Just got lucky w/New Year's ressie!

Buzz's Buddy

DIS Veteran
Just before 5:30 I called MS and was able to make a reservation for 6 nts in a studio at VWL beginning Dec. 30th.:bounce:

To make a long story short, I had talked to MS about 10 minutes before. We will actually be in WDW from 12/28 to 1/5, but none of the scenarios I requested were available. Then she told me about the availability at VWL for 6 of the 8 nights I was requesting. I quickly called my wife at work to check with her and called back MS. I gave the dates to the gentleman who took my call and he told me that he knew that New Year's Eve was completely booked, but he would check the other dates for me. I said something to the effect of "really, I just checked and it was available, I guess I should have made the ressie before". He said "just now? Well let me check..."

Turns out, there was availability, so VWL, here we come! He told me he felt bad because he just told another member that New Year's Eve was completely sold-out.

This will be our first stay at VWL and can't wait. I understand the Christmas decorations are beautiful.

On Monday, my wife will call back to get on the wait list for Dec 28 & 29th. In the meantime, we have a ressie at Pop Century for those 2 days in case the waitlist doesn't come through.

You should probably head out and pick up a lottery ticket tonight. ;) New Year's Eve itself is the day that is hardest to get....I bet your other nights will come through before December rolls around.

Buzz's Buddy, I hope that you and your family enjoy our 'beloved Wilderness Lodge' as much as my husband and I and a few ;) others on this board.

It really is a very special time to go.::yes::

This year NYE falls on a Friday so points are much higher. New Year's Day is Saturday, so again higher points.

Next year NYE falls on Saturday so a similar situation.

Dec 2006 NYE falls on Sunday and points are lower, both for that night and NYD, Jan 1st.

We've done 5 NYE's at WDW so far, but not doing it again until 2006. The difference in points (5-days) between 2004 and 2006 is enough for 4 more additional days at OKW in a 1-B/R during Adventure season. I know others who are avoiding NYE this year for the same reason. So if you plan on doing NYE's in the future, be aware that demand for the 2006 NYE dates will be much higher.

Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter