Just got into my first House Party!

When someone is listed as having no guests that doesn't always mean they are not inviting people. I never invite through the site, but I've had several parties. Only one didn't happen. I kept trying, but it just kept falling apart. I ended up giving the stuff away to my daughter's preschool class. What would I do with 10-15 identical (and very bad btw) cds? :rotfl2: Now I desperatly wanted to eat all the Hershey Bliss myself, but my dh forced me to actually share it. Hes an ogre sometimes.
I wish I had been picked for the Barbie one. It was right around my dd9's birthday and that would have been awesome for her party, but at least I got in on this one.

Wow, have you been doing houseparty.com for long?? :confused: This is a typical party package for this type of party. The ones for Ben 10 and Hersher Bliss were very similar.

It's FREE, I guess I don't get the complaining and disappointment? :confused3

The big package parties like Margaritaville and Fisher Price are very limited in numbers, they are extremely hard to get into and then people that do get into them are off selling the packages on ebay! :headache:

It's free party supplies for you to spread the word on the new tv series, I happen to think that it's a really cool program but maybe my expectations are lower since I'm not even paying for the stuff and all I have to do is host a party and post pictures.

I hope you enjoy the party package even if it is "dollar store" type items. If not, at least you're not out anything.
This is my third party and my SIL has hosted one, my first tv show package. There's plenty of Star Wars merchandise out there. The Fisher Price party got LOTS of toys to test out and share with the guests, the Barbie party got some toys, etc. We get paper goods. As for it being free, well, yes, the party pack is free but it costs me a good bit to actually throw the party so the entire experience isn't free -- it appears to me that I'll "be out" quite a bit more than planned. With the exception of the DVD the rest of the package would have cost nearly nothing in comparison to how much I need to spend so I consider it almost worthless... unless the surprise gift turns out to be great, and it might. I'm holding off on my overall judgement until I see what it is.

I did the Hershey Bliss party and I think the candy in that box was 'worth' more than the junk in this one. We did a tasting, informal, so it didn't require much as far as refreshments and decorations. I also did the Pink Plaid party which may not have had terrific merchandise (cookbook for me, batteries and free salad coupons for guests, plus gift bags), but its overall perceived value was better than this and considering it was a recipe/cooking party it was easier to theme, very inexpensively, for me. It was also for adults so didn't require all that much in the way of decorations and treats beyond what was sent with the package.

I wasn't expecting to put out as much money as it looks like I'm going to have to put out for this party. The contents of this package are not going to make what *I* consider a good party without a LOT of additions. I was expecting to add a few decorations, some food and candy, and a party favor or two. Now it appears that not only do I need to add ALL the decorations and food/candy, but ALL the party favors too and my own bags on top of that. I'm disappointed. I'm entitled to be disappointed and I'm entitled to express that disappointment here on this public forum.

For those of you who are thrilled with this package, I'm happy that you're happy.

This is my third party and my SIL has hosted one, my first tv show package. There's plenty of Star Wars merchandise out there. The Fisher Price party got LOTS of toys to test out and share with the guests, the Barbie party got some toys, etc. We get paper goods. As for it being free, well, yes, the party pack is free but it costs me a good bit to actually throw the party so the entire experience isn't free -- it appears to me that I'll "be out" quite a bit more than planned. With the exception of the DVD the rest of the package would have cost nearly nothing in comparison to how much I need to spend so I consider it almost worthless... unless the surprise gift turns out to be great, and it might. I'm holding off on my overall judgement until I see what it is.

I did the Hershey Bliss party and I think the candy in that box was 'worth' more than the junk in this one. We did a tasting, informal, so it didn't require much as far as refreshments and decorations. I also did the Pink Plaid party which may not have had terrific merchandise (cookbook for me, batteries and free salad coupons for guests, plus gift bags), but its overall perceived value was better than this and considering it was a recipe/cooking party it was easier to theme, very inexpensively, for me. It was also for adults so didn't require all that much in the way of decorations and treats beyond what was sent with the package.

I wasn't expecting to put out as much money as it looks like I'm going to have to put out for this party. The contents of this package are not going to make what *I* consider a good party without a LOT of additions. I was expecting to add a few decorations, some food and candy, and a party favor or two. Now it appears that not only do I need to add ALL the decorations and food/candy, but ALL the party favors too and my own bags on top of that. I'm disappointed. I'm entitled to be disappointed and I'm entitled to express that disappointment here on this public forum.

For those of you who are thrilled with this package, I'm happy that you're happy.

Okay, last comment and then I'm going to leave this thread alone because obviously I cannot write my opinion in a way that is nice enough not to offend people. :confused3

I don't think anyone got "blasted" for voicing their opinion. Saying that someone is being rude when they are making comments like "dollar store stuff", "bunch of crap" and "scam" is truthful. Sorry if that is not "being nice enough" when offering my opinion about their opinion. :confused:

And this is a typical TV show party pack - the point is to promote the TV SHOW, not the various Star Wars toys that might be out there. If you expected toys in the package then your expectations were unrealistic, it is not a Hasbro Star Wars toys house party.

As previous posters have said - if it's not worth your time if you aren't getting a $100+ party pack, then please don't apply - there are others out there who want the party and would appreciate the party package. :thumbsup2

Okay, last comment and then I'm going to leave this thread alone because obviously I cannot write my opinion in a way that is nice enough not to offend people. :confused3

I don't think anyone got "blasted" for voicing their opinion. Saying that someone is being rude when they are making comments like "dollar store stuff", "bunch of crap" and "scam" is truthful. Sorry if that is not "being nice enough" when offering my opinion about their opinion. :confused:

And this is a typical TV show party pack - the point is to promote the TV SHOW, not the various Star Wars toys that might be out there. If you expected toys in the package then your expectations were unrealistic, it is not a Hasbro Star Wars toys house party.

As previous posters have said - if it's not worth your time if you aren't getting a $100+ party pack, then please don't apply - there are others out there who want the party and would appreciate the party package. :thumbsup2
I never said anyone wasn't being nice enough, I don't think. I don't care what you think, and I don't mean that in a rude way though I know that's probably how it sounds. I'm not sure how else to say it. I'm not offended in the least that you don't like my opinion. I don't like what's in the package, that is MY opinion. It seems that most people love what's in the package, and they're entitled to their opinions. I truly am happy that everyone else is so happy, I didn't mean that in a snarky way at all. I meant it as I said it. I'm happy that you're happy.

I understand we're to promote the tv show. I was just thinking it would be more of a party with fun things/toys to hand out. I was wrong. That happens every now and then, I can't always be right, LOL, just don't tell my kids.

Were my expectations unrealistic? I guess they were. Regardless of whether they were realistic or not they were still my expectations and I'm disappointed.

As for leaving the parties to others, I'd have been happy to do that had I known in advance what I was, or wasn't, getting. We are happy to preview the show, that's for sure. However, I'd have saved my money and waited a few days to watch it along with everyone else had I known I wasn't going to be able to have the really great party I thought I could have without spending a ton of money. I accept that most don't feel as I do and I'm fine with that. If we knew in advance what was included with the party packs we could decline to host if we didn't like it. That's not the way it works though.

I also think they should let us know in advance how many people to invite. My other parties and my SIL's were for 15 so I thought this one would be too, but it's only for 10. I do plan to suggest that when HouseParty asks for our feedback afterwards.

I will most likely still apply for more house parties. I just won't apply for tv show parties now that I know the packages aren't up to my standards. :rotfl:

Somone a while back asked what is typically included in the House Party packages. I went to the site and checked on a bunch of them, something I guess I should have done a long time ago. It appears that all of the tv show parties I checked included supplies for 10 guests. I didn't know that because the parties I hosted (not for tv shows) and my SIL's party all included supplies for 15, so I thought all parties would be for 15. I know better than to assume, darn it.

Hope this is helpful to everyone else:

Ice Road Truckers
1 Exclusive DVD featuring a sneak peek at Season 2, and a recap of Season 1
1 Ice Road Truckers t-shirt
15 Ice Road Truckers bumper stickers
15 temporary tattoos
3 drink cozies
3 bottle opener key chains
3 air fresheners

TNT Ladies Night
10 Deluxe Wine Totes
10 Wine Glasses
10 Wine Openers
10 Sets of Wine Glass Charms
The Closer and Saving Grace DVD

Gerber Organic
16, 2-packs of Gerber Organic Pear Wild Blueberry, Apple Strawberry and Gerber Apple Sweet Potato
1 Gerber Childrenswear baby bib for your baby—a gift to you for hosting
1 thermal lunch bag—a gift to you for hosting
16 discount coupons each for Gerber Organic Foods and for Gerber Childrenswear
16 Start Healthy, Stay Healthy Pamphlets
15 branded white bags made from recycled paper

Mattel Barbie
1 Barbie Candy Glam Styling Head
1 Barbie Totally Hair Wave It! Doll
15 Exclusive Barbie sticker sheets
15 Barbie Makeover activity sheets
15 copies of Fashion, hair and beauty tips from Barbie

TNT Raising the Bar
10 Raising the Bar Cups
10 Raising the Bar Napkins
1 Raising the Bar Cooler
10 Raising the Bar coasters (sets of 4)
1 Raising the Bar sneak-peek DVD

Fisher Price
1 Laugh & Learn™ Smart Bounce & Spin Pony™
1 Laugh & Learn™ Fun with Friends™ Musical Table
1 Amazing Animals™ Spinnin’ Around Musical Zoo
1 Go Baby Go Crawl & Cruise Musical Jungle™
10 Fisher-Price toys to share with your guests, including Poppity Pop™ vehicles, Rock-A-Stack®, and Snap Lock® Beads
10 Infant Product Guides
10 coupons for the Fisher-Price online store
10 gift bags

Orville and Maybelline
3 boxes of Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet ® Popping Corn in Natural Lime & Salt
4 boxes of Orville Redenbacher’s Gourmet ® Popping Corn in Buttery Salt & Cracked Pepper
15 Orville Popcorn bowls
15 Orville Postcards
6 Orville Coupon offers
15 Lipstick Jungle Collectable Bonfire Postcards
1 Lipstick Jungle Season 2 premiere preview DVD
1 Lipstick Jungle book by Candace Bushnell
Maybelline New York Cosmetics:
15 Colossal Volum’ Express Mascaras
15 Mineral Power Lipcolors
15 Mineral Power Packette samples
1 Maybelline Lipstick
1 Expert Wear Shadow
1 Maybelline New York Lip Liner

Kellogg's
15 boxes of Kellogg’s™ Live Bright™ Double Chocolate brain health bars
15 boxes of Kellogg’s™ Live Bright™ Dark Chocolate Vanilla brain health bars
1 Big Brain Academy Board Game
Live Bright™ product coupons to share with your guests
15 brain scrambler puzzles

Alli
stylish reusable tote bags
copies of we lost it, a book filled with inspirational stories from successful alli users
fat percentage calculators
low-fat recipes
two-week meal planners

Cartoon Network Clone Wars
DVD featuring the premiere episode of Star Wars™: The Clone Wars™
1 Sculpted Mask
10 paper masks
10 tattoo sheets
10 sticker sheets
10—8x10 posters
10 balloons
Special SUPRISE gift from HASBRO
Special host gift: reusable green-friendly tote bag

SC Johnson
1 Pledge® Multi-Surface Duster OR Glade® Scented Oil Candle
1 Eco-friendly multi-use tote
1 Kitchen Timer
1 Refrigerator magnet
15 “Fresh and Inviting” Booklets with household tips, recipes and coupons
15 Grocery pads
15 Glade® fragrance samplers
30 Party napkins

Hershey's Bliss
3 flavors of HERSHEY’S BLISS Chocolate: milk chocolate, dark chocolate and milk chocolate with a meltaway center. (3 bags of each flavor— plenty for the party and enough for your guests to take some home)
1 personal photo album especially for you —our thanks for the time and effort you’ve put into hosting
15 Cocktail napkins to serve HERSHEY’S BLISS chocolates
Great gift giveaways for your guests: grocery list pads, pens, and fridge magnets. (15 of each)
15 White party gift bags for your guests’ take-home gifts. You can download graphics from party favors to create blissful stickers to decorate the bags

Cartoon Network Ben 10
Ben 10: Alien Force t-shirt
Exclusive DVD, including the first half of the premiere episode and a lost episode from the original Ben 10 series
Patch sets (10 per host)
Face masks (10 per host)
Tattoos (10 per host)
Balloons
Party cups, plates and napkins

Lipstick Jungle
(10) Volume XL Seductions Lip Plumper—for the most voluptuous lips ever
(1) Define-A-Lash® Volume Mascara—clump-free volume that’s defined like never before
(1) Expert Wear Quad Eye Shadow—crease-proof, true color shades for all day wear
(1) Shine Seduction Glossy Lipcolor—with conditioning Vitamin E and Aqua-Botanicals
(9) Lipstick Jungle Cosmetic Bag—to hold all your makeup goodies
(6) Black Satin Eye Mask—we all need our beauty sleep
(3) Soothing Bath Salts—to melt away any stressful day
(10) Mirror Compact—we could always use an extra one of these
(8) Bluefly coupons
(50) Party Napkins
(1) Lipstick Jungle Pilot Episode DVD

Anyone know how long it takes to get the packages? Are they shipped UPS? And where do they ususally ship from? I see someone on the houseparty site already got their package!

Anyone know how long it takes to get the packages? Are they shipped UPS? And where do they ususally ship from? I see someone on the houseparty site already got their package!

Mine are shipped with DHL. Not sure where they come from. :)

Kudos to jcemom for the list, gives people a much better idea of what they can expect when applying for parties. :)

Also the tv parties are much easier to get b/c there are literally 4x more parties usually than the big ones with lots of product (like Fisher Price). And usually if you get an email from houseparty inviting you to apply for a party, there is a box on the right side of the first screen that tells you the party package contents up front so you can decide whether or not you would be interested.

Today for example I got one for the Saturn Real Simple party. Here were the contents:

If you are selected to host, you'll receive a fabulous party pack filled with lots of great stuff, including:
One Saturn Hybrid Messenger Bag
One Reusable Shopping List Board
One $25 Gas Card*
One Real Simple Celebrations Book
One Set of 15 Party Coasters
Real Simple Party Recipes for All Guests
Party Games for All Guests
Special Offers and More!

I passed on this one since it wasn't really something I was interested in.

HTH :goodvibes

Kudos to jcemom for the list, gives people a much better idea of what they can expect when applying for parties. :)

Also the tv parties are much easier to get b/c there are literally 4x more parties usually than the big ones with lots of product (like Fisher Price). And usually if you get an email from houseparty inviting you to apply for a party, there is a box on the right side of the first screen that tells you the party package contents up front so you can decide whether or not you would be interested.

Today for example I got one for the Saturn Real Simple party. Here were the contents:

If you are selected to host, you'll receive a fabulous party pack filled with lots of great stuff, including:
One $25 Gas Card*
Special Offers and More!

Thank you. Now that you mentioned it, I have noticed some of the invites have a list or partial list of package contents. I don't think the Star Wars one did.

I think I'd pass on the Saturn party as well. The $25 gas card would be nice, of course, but it doesn't sound as if there are enough things in the package for the guests. That's kind of what I've been wanting, I guess, nice things to go in the party favor/goody bags. I'll have to look closer at the party information in the future before applying or accepting a spot instead of getting excited just over the name of the party. ;)

One $25 Gas Card*
Special Offers and More!

Thanks!!!:goodvibes

Just posted on SlickDeals:

Quote from dana43 :
Just got my package!!!

It has :
Reusable Yoda Tote
10 Clone Wars balloons
10 Clone Wars posters
10 Clone Wars Glow Sticks
10 CW Sticker Sheets
10 CW Tattoo Sheets
10 Character Masks (Cardboard with elastic strap-seems sturdy)
Plastic Clone Trooper Mask
DVD
and my favorite - a Hasbro Light saber

The kids are beyond thrilled!!

I'm happy to hear the tote has Yoda on it. I was expecting it to be plain. The glow sticks are a nice addition, all kids like glow sticks I think, no matter what age they are. It appears that the special gift is a light saber.

I know I said I wouldn't say anything else, but this package does sound good! The light saber will be a huge hit. Yea! A toy! The posters are going to be a big hit, I suspect.

Thanks, for all the hints about how to know what is in a package, and the list of what has been in previous house parties. It is really helpful and gives me a much better sense of the program. Contents do vary greatly, it seems like the tv parties are a different category.

I can't wait to see the kids faces, they are going to love, love, love this party!

Maria

I like the addition of the glow sticks to the package. Unfortunately for me I have three kids who are going to fight over that light saber so I'm going to need to go out and buy two more. Still, I do think it's a nice gift to be included. Since I have three kids I kind of always hope for something extra for the guests rather than the host. I'm sure I'm in the minority on that one though, LOL. Maybe I should just keep the light saber for myself. :rotfl:

Ya know, I kept saying my kids weren't going to care for the party favors included, that they're on the upper age range for this party, etc. Then it hit me that I'll bet I was chosen based on DD's age (6), not my boys (14 and 15 -- and yes, they will still want the light saber, LOL)! Not sure why I didn't realize that before. Sheesh, I can be thick sometimes, LOL. DD hasn't a clue about Star Wars stuff though. The Star Tours ride is all she knows of Star Wars, guess she's going to be initiated into the Star Wars fan club soon, LOL. My boys are the Star Wars fans, but they're too old for this party I guess. They're going to enjoy the DVD anyway, but won't care about the favors except maybe the posters and glow sticks.

At least now I know I'll have enough stuff for all the kids since the older ones won't need stickers, balloons, masks or tattoos. I can find a way to split everything up fairly and add some candy and small items to beef up the goody bags.

does anyone know how long we have to "host" and then post pics? my house suffered from the floods this past weekend it could be a while until it is habitable again, and I don't know anyone willing to host for me.

thanks!

I'm happy to hear the tote has Yoda on it. I was expecting it to be plain. The glow sticks are a nice addition, all kids like glow sticks I think, no matter what age they are. It appears that the special gift is a light saber.

Thanks for posting what's in the package! A light saber! Yes!!! I wonder if the mask is the voice changing one...this just gets better and better! We are gonna have a ball. So far, seems we will have 10 kiddos attending!:goodvibes

does anyone know how long we have to "host" and then post pics? my house suffered from the floods this past weekend it could be a while until it is habitable again, and I don't know anyone willing to host for me.

thanks!
I don't know the answer to your question, just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear your house was flooded. :hug:

thanks!

I'm sorry that happened.

I don't know the answer either. I haven't found out how, or if we even have to post pictures/report back. From what I read we don't have to..........someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sorry that happened.

I don't know the answer either. I haven't found out how, or if we even have to post pictures/report back. From what I read we don't have to..........someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Did your party pack ever show up?

I got my package today. The sculpted mask is just a sturdy plastic mask of a clone trooper or something. It actually seems on the small side. But the paper masks are nicer than I thought. My kids were fighting over who was going to get which one. And the poster is larger than the 8 x 10 they listed. It is probably 8x10 after it has been folded twice. The kiddies were excited with this one.

My kids are going to love this package! I think I WILL be wearing the clone wars mask!!! I can't wait to tell them about this after school today. I am still waiting for my package to come. Did it come postal service, UPS, or Fed Ex?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter