Just got into my first House Party!

I just got my first one, but not the Star Wars one. I'm doing the Canon scrapbooking one.

Jen

I just got the scrapbooking one, too. I think I'm going to print and mail my invitations. Seems a little more personal. Do I really need to list all my party list online? I mean, do they send the same number of favors no matter how many people are coming?

My friend and I have been talking about starting a scrapbooking club. This might be the perfect time to kick it off. But I don't have the names of all the ladies we might invite. See what I mean? I also don't want to include 20 people if we'll only get favors for 10.

I just got the scrapbooking one, too. I think I'm going to print and mail my invitations. Seems a little more personal. Do I really need to list all my party list online? I mean, do they send the same number of favors no matter how many people are coming?

My friend and I have been talking about starting a scrapbooking club. This might be the perfect time to kick it off. But I don't have the names of all the ladies we might invite. See what I mean? I also don't want to include 20 people if we'll only get favors for 10.

Every person will get the same party pack whether you say you have 1 guest or 100 guests. As long as you send one or two thru their system, they seem to be happy.

I just got my first one, but not the Star Wars one. I'm doing the Canon scrapbooking one.

Jen

I actually just signed up for it today, and then it stopped taking applications...so I don't know how much of a chance I have! This party looks great! I hope I get this one too! :cool1:

does anyone have ideas for favors and/or decorations for their parties? I was thinking of picking up some of those inflatable light sabers, but I don't want the kids going nuts in my basement hitting each other with the sabers!

I got in to the Canon scrapbooking party as well :). I checked the links to the product, and it is really cool. It looks like we will get the photo printer station as well as all the supplies needed. I'm trying to decide on a project to do for my party- maybe something for the party guests to make as Christmas gifts. What is everyone else doing?

Not sure what I'm doing yet. Usually the 'themes' are more generic and easier. This one is more specific, I'll have to brainstorm and see what I can come up with. Not sure if I want to go all out and try to keep everything themed or not. It would be easier to just have a pizza party and then theme only some decorations/favors. My boys are probably older than most here so they're not going to be interested in games or anything too childish, they're in their early teens. They'd still enjoy a good inflatable lightsaber fight though, LOL, especially if they could 'beat up' their little sister with them. :rotfl:

My DD, nieces and nephews are probably more in the target age range for this, so I'll try to keep everything age-neutral since the kids as a group range from age 3 to age 15.

If any of you have any ideas I can 'borrow' please pass them along! ;)

Love the lightsaber idea! I am going to head over to Nobbies today to see what they have. I am excited to have this party! Any ideas for good snacks that would go with this party?:confused3

Love the lightsaber idea! I am going to head over to Nobbies today to see what they have. I am excited to have this party! Any ideas for good snacks that would go with this party?:confused3

Space food - like the non frozen ice cream bars you can find.
Galatic food - like non-typical ethnic food to represent different "aliens".
more Galatic food - gummie shapes for snacks.
Make cool "alien" labels to put on your drinks. I made fun ones for a pirate party once that were a hit with the kids. How often do they get to drink GROG? :rotfl2:

Jen

Hi Jen -

Can I ask if your email stated how many parties they are doing? I only see 500 on the map and normally they do 1,000. If so, I will continue crossing my fingers, if not I will just have to accept that they don't love me LOL!! :confused3

I got my email yesterday saying we were accepted:cool1: .

Do you really have to have people over or can you just distribute the sample items?
Must you post pictures and give them info on other people?

No party for me. I've not had a party yet, I figure, it must be a age thing, I'm too old.

How often can you host a party? Do they only let you do one twice a year or something?

I saw this thread and went and signed up with them. I had not heard of this before and it sounds like a lot of fun! I hope I get choosen for something soon!

Do you really have to have people over or can you just distribute the sample items?
Must you post pictures and give them info on other people?

I've done both. Had a real party and then sent the items and had an "internet" party. As long as you post some photos, you are good.

How often can you host a party? Do they only let you do one twice a year or something?

I've hosted at least two back-to-back. Not a lot lately as I think there is more competition to get the parties then when it first started.

I got into the Star Wars one also. My first one! I'm so excited. My kids and their friends are excited too. My one concern is I don't know how many kids to invite. I'd hate to invite 30 kids only have to the package only be enough for 15....that would be hard to explain to some kids they don't get something, or that young siblings have to share. Hopefully we find out what we're getting soon so I know how many to invite!

I have seen party supplies for Clone Wars in Toys'r'us. They have sheets of temporary tattoos, paper products. You might to stock up on those to have the extras you may need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!