Just got back from OKW

BeesKnees

Mouseketeer
It has been a tough year. As some of you may remember our trip to HHI was cut short due to a tornado hitting our home which is still unresolved.

I had an accident before we left so I was forced to vacation with the aid of a scooter but we were determined to have a good vacation regardless because... well... this year has been crappy and we needed it.

Started off shakey with a 3 hour flight delay that put us checking in at 3:30am which meant we couldn't get the building or the view we wanted but luckily that was about the worst that happened and after sleeping in Monday we recovered and had a pleasant trip.

We didn't push too hard because we needed more of a relaxing trip than an active one. Enjoyed the processional, Osbourne lights, and, of course, MVMCP. We caught a dine-in movie which is something we hadn't done before. I took our Boxee Box so we had plenty of in-room entertainment as well.

It wasn't an epic adventure but it filled a need and I am so happy that we didn't let our family pick the resort this time because OKW, as usual, was the perfect choice for us. Usually when we take people we let it be their choice because we get to go so often but this time we were selfish.

I'm glad you had a great trip! I'm a big fan of the Osbourne lights but we've never done MVMCP nor have we been there for the Processional (we're early NOV people), but I'm glad that you had a great time! We noticed the same thing on this trip (our 3rd in a row) where things just seemed "off". It was fun but it didn't have that same kind of sheen to it. When we got back we immediately booked a cruise for next year - hopefully this (with a stay at the parks) will fix it for us.

I'm so glad your trip was what you needed. I hope your recovery from your accident is speedy. Sometimes the escape from reality is the best value of DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter