Just got back....observation made at CRT dining

TwoCortWort

A Buckeye Disney Princess
My 13 year old niece and I had lunch reservations at CRT celebrating her birthday and we were seated and both of us were handed a wishing star, which last year I didn't even get offered it. I noticed that everyone around us were recieving them and by the time we had gotten through most of the Princesses we hadn't seen the wands/swords being handed out and finally after a few minutes we saw the guy coming around them. But he skipped our table and handed them out to everyone around us, kids or adults, literally everyone got them if they desired. My niece made a comment to me about it and I looked behind us the girl who was about her age had one, a couple celebrating their 40th anniversary each got a wand and sword, 2 college age girls got wands, and I was like what is going on? Our waitress came back over and brought our dessert and I proceeded to ask her why we didn't get a wand. To be told "Oh only children get wands or swords."

My jaw actually smacked the floor when she said that because I looked around again and everyone else had them and couldn't believe she said that to us. Last year, it wasn't even an ISSUE to get the wands/swords, but the fact other adults eating there got one, that just peeved me a bit. Our server wasn't all that "nice" either she had an attitude, when I asked about my niece's special treat (Cinderella's slipper dessert) she was like "I gotcha!" Like blew me off kind of rudely about that.

The family behind us were from the UK and the mom and daughter who was about my niece's age shot dirty looks at my niece the rest of the meal, apparently they heard our conversation about the wand/sword thing. But seriously do you have to get so rude? The mom shot me a dirty look as we left and I went back to MK for a final fast pass and ran into that same family, who AGAIN shot me dirty looks and I just smiled and kept walking that time.

But has anyone else ran into this at CRT about having kids who are considered "adults" by Disney age and not been offered the wand/sword? I only comment because everyone else around us got them, and the server wasn't exactly thrilled she had to go get them for us.

Last time I was there with my daughters my then 4 year old got a wand and my then 12 year old daughter and I did not. My 12 year old did receive a wishing star and was very happy!

We were there in June and all the kids with our group, Friends DD 17, DS 14, friends DS 10, friends DD 9 and my DD 9 all got swords/wands. Sounds like you had a less then magical experience.

We werent offered the wishing star or wand either when we went last october but when i aksed our server he brought some right over. He kinda giggled a bit and acted like we were just big children but i didnt feel like it was in a rude way. I think if your paying the amount you do for the experience you should be given the stars and wands without having to ask.

We eat there every trip, my son gets a sword and my daughter gets a wand. My Dh and I have never gotten anything. One year my daughter wanted a sword too and our server was so nice brought her one, and my son a wand too which I thought was really nice. Sorry you had a less than magical time, I agree with the previous post, with what we pay to eat there, what's the big deal to give out an extra wand?

We were just there and both our kids aged 9 and 11 got the wands/swords. I did not see any adults or older teens with them at all.

We didn't get anything when we were there in June (Me, DH and DD14). I honestly don't care because I didn't want something else to carry around with us. But if you cared, they should have given you one.

I hope you had a good time otherwise.

I've eaten twice at CRT. My kids have gotten swords/wands, but adults (DH and I) have not.

My DD 17, Neices 12 & 20, Nephew 18, DSIL & DMIL ate there in June and everyone including the adults received wands and swords. DH & I ate at Biergarten. They showed us the wands/sword when we got back to the hotel.

Last October all three of us got them. Ages 25, 49 & 73... I thought everyone got them :/

In May, I requested a sword for my husband (my daugjters both got wands without asking) and he was given one without any problem. We all pay, so IMO everyone who wants one should be able to get a wand or sword.

We were there in June. My wife and I didn't get one (can't say we wanted one), but my kids (12, 10, and 8) all got their respective instruments. For the amount of money you pay for that meal, a $1 wand or star ought to be handed out with smiles to anyone asking.

No adults got anything when we dined there in May.
8ce18.jpg

Our girls were given wands (I didn't ask for one for myself) DD saw some people with the swords and I asked our server if we could purchase one and they just gave them one each as well which was really lovely.

Our server wasn't all that "nice" either she had an attitude, when I asked about my niece's special treat (Cinderella's slipper dessert) she was like "I gotcha!" Like blew me off kind of rudely about that.

What do you mean by this? I am planning to order one to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, did you have to remind her you had ordered one?

It's a plastic toy. Is it really that big of a deal?

I mean, sure, for the outrageous cost of eating mediocre food there, I would think they should give a toy (or 4 or 5!) to anyone who wants them, but I wouldn't let it bother me.

For the record, when we ate there last year, our 5 and 3 year old got wands/swords but my wife and I didn't. I'm pretty sure both toys were broken before we left the park that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter