Just got back with a 18 month old

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by LMO429, May 5, 2017.

1. LMO429

LMO429 DIS Veteran

Hi! Just got back with my son who is 18 months old. We had a blast!!!! He loved the character meals and he loved the rides he was able to go on.

Some tips that helped me.

Used a cares harness on the flight. He slept going and coming.

Used this sippy Cup Leash for the stroller and it was awesome! Highly recommend:

https://www.amazon.com/PBnJ-Baby-Si...=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=pbj+sippy+cup+holder&th=1

I used my ju ju be be light for the parks. It fit perfect in the basket on the city mini stroller. All i brought to the park was the following..diapers, wipes, diaper bags, one ziplock bag, sippy cup, sunscreen, motrin.

https://www.amazon.com/Ju-Ju-Be-Leg...996719&sr=8-2&keywords=ju+ju+be+be+light&th=1

In the Ju Ju Be Be Light I packed the ju ju be quick.

I kept the diapers in there it was so much easier to bring the be quick into the rest room with me then the entire diaper bag. In the be quick was diapers, wipes, vaseline, disposable diaper bags for soiled diapers and a disposable changing pad.

https://www.amazon.com/Ju-Ju-Be-Leg...&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=ju+ju+be+be+quick&th=1

Also used the sticky disposable table mats for the restaurants

any other questions feel free to ask but the above items were so helpful and i kept it simple with what i brought to the parks.

in hindsight i wish i would have brought a backpack harness to give him more freedom to walk around..that is my one regret

2. Awilmeri

Awilmeri Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing! We will be there in October and our youngest will be 18 months exactly! Glad you had a good experience! What rides were the best for that age?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. LMO429

LMO429 DIS Veteran

We went on all rides he was allowed to go on he loved Frozen & Haunted Mansion

Hollywood Studios took him on Toy Story Mania

Animal Kingdom Safari loved the boneyard

Epcot, Journey to Imagination, Livingwtih the land, spaceship earth, nemo, frozen, boat ride mexico

magic kingdom, enchanted tales with belle, little mermaid, tea cups, winnie the pooh, philharmagic, pirates, iasw, peter pan, country bear jam, people mover, buzz, carpets of aladdin, dumbo, railroad,

im probably missing some stuff..but he was able to go on a lot

he would not keep his 3 d glasses on but still seemed to enjoy those rides

plus you have the shows which i found harder to keep him still try to get here at the last possible minute for shows

kboo, bladiator and Awilmeri like this.
  5. Awilmeri

Awilmeri Earning My Ears

Perfect! I'm excited that he may actually have a little fun too! I know his siblings will!

6. nycdisneygal

nycdisneygal DIS Veteran

Thanks so much!! Our DD will be 18 months on our next trips (not WDW but still looking for tips!). Looking for good disposable sippie cups. With my older DD we used zoopals but I think those are not available anymore. Did you use any?

7. LMO429

LMO429 DIS Veteran

I just used his nuk sippy cups and washed them in the room with dapple and let them air dry

nycdisneygal likes this.
  8. ChiefM

ChiefM Mouseketeer

My son will be 19 months old when we go the end of September. Always looking for tips and tricks to make the parks enjoyable for everyone.
    Thanks for the tips!!!

9. bladiator

bladiator Disney on my mind

Man, I've been looking for a run down like this! I mean, I know that you can ride all the stuff that doesn't have a height requirement, but I've always wanted to actually see what someone did. Going with a 12 month old in December hopefully, so I'm glad to see that most of the rides are available. :)

10. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

I just got back with my 18 month old.

For anyone going in the immediate future...the boneyard at AK is closed right now as is the Carousel at MK. Rafiki's Planet Watch opens at 10 (which I didn't know and it screwed up our AK day) and Country Bear Jamboree at MK starts at 11.

I think my son's favorite part of the trip was playing in the Laughin' Place playground under the train station near Splash Mountain. He was pretty furious we were making him leave.

My son did really well with characters and on most rides. 2 things that really scared him - the drop on Frozen and the 20's scene in Carousel of Progress when the appliances go crazy.

APiratesLifeForMe2 likes this.
  11. ChiefM

ChiefM Mouseketeer

That's great news and it sounds like you had fun. I can't wait to see how my little man does.

12. kboo

kboo DIS Veteran

13. Betty Rohrer

Betty Rohrer DIS Veteran

if the straws come out like they did years ago security may not let the straw in at AK which will make cup useless for that day. I could not get to load

14. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

There is no straw in the sippy in the picture.

I took a straw sippy to AK last week. You can't pull the straw out from the top, but like all sippys I've ever seen, it does come apart and you can remove the straw to wash it. Security didn't even bat an eye.

15. kboo

kboo DIS Veteran

They have a spout, and even a spout cover.

Betty Rohrer likes this.