Just got back from DC with cabana and dolphin swim

hannahsmomma

Who's dream is it.....
We just got home from our week at universal. The whole family agreed that DC was by far our favorite part of the trip! We rented a cabana and felt like it was totally worth it. It was so nice to have a place out of the crowds. And you also have a hostess with it, who will go and get you pretty much whatever you want or need. The dolphin swim was so wonderful, but we all agreed it would be just as nice to go and not do the dolphin swim. We all want to go back when the freshwater exhibit opens, which we were told by staff they are having issues and it has been pushed back to some time in June. My one suggestion is if you want to feed the birds get there early. We didnt go til probably about 11 and they didnt want anything to do with us or the food. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Glad you had a great time. We are planning on doing it in May 2013. My only question would be...can we see some pictures???:)

So glad to read that you and your family had a great time at DC. We are booked for late September of this year and have booked a cabana as well as the dolphin swim. I'm wondering about the host or hostess assigned to the cabana - do they stop by periodically to see if there might be anything we need or are they stationed nearby to service a number of cabanas? I believe I read that the fridge will be stocked and that towels will be available as well? Thanks for any information you can provide, it's appreciated!:)

Whoops!! I did have a question..how much was the cabana?

I believe we paid 189. A little pricy but soooo worth it.

Glad you had a great time. We are planning on doing it in May 2013. My only question would be...can we see some pictures???:)

There will be pictures to come soon!

So glad to read that you and your family had a great time at DC. We are booked for late September of this year and have booked a cabana as well as the dolphin swim. I'm wondering about the host or hostess assigned to the cabana - do they stop by periodically to see if there might be anything we need or are they stationed nearby to service a number of cabanas? I believe I read that the fridge will be stocked and that towels will be available as well? Thanks for any information you can provide, it's appreciated!:)

When we arrived there was a seperate check in after the main check in for people with cabanas. When you check in there your host/hostess takes you to your cabana where there is a fridge stocked with water and coke products. he/she will ask if you want beer and what kind and will stock a 6 pack of bottles in it after 11. There were towels in the cabana and also in all of the bathrooms. The host/hostess also fills a basket with snacks for you. he/she comes back periodically to check on you and will bring whatever you need. Like DC yummy sweet tea vodka drink :)

We go tomorrow...so excited!

So excited for you!! It was amazing!! One tip...everyone here said to get there early, we got there right at 8 and there was already a fairly long line for check in. We got a 1030 dolphin swim time, which we thought was good cause it gave us time to eat and check things out.

Whoops!! I did have a question..how much was the cabana?

For our August date (the 29th), cabanas are $179 for the day. But you can only book 3 weeks in advance if you are looking for a cabana-only and reservations are first come, first served.

Packages that include a cabana rental are available to reserve earlier if you don't want to wait on the 3-week point. We booked the Premium Package at $229 and it includes a t-shirt, a photo frame or stuffed dolphin, a personalized bouy delivered to you by a dolphin during your swim, a 6 x 8 photo, an underwater camera, and a discount on the largest photo package (25% off, I think). We were concerned that there would be no cabanas left by the time early August (our 3-week point) rolled around, and with good reason......when we booked our cabana in April, over half of them were already spoken for for our date.

Thanks so much for the information - just what I needed to know! We've booked the Premium Package cabana rental as it's a great value and having experienced the temperatures in Orlando in September on a few previous trips, we thought it would be money well spent. We are really looking forward to our day at DC and thanks to your info, even moreso now! :cool1:

would love to see photos!
Also, any news on when the freshwater part of the park is opening?
Debs;)

Our family of 3 are hoping to go to DC in December this year. Anyone know or can guess what the weather may be like? Also is it woth hiring a cabana? Any other tips gratefully received.:thumbsup2

We just got home from our week at universal. The whole family agreed that DC was by far our favorite part of the trip! We rented a cabana and felt like it was totally worth it. It was so nice to have a place out of the crowds. And you also have a hostess with it, who will go and get you pretty much whatever you want or need. The dolphin swim was so wonderful, but we all agreed it would be just as nice to go and not do the dolphin swim. We all want to go back when the freshwater exhibit opens, which we were told by staff they are having issues and it has been pushed back to some time in June. My one suggestion is if you want to feed the birds get there early. We didnt go til probably about 11 and they didnt want anything to do with us or the food. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

We just returned as well. We were there on Tuesday-5/22/12. This was most definately the highlight of our trip and I agree 100% about renting a cabana. It was fantastic. I hope to start our TR soon.

Quick question - did you tip your cabana attendant and if so, how much? I asked if I was allowed to tip when I called yesterday to ask a few questions and they said I was welcome too, so I want to have cash handy. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter