Just have to tell you...

morgansmom2000

DIS Veteran
I made those Chocolate Pumpkin "muffins" on Thursday. I'm not a religious person, but I swear I saw the sweet baby Jesus when I tried them. Holy moly, they are the best EVER. However, they are not muffins, they are little mini cakes in muffin cups :lmao:

DH loves them, PrincessM is WILD about them. I'm definitely going to be making more! Thanks for the recipe!

Jennifer, I must have missed that recipe, and it sounds wonderful - can you share it please? Thanks. Caroline

Hey - glad you guys love them SO much - aren't they delish?

I'll have to poke through my recent posts to find the daily grind thread I used to post the recipe - I can't remember which day that was. (The way my head and neck have been feeling for the past few days after the car crash, sometimes I can't remember WHO I AM! Just kidding...but barely. :sick:)

I'll try to find it and repost for you, Caroline.

Pam

FROM THE DAILY GRIND THREAD FROM 9/21/09:

Calanniebu said it was a WeightWatchers recipe - I made a couple of tinkerings with it - so easy and the kids have NO idea these are healthy-ish.

1 15oz. can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 box of chocolate cake mix (anything - choc fudge, devils food, etc.)
1 egg
Handful of chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together - batter will be VERY stiff - I use my KitchenAid mixer. In our house, this makes exactly 12 very large muffins. (So, they're probably kinda more than the 2 points suggested by WW )

Bake at 350 for 20 min. That's it!

They taste really good and chocolatey - the kids scarf them down. Sorry, morgansmom - they don't taste pumpkiny at all. (I make double batches in the hope *some* end up in the freezer for school day breakfasts - but they don't last that long around here!) And they're nice to share with friends. I think TinkerBean is enjoying one of hers today - is it good?Glad you like the recipe/muffins!

Apparently, it is an "oldie but goodie" I had never heard of, until Calanniebu generously brought a batch of these to a summer crop and I ate an embarrassing number of them (as did Z2H)!!! If anyone else tinkers with the recipe and finds even more yummy flavor - be sure to let us all know...

OMG i have got to have one of those right NOW!!!!

i have got to get out of this house today! so i'll try to pick up the stuff i need to make these.

did you have to tease me like this Jennifer?????
;)

I have one left, come on over!

(I did pick up everything to make another batch, maybe I'll bring them to the crop on Saturday ;) ).

That sound FABULOUS! And super easy...I'll have to go shopping.

:-) yup that's the recipe. A box of chocolate cake mix and a can of pumpkin. I don't doctor it but I'm sure it's good doctored as well. :D

(I did pick up everything to make another batch, maybe I'll bring them to the crop on Saturday ;) ).

Jennifer, you make those and I'll make the pumpkin spice ones. We can all do a taste test. :goodvibes

Thanks for the review! I calculated the points, and 12 muffins is 4 points each...

I haven't made them yet...need the choc cake mix...

Jennifer, you make those and I'll make the pumpkin spice ones. We can all do a taste test. :goodvibes

Sounds like a plan!

I expect to see a huge tray of these at the crop this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge tray? I don't know about a huge tray. How about 12 good sized muffins or 24 smaller ones? Oooh, I could do some bite-sized ones. I'll probably do some with and some without the chocolate chips.

Jennifer, remind me to bring your pages!!!!!

You bet I will! This is your first reminder ;)

that sounds like a good idea! what can i make........you want somethin' to pick at? or what?

buffy- can i bring the minnie costume instead of mailing it? i was going to get it ready to mail tonight.

lisa-what can i bring for you??

that sounds like a good idea! what can i make........you want somethin' to pick at? or what?

buffy- can i bring the minnie costume instead of mailing it? i was going to get it ready to mail tonight.

Honey, you can bring anything, I like it all. I am stopping at Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice latte (venti!) for the day.

Huge tray? I don't know about a huge tray. How about 12 good sized muffins or 24 smaller ones? Oooh, I could do some bite-sized ones. I'll probably do some with and some without the chocolate chips.

which ever is easier for you!

that would be perfect!

Just your sweet smiling face!!!!

Honey, you can bring anything, I like it all. I am stopping at Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice latte (venti!) for the day.
SWEET!!! I don't particularly care for the Pumpkin Spice myself but a grande Non Fat Caramel Macchiato would be awesome!! There is a Starbucks right down the road in the shopping center with Michael's and the Big Joann's.

Ok - i am bringing my camera - need to get some shots of these muffins before they are devoured.
LindaBabe and I will be there - we're looking forward to seeing all of you! :yay:
Lisa- i'll bring some food along too. Caroline

What do I bring????

Lisa, did you remember to get more utensils? I know we were running low in August.

Guess I need to download and print my 365 pics!!!

I am going to do smaller ones. I thought the bite size would be the right size.

Definitely your smiling face, and a hug.:hug:

What do I bring????

Lisa, did you remember to get more utensils? I know we were running low in August.

Guess I need to download and print my 365 pics!!!

Good to know you are coming. Thanks for the reminder of the utensils. I'll pick some up tomorrow after DD's dr. appt.

lisa- do you do the lunch? 'cause i'll make asian chicken salad if you want?
since you and jennifer are making goodies!!!
is there a fridge?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter