Just got an email....don't know if I should open it!

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
I just got an email from "darlingdisney33". I usually don't hesitate when I see an email with disney in the name since I frequent these boards so much and I don't have my email address hid. Anyway, I tried to open the email and MSN is giving me a warning about it containing "frames" and it warned me not to open it unless I knew who it is from (I tried to reply to this email and it won't even let me do that!! :confused: ) Anyway, this is my question. Does anyone know who this person is? And if darlingdisney33 is on these boards, kindly let me know it's ok to open! Thanks!!

Colleen

I think there's a search option to find specific usernames on the boards. You could try that & see if they're registered here. If they are, maybe send a PM or separate email to verify what it contains. Good luck!! :)

Don't know who it is but I know what I would do....delete that stinker FAST!! Whatever it is it's not worth the possibility of no dising due to a virus!! Good luck!

I just checked the DIS member list, and it's NOT a registered DIS user.

I already tried the search option! No luck!! I was just looking at my email list....whatever this thing is it's 128 kb!!! That's bigger than a regular email!! The title is simply "Hi, some questions". Hopefully this is legit and no one is trying to give me a virus!!

If you want to avoid any possible problem, just delete it. If you're really curious, keep reading.....

Quick question... do you use IE or Netscape? I've had problems on a web page or two that says my "browser doesn't support frames" & wouldn't let me see everything. With a generic subject like that and a username you don't know, I'd be suspicious too.

Are you able to forward emails without opening them? If so, here's an idea that *might* work (I'm not totally sure, though). Open a Yahoo email account (it's free & great for junk mail). Forward the email to that new address. When you open it there, Yahoo will scan the attachment for viruses. I've received a few that it has identified, saving me the effort of finding out the hard way. It will tell you if it's a worm virus or whatever general category it may fall under.

If your email opens the note to send it, you should still be okay. Almost every virus has to be opened. Simply opening the email doesn't start it. You can then see what the file name is & handle appropriately.

in my experience 128 and 144 are the EXACT size of the Klez virus delete and PURGE!!!!!

then go to www.symantec.com and run a virus scan! Good luck!!!

I would delete it and run a virus scan.

Sounds very suspicious to me.

I make it a rule to never open an e-mail with an attachment from someone I don't know. No exceptions.

"Hi, some questions" is one of the titles known to be used by the Kletz Virus.

Delete that puppy and run a virus scan.

Don't open it. My husband had one at work that started with that wording. It is a virus.

If it's no one from these boards.....get rid of it. I know you're probably curious though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter