending lots of good mojo your way for your job search.

So, update on things on the home front. John went to see his potential new boss this morning. He was hired! And the guy even told him that he'd pay him more per hour. Not much more but more than he was making and John didn't even have to ask for it. He was introduced to the other guys and their foreman and he said that they all seem like good people. The Lord really does provide!

Nothing new on my job search front. I'm kinda sorta sitting back a little bit to see how long it will take me to finish things up here. But, I can't wait too terribly long as I really need a job.

But, I'm thankful that at least one of us has a job at least.

So glad to hear this news about John!!! I am sure that is a relief to your family. I remain optimistic that you will find something decent when the time is right.

:grouphug:

I'm glad you all made it safely home, even though what you came home to wasn't very magical. (((Hugs))) to you and John (yay for him getting another job so quickly), and I am praying that God will open the door to your next great employer. Thanks again for recommending Caribbean Beach and Jamaica Village; we had a wonderful time there. I'm sorry we never got to officially meet, but it seems that when we were zigging, you were zagging, lol. Maybe next time!

Its so good to hear John got a new job:yay: I'm sure something will be right around the corner for you too once you are finished with everything at the office. I loved the updates. Hunter holding you is to cute!

Lisa......so sorry about your boss and all of the other turmoil your family has been going through. Yay for John getting a new job though :yay: That picture of Hunter with the Grumpy hat was too much! I've been sending prayers your way, too. I'm loving the updates. Take care.

I have been thinking of you all week. I am so glad John did get a new job and I know you are so fabulous at what you do and you will find something soon.

Great updates! I have never eaten at Sci Fi yet, but I have always wanted to...just never fits in my schedule. That dessert menu looks really good. Now I am drooling.

Thank you Jen! Sci-Fi isn't a must do for each trip but they do have good burgers.

Yay for a new job for John and the new adventure for you as a travel agent! I'm sorry for the passing of your friend / boss but I do know that the clients very much appreciate that they have not been forgotten. You've had tough days since coming out of the Disney bubble -- I wonder if this doesn't make all these stresses at once seem even worse. Would you qualify for unemployment until you can get another job? Praying for all things to work out best for you and your family. I've been wondering about Mama. How is she doing?

I'm working working working my behind off trying to get the travel agency up and running.

Mama is doing well. She, of course, misses talking to her sister several times a day. She has picked up the phone to call her only to realize that she's not there.

We've been talking so you already know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending big hugs your way, sweet friend. Praying for God's direction in your life. I know He will provide.

Loved the updates, as usual. Hunter holding you in those pics was so cute!

He will provide!

I'm trying to stay caught up, but failing behind miserably. Sooooo.....we both have high school graduates now! What a busy time that all was. And it's still busy as we have Victoria's grad party this Saturday. At least our pool is open and ready to use!

Thank God John got the new job. I was so worried when I read the post that he lost his other one. And you....oh my poor friend! Hang in there because with your talent and knowledge something will come along! Trust that it will all fall into place!

Honey I'm a faller behinder extraordinare so I understand!

I was so happy when they told John the job was his.

:hug: :guilty: Hang in there, love.

Thank you!

I am so sorry for you and all you are dealing with. You and your family will be in my prayers!!

Thank yo uso much!

Hi Lisa...I'm a long time lurker on your trip reports..they always give me a perfect Disney boost when I can't be there. I just wanted to say how very sorry I am for your loss. It's unbelievably sad to hear of your bosses passing. I'll be sending lots of good mojo your way for your job search.

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom, you should do it more often 'cause I like talkin' to new friends. Thanks for the mojo...I think that it worked!

I'm so happy to hear that John got a job! Continued prayers!!

Thanks for the prayers! I can still use 'em!

So glad to hear this news about John!!! I am sure that is a relief to your family. I remain optimistic that you will find something decent when the time is right.

:grouphug:

Yes Dee, it was a huge relief!

I'm glad you all made it safely home, even though what you came home to wasn't very magical. (((Hugs))) to you and John (yay for him getting another job so quickly), and I am praying that God will open the door to your next great employer. Thanks again for recommending Caribbean Beach and Jamaica Village; we had a wonderful time there. I'm sorry we never got to officially meet, but it seems that when we were zigging, you were zagging, lol. Maybe next time!

Our arrival back home was a huge bummer! I haven't even looked at any of my trip pictures. I'm so glad that you had a great time and loved the CBR. I wish that I were back there right now.

Its so good to hear John got a new job:yay: I'm sure something will be right around the corner for you too once you are finished with everything at the office. I loved the updates. Hunter holding you is to cute!

Something did come up and I'm happy about it.

Lisa......so sorry about your boss and all of the other turmoil your family has been going through. Yay for John getting a new job though :yay: That picture of Hunter with the Grumpy hat was too much! I've been sending prayers your way, too. I'm loving the updates. Take care.

Thank you!

Hunter and that Grumpy hat. Wasn't that the greatest!?!?

Can't wait to hear more...sounds like some good news for you on the home front...

I've been working on building my travel agency page on Facebook and had Lacey design a couple of logos for me. This is one of my favorites. I took this picture around midnight during our latest visit. We were just relaxing in the hammock at Disney's Caribbean Beach. There is no better place to unwind from a busy day than in a hammock.

on your merry way travel.jpg

Last edited:
I've been working on building my travel agency page on Facebook and had Lacey design a couple of logos for me. This is one of my favorites. I took this picture around midnight during our latest visit. We were just relaxing in the hammock at Disney's Caribbean Beach. There is no better place to unwind from a busy day than in a hammock.

View attachment 178486
Love this, Lisa!

How exciting:woohoo: Wishing you all the best with your new business and I hope you have a lot of fun with it!

Can anyone tell us where to find a hippo in a tutu?

After doing a little Grumpy hat shopping we made our way out of the park and to the transportation we needed to take to our next destination. Before we went anywhere, we had to stop and make a phone call to Mamaw to check in with her and see how things were at home.

P5280385 (768x1024).jpg

The view to the right.

P5280383 (1024x768).jpg

We all had our turn chatting with Mamaw and then we walked over to catch a boat.
P5280382 (768x1024).jpg

The boat ride to Swan and Dolphin didn't take long and it was much better than the walk that we took earlier in the day. We walked up the dock, turned to our right and started walking with a confident stride. You know that walk like "yeah, I know where I am going" but in your mind you are really saying "where the heck am I going?".

IMG_0461 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0462 (1024x768).jpg

P5280387 (768x1024).jpg

We were looking for Fantasia Gardens and we knew that we could always see it from the road when we were on the CBR bus. We kept walking towards the Dolphin. The fountain there is really big and there were a lot of people taking pictures in front of it and admiring the goldfish. Errr, I mean dolphins.

P5280388 (768x1024).jpg

P5280389 (768x1024).jpg

We decided to go inside and find someone who could give us directions. Problem was, there was no one to be found. Not a cast member in sight. So up the escalators we went in search of someone. I finally found a cast member behind a desk (not sure if it was concierge or what it was but she had a kind of snotty look on her face when I approached her) and she wasn't much help. She gave me some half hearted directions and even though she wasn't kind at all, I thanked her and we went back downstairs.

P5280390 (768x1024).jpg

P5280391 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Using the directions that the CM gave me, we walked around the building and came upon a sidewalk that went around and around and let to basically nowhere. Along the way, we ended up talking with another Guest who was there for a convention. She had no idea where she was going either so all of us kept walking until we made it back into one of the buildings. I found another CM who sent us in the right direction. Thank goodness!

At some point, I took pictures of the playground, the pool and the resort grounds but I can't find them so just know that I did. After another fifteen minutes of walking, we finally found this:

P5280393 (768x1024).jpg

P5280395 (768x1024).jpg

This would be our first time playing mini-putt at Fantasia Gardens. The cast members asked which course we wanted to play and we decided on the Gardens course since it was described as easier and more like a regular mini-putt. The other course was supposed to be harder. We gave them our name and went to find some seats to wait our turn. At Disney's mini-putts, they don't send all the players out at once. They allot a certain time in between so that everybody isn't all bunched up together on any given hole. I like this as we are usually a bit slower even with a party of three. But, we like to act silly and take pictures so we NEED a little extra time.

I'm going to apologize for the quality of the pictures. They aren't very good at all. But, they are pictures and I need pictures for a good trip report so here ya go.
P5280396 (768x1024).jpg

P5280397 (768x1024).jpg

These cute books were at the beginning of each hole.

P5280398 (1024x768).jpg

P5280399 (768x1024).jpg

P5280400 (768x1024).jpg

Hunter wasn't having much luck and threatened to pull a Happy Gilmore and toss his club.

P5280401 (768x1024).jpg

The mushrooms were adorable!

P5280402 (768x1024).jpg

At one point, the hole went into a cave. Notice the ShopMickeystoontown bag that I'm using? I love carrying my bags when in the parks. Makes it so much easier! I make these and sell them on my Etsy shop and I also make custom bags. My Etsy shop (and now "On Your Merry Way Travel") help fund our Disney trips.

P5280403 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

P5280405 (1024x768).jpg

As you can see, this hole was really uphill and you had to hit it pretty hard:

P5280406 (1024x768).jpg

P5280407 (1024x768).jpg

P5280408 (1024x768).jpg

Finally, there's the hippo in the tutu! Struttin' her stuff in all of her awesome glory!

P5280410 (1024x768).jpg

P5280411 (1024x768).jpg

P5280412 (1024x768).jpg

Perfect for families and beginner golfers, the Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course invites you to join the reverie as you aim through twirling obstacles, cross fanciful fountains and discover musical surprises. (Excerpt from the WDW site) I should have posted that earlier but just thought about it when I came to the hippo and the elephant. The two holes featured some of those surprises.

P5280413 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

And the brooksticks gave us quite the surprise when water squirted from their buckets!

P5280414 (1024x768).jpg

I've never proclaimed myself to be highly skilled when it comes to any type of sports. But, you'd think that playing mini-putt would be easy peasy. Well, not for me. See the fencing in this next picture? I hit my ball not one, not twice but three times and the darn thing popped up and hit the bottom of the fence. I'm not talking about the fencing way down the course. I'm talking about the fence right at the start. IT HIT THE FREAKIN' FENCE! What the hay?

P5280415 (1024x768).jpg

It was at that point that I didn't even try to hit it again. I just rolled it like a minature bowling ball. :P

We reached the end of the course and the wizardly looking guy made our ball swirl round and round and round and then disappear.

P5280416 (1024x768).jpg

P5280417 (1024x768).jpg

Even though my pictures are kinda blah, we did have a great time. Fantasia Gardens is a fun mini-putt to play. In our opinion, it's not as good as Winter Summerland but it was still fun.

Thankfully, John remembered how to get back to the boat dock and we waited and waited and waited. One other couple joined us and then we waited and waited some more. Finally, a boat came and the crew member asked where we were going. When we told him Hollywood Studios, he said that he would call for one and that it would be the last one that ran for the night. After another ten minutes or so, our chariot pulled up and we were back at Hollywood Studios and catching a bus to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort.

**Up Next: Brrrr....ing it on!

Brrrr....ing it on!

We were on day 7 of our trip and we were putting our water park & more option to more good use today. We were going to another water park....Blizzard Beach....

P5290419 (1024x768).jpg

You can tell from this next picture that we weren't the only ones that were ready to hit the slopes!

P5290418 (1024x768).jpg

On this day, the park was open

P5290420 (1024x768).jpg

Our first order of business was to rent a locker so we stopped in the first building on the left to get that taken care of.

P5290421 (1024x768).jpg

Locker rented, we walked further into the park and through the sprays of water. Hunter and I had on flip flops but John had on some cloth loafer type shoes and they got wet. Not super wet but still wet. If you have on tennis shoes or other kinds of shoes, keep this in mind.

P5290422 (1024x768).jpg

P5290423 (768x1024).jpg

Just like at Typhoon Lagoon, there are walls and walls of lockers at Blizzard Beach. We had rented a large locker and I was able to fit our large bag in the locker and still had some room.

P5290424 (768x1024).jpg

P5290425 (768x1024).jpg

The keys are on an elastic band which can fit around your wrist. Or, if you are like me, you just toss it into the bottom of your bag (that you are taking into the park). It was time to scope out a good place to settle in for the day.

P5290426 (768x1024).jpg

For some reason, we wandered and wandered and couldn't really find the right spot. We ended up "settling" on a decent place and off we went to do some more exploring.

**Continued in next post

Brrrr....ing it on!

My pictures from this day are slacking. Really slacking compared to on our trip to Typhoon Lagoon. Why? Well, I kept trying to figure out how to use the movie/video mode on my camera but couldn't figure it out. So, I was snapping picture after picture (or at least I thought that I was) and later realized that it was actually set on video mode. I thought that I was snapping pictures but I was actually just turning the video mode on and off, on and off. Didn't even capture a single gosh darn video longer than a half second either.

Just like at Typhoon Lagoon, we were able to do the slides and raft rides over and over and over again with little to no wait. Arriving at park opening certainly has its perks! John likes Blizzard Beach more than he does Typhoon Lagoon and while he has never said why, I believe that it is because he can do things with other instead of having to go down a slide alone. He absolutely loves the Toboggan Racers and could do those all day long. After doing the racers probably five, maybe six times, I told the guys that I was going to go on a walk and take some pictures while they stayed on the mountain longer. It was at this point that I realized my mistake on the camera settings.

P5290428 (1024x768).jpg

P5290427 (1024x768).jpg

The kids' play area:

P5290429 (768x1024).jpg

The wave pool:

P5290432 (1024x768).jpg

P5290430 (1024x768).jpg

P5290433 (768x1024).jpg

P5290435 (768x1024).jpg

P5290431 (1024x768).jpg

You could rent the private cabanas/polar patios for the day and they looked nice but they are a bit on the pricey side.

P5290437 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter