Just curious-re BCV lovers

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Does anyone else who loves BCV NOT swim, and therefore not care about Stormalong Bay? It seems that whenever people talk about their reason for loving BCV, they always refer to Stormalong Bay. I was wondering if we're the only BCV lovers who don't care about Stormalong Bay? We love the closeness to Epcot, the backround music (for us, it's the most relaxing), the Solarium, and most of all the proximity to Beaches and Cream. Did anyone else notice that from the Beach Club, you can get to B&C in the rain without getting wet? That's a big plus for us!

We do love Stormalong bay but would have bought there with or without it. Love being close to Epcot and the general light and airy feel of the resort. We also walk to the studios so walking to 2 parks is a huge plus. We have 2 small kids so SAB can be overwhelming sometimes. When they are older I’m sure we’ll love it even more.

We are BCV owners, and love it SAB or no SAB. (But when we bought in, there were few DVC locations).

My older kids, teens, preferred the location over our original resort of OKW. They loved OKW TOO, but liked to walk around the BW/BC area better, and liked the closeness to Epcot and yes, the kids liked SAB.

We have not stayed at BCV in 10 years or so, been trying many other locations, including a few trips to VGC at DL. But we will be back someday, 2019 I think.

Hi Simbas Mom, I'm one who only bought BCV because of SAB. I was very happy with BWV!

To me, it's a simple mathematical equation:

(nicest other DVC resort) + SAB + location = BCV

I mean theoretically we could stay elsewhere, but why?!

Love staying at BCV. Have never been in any of the pools. I like the atmosphere, the restaurant and shopping options available without leaving the resort buildings, and the proximity to Epcot.

Does anyone else who loves BCV NOT swim, and therefore not care about Stormalong Bay? It seems that whenever people talk about their reason for loving BCV, they always refer to Stormalong Bay. I was wondering if we're the only BCV lovers who don't care about Stormalong Bay? We love the closeness to Epcot, the backround music (for us, it's the most relaxing), the Solarium, and most of all the proximity to Beaches and Cream. Did anyone else notice that from the Beach Club, you can get to B&C in the rain without getting wet? That's a big plus for us!
I do like the vibe and atmosphere there, but quite honestly when my twins were younger we did stay for 2 nights and visited for another and I/We were a nervous wreck... They were 9 I think and might I add, Above avg swimmers, but it's very hard to keep track of them, for the sight lines/ different pools makes that quite impossible.

We do love Stormalong bay but would have bought there with or without it. Love being close to Epcot and the general light and airy feel of the resort. We also walk to the studios so walking to 2 parks is a huge plus. We have 2 small kids so SAB can be overwhelming sometimes. When they are older I’m sure we’ll love it even more.
This...For sure . This definitely
We are BCV owners, and love it SAB or no SAB. (But when we bought in, there were few DVC locations).

My older kids, teens, preferred the location over our original resort of OKW. They loved OKW TOO, but liked to walk around the BW/BC area better, and liked the closeness to Epcot and yes, the kids liked SAB.

We have not stayed at BCV in 10 years or so, been trying many other locations, including a few trips to VGC at DL. But we will be back someday, 2019 I think.
Good Point Love this place!!

Hi Simbas Mom, I'm one who only bought BCV because of SAB. I was very happy with BWV!
Now That Clown is one that I really enjoy!!
To me, it's a simple mathematical equation:

(nicest other DVC resort) + SAB + location = BCV

I mean theoretically we could stay elsewhere, but why?!
(Grand Floridian Resort) + SAB + Monorail to MK = GVC....Just sayin:confused3
Hi, there-I guess we're the uncommon ones.
Nope, Not uncommon at all...I'll join ya in line.LoL

Love staying at BCV. Have never been in any of the pools. I like the atmosphere, the restaurant and shopping options available without leaving the resort buildings, and the proximity to Epcot.
't
As I stated up above, about trying to keep an eye on the kids, it's also kinda weird that the lazy river is somewhat faster than most, and it's not your typical 3 ft depth either. It's 8 ft deep there, which makes it very difficult for even the better/stronger swimmers to get back in/on the tube, if they fall off.... I also don't like that if they want to go down the slide, that they first must go outside the gated area, then across a "Common Path" then up the long steps, then back down into the pool...No way can a Parent sit down & relax AT All if you have young ones..
This I do love

BCV is one of our holdings. While we love the area, the rooms at BCV are not our favorite due to the limited views from the room. We enjoy the pool view but that's about it. BWV is the best of all worlds for us, access to BC/YC, the boardwalk, boardwalk views and Epcot/DHS.

:earsboy: Bill

I've been wanting to pick up a BCV contract for awhile now, because for us there just is no other resorts with the location premium of BCV since Epcot is our favorite park.
While the adults in my travelling party love SAB, the kids, oddly enough, currently mid-sized (last trip they were 8, 9, 10) prefer the Villa pool to SAB. :confused3 Not sure if its because of proximity to the rooms we've had they've been able to run back and grab toys/snacks/etc more easily or just smaller/less people is better for them (they are mostly excellent swimmers), but they always choose that when given the opportunity. The kids-at-heart like the slide/lazy pool/cocktails available at SAB.

We bought BCV preopening because my husband and son both loved SAB. I hate it. Don't like the sinking sands, don't like the crowds, don't like the 8' deep areas, don't like the massive size. I'd much rather swim in the Dunes Cove pool at the villas. We sold those points about ten years ago to reduce our payments to DVC. I don't think we've even stayed there since. Mostly OKW.

I did like running over to Epcot to catch Illuminations and then go back to the BCV. Took like a half hour total.

Most of my trips are with my sister on fer DVC points At BCV even though her home resort is BLT. If I'm paying for a room we stay at BC or Yacht and I think the last 12 trips I've used SAB 4 times because new people were with and they wanted to try it. Usually go to a quiet pool jump in to cool off then read for a while. We stay at these resorts because of location.

SAB is fabulous amenity. But location is our primary attraction to this resort.

...... there just is no other resorts with the location premium of BCV since Epcot is our favorite park.

See, I think that BWV has the better location of the two. It's only a slightly longer walk to Epcot and the boat is a real option there to take to/from Epcot. It also provide a relatively short walk to DHS. And IMO it has a better slide than SAB. :goodvibes

With the changes at the Marketplace the pluses to BCV for me are now SAB environment itself although I hate that the shortest walk to it means going thru the lobby, and the parking provides easy access to the villas without any hassle that sometimes comes with BWV. Otherwise location and views at BWV are better than BCV.

I really like the location and view when I have seen the canal, pool and the lighted DVC building to the side. I've only had that particular view once, but the woods view is fine to me. Only once did car noise bother me, but it can happen. I guess I've stayed 20-25 times.

I bought only because of SAB, and the deep river part because it is perfect for me to swim and exercise, ( well tubes sometimes get in the way, but nothing is perfect). However, I think the resort itself is lovely!

See, I think that BWV has the better location of the two. It's only a slightly longer walk to Epcot and the boat is a real option there to take to/from Epcot. It also provide a relatively short walk to DHS. And IMO it has a better slide than SAB. :goodvibes

With the changes at the Marketplace the pluses to BCV for me are now SAB environment itself although I hate that the shortest walk to it means going thru the lobby, and the parking provides easy access to the villas without any hassle that sometimes comes with BWV. Otherwise location and views at BWV are better than BCV.

I agree that I think BWV is the better location. And I also don't like getting to SAB through the lobby and think Keister Coaster is a better slide. And the views are better at BWV for the most part. Its also far more integrated into the main resort, which we like. We stayed at BCV once (BWV is home) and will not be competing for those rooms again (on the other hand, we aren't freeing up too many BWV points).

I'm also not a huge SAB fan - its a very nice pool, but the sight lines for watching younger kids are horrible, and by the time they have outgrown needing an eye on them, they want to be at the waterparks. There is a few moments where SAB is ideal - with young kids the zero entry and smaller slides are great, and with kids that are old enough/strong enough swimmers that you don't need to keep an eye on them - but don't really prefer the waterparks to the exclusion of the pool.

But I'm very glad that the people who own there like it - and rather glad that I don't own there.

As DVC members who have only flown to WDW one time and driven all the rest, BCV has parking all over BWV. At BWV, you might not even get a parking place close to the villas and then you have to climb uphill with your groceries and bags (unless you pay valet to unload for you). BCV you are short level walk to the villa from the parking lot. And there is usually plenty of parking for BCV guests.

As DVC members who have only flown to WDW one time and driven all the rest, BCV has parking all over BWV. At BWV, you might not even get a parking place close to the villas and then you have to climb uphill with your groceries and bags (unless you pay valet to unload for you). BCV you are short level walk to the villa from the parking lot. And there is usually plenty of parking for BCV guests.

BCV parking may change as Disney changes the parking due to the convention center expansions.

:earsboy: Bill

We bought at BCV because of its proximity to EPCOT for F&W and because of the Crew Cup Lounge. I don't know that we have ever visited SAB in all our stays. I love the quiet DVC pool at BCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!