Just called regarding connecting rooms at moderates

landmark

Addicted to Disney... not seeking cure.
This may have been covered already but I haven't seen it so will post what I just found out. For those of you like me and have sworn NEVER EVER NEVER to sleep in a double bed again.... but have kids and want to stay at a moderate resort for various reasons. I just found out that specifically POR has king rooms that connect to a room with two doubles. So with an AP rate the rooms last month were approx $74 each so the two rooms would still be competitive with one room at a deluxe. Mom and dad can get the king bed and their own bathroom and the kids can each have a double and their own bathroom. Much cheaper than a suite.

Seriously considering this for next trip as the kids really did like POFQ and wanted to try POR (but I nixed it initially due to the sleeping arrangements... ie me and DH sharing a double bed)

Just wanted to share what I found out. Wonder if this can also be done at the values?

If anyone has any differing information or experience with this please post.

Thanks for posting! I wonder if this arrangement can include the rooms with the trundle beds?

Thanks for sharing. We are considering POR for our family of 5 in Jan 05 and really appreciate knowing another option!

One thing to consider is bed types and connecting rooms are requests. Official Disney policy is that requests are taken into consideration, but cannot be guaranteed. With small kids, I am sure they would find a way to make sure you had connecting rooms, but I would be surprised if they could guarantee one of them would have a King bed. Hopefully it would, but you never know for sure. Just something to keep in mind.

Originally posted by sgtdisney
One thing to consider is bed types and connecting rooms are requests. Official Disney policy is that requests are taken into consideration, but cannot be guaranteed. With small kids, I am sure they would find a way to make sure you had connecting rooms, but I would be surprised if they could guarantee one of them would have a King bed. Hopefully it would, but you never know for sure. Just something to keep in mind.

Actually a king room is a separate room type/category in POR, as such it's guaranteed. A connecting room isn't guaranteed but if the kids are small I'm sure they'll try to work with OP.

Did you get this info from CRO or directly from the resort. If it was CRO please verify with the resort.

Unless something has changed as to where the King rooms are located I am not sure this is accurate. In the past the King rooms were on corners and corner rooms did not connect to the room next to it. Interior rooms connected.

So please just to be on the safe side, as we have all received info from CRO that is not accurate check with the resort. :)

I thought I had read somewhere that end rooms were king. We just stayed at POFQ and had a double room that was connecting and that room was on the end. After reading that I was wondering if that connecting room was a king or not and never thought to ask the desk... duh.

Anyway I just called and talked with a CM at POR and she looked in the computer. There are king rooms that connect with a double room, however, there aren't that many of them. While looking through she said it's looking like there is one per building with the exception of bldgs 14, 16 and 17.

She did mention that if you were to try to book this room combination and it was NECESSARY to try to get CRO to guarantee it. Haven't tried that. While talking with CRO earlier he did say that it would be guaranteed but I agree with a previous poster that he probably just meant the King room was guaranteed.

Anyway it is possible and they are there specifically at POR but it may be pure luck to get one. Not something you want to find out you didn't get at checkin.

Yes, the King/connecting double is available at POP Century. I requested a King for DH and me for April and friends decided to join us for one night. I booked their room with my AP discount, and ended up with connecting rooms. We didn't even request this, but it was great!
The CM told me that all Kings were handicapped accessible -- I really wonder if this is true or not. Our room did happen to be HA.

When we stayed at POR in the mansion section, we had a King bed (paid for and guarenteed) that connected to the room next door. Since we didn't know the people next door, we kept it locked ;) so I'm not sure what kind of room it was. However we did hear kids and grown ups so I think it was probably a double bed room. BTW-it was a corner room under the stairs in Magnolia Bend

princess: Shelly

Originally posted by shellybaxter
When we stayed at POR in the mansion section, we had a King bed (paid for and guarenteed) that connected to the room next door. Since we didn't know the people next door, we kept it locked ;) so I'm not sure what kind of room it was. However we did hear kids and grown ups so I think it was probably a double bed room. BTW-it was a corner room under the stairs in Magnolia Bend

princess: Shelly

Thanks for the update.

I requested a king for our trip in July at POP...hopefully we will get it....

Originally posted by zurgswife
I requested a king for our trip in July at POP...hopefully we will get it....

King bed rooms are a separate category, the same price as a water view room. If you reserved (paid for) a king room you'll get it. If you reserved a standard room and requested a king room (free upgrade) your chances aren't great. Approximately 5% of the rooms are King and some of them are HA.

Originally posted by Lewisc
Actually a king room is a separate room type/category in POR, as such it's guaranteed. A connecting room isn't guaranteed but if the kids are small I'm sure they'll try to work with OP.

You learn something new everyday! I wasn't aware of that. Are the king rooms in the values and the deluxes a seperate catagory too, or are they a request?

We always pay for a King room when you do mods or request one when we go deluxe. Everytime we have stayed at CBR, we have had a King bed on a corner and there was a connecting door in the rooms. So, it is not true that Kings that have a connecting door are only in King rooms that aren't on a corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter