Just convinced DH to cruise this March..so new..suggestions?

agavegirl1

DIS Veteran
i started looking at cruises for our annual "get away from winter" vacation this March. I am looking at a cruise for the first time. They seem very short. We could do a five day Caribbean thing with A couple of ports if call out of Miami but our March trip is always 8 days. I do not want to buy park tickets for the off days..we have another trip planned.

What trips have you done? How do I fill in excess time? This is a routine winter trip where we always went to the same place for 8 days and no longer do. DH is a former marine who served on the NewJersey. He says I won't get sick...true ?

In Short....

Help!

Last edited:
Do you have to go out of Miami and are you flexible on your dates? There are lots of great 7 night cruises out of many ports.

If you're locked in to Miami and Royal Caribbean there's a nice 9 day in March aboard the Navigator. I would love to do this one. Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao.

I agree with the previous poster. If you're locked into Miami I would look at the 9 night on Navigator. If you're willing to sail out of Ft Lauderdale you would have a lot more options.

My husband and kids all get seasick but have never had a problem on a cruise. But, we've always sailed in good weather/calm seas.

i started looking at cruises for our annual "get away from winter" vacation this March. I am looking at a cruise for the first time. They seem very short. We could do a five day Caribbean thing with A couple of ports if call out of Miami but our March trip is always 8 days. I do not want to buy park tickets for the off days..we have another trip planned.

What trips have you done? How do I fill in excess time? This is a routine winter trip where we always went to the same place for 8 days and no longer do. DH is a former marine who served on the NewJersey. He says I won't get sick...true ?

In Short....

Help!

Thanks for bringing this up. I booked the 9 night cruise on the Navigator for next January. I owe it all to you! :thumbsup2

I'm not locked into a specific port, I am looking at the cost of air fare for various starting points and Miami was less but not by much. My dates are not real flexible. It has to be the first three weeks of March or the end of February beginning of March. This is a work volume accommodation during tax season. I will check off a few other departure points. Thanks!

Thanks everyone... we decided on an 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on the Freedom of the Seas with direct flights on Delta for slightly more. Yay!

Thanks everyone... we decided on an 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on the Freedom of the Seas with direct flights on Delta for slightly more. Yay!
Great choice. We love Freedom class ships. And that's a nice itinerary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter