Just Booked WL!!!

dreams4disney

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I am so :earseek: Happy!! We just switched from CSR to WL for Our December trip!! :earboy2: I am so Happy! I have been reading the WL FAQ all day. I booked woods view. I had a hard time with Woods view or court yard view. I hope I made the right choice. WE have to book two rooms since we are a family of 6 so I went with the woods view to save some money. :blush: I can not wait! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :jumping3: I think I am going to get hooked on WL! :p

You'll really enjoy WL. When you check in see if there are any upgrades available, maybe you can get a free upgrade to CV. We had a great cv room, 6039. We were ablr to watch the EWP from our balcony and had a great view of the mail pool.

I booked woods and then upgraded to courtyard when a code came out. I have heard that many of the woods rooms have a view of the castle. I think that I would be happy with anything as long as it is not noisey. Have a great trip
Tara :)

We did almost the exact same thing. We were pretty set on CSR for our Oct trip, but then we finally decided on WL. I think it'll be a little nicer, closer to the action, bigger beds, and not all that much more money either. We went with the standard view, in hopes that we can get an upgrade to woods view, which I am hearing is very possible given the time of year. If not, that's okay too.

We have a family of five and I booked two rooms, woods view also at WL. Since we will be there for 10 nights I wanted to have plenty of room. I didn't request anything except non-smoking, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

I am sooo excited about this resort! :flower1:

Linda

You will love it. We went last July, with our two kids, then 5 and 3. It was our best family vacation ever. We got a standard room but were upgraded to the courtyard. We loved our courtyard view of the pool and geyser.

Everything is so magical there, the pools are great, Whispering Canyon was a blast, it was just a perfect vacation. The boat rides to MK were quick and fun. The trip was so great we decided we will go to WDW every year. We are going again this July. This time we will stay at Poly, just because we want to try something new. It was a very hard decision though. WL is such a bargain considering how wonderful it is.

I am excited for you! 10 nights, wow!

I am sooo happy too. We are taking my sister and my niece for their very first Disney World visit. We just booked WL for the first week of Christmas...wanted my niece to see all the Christmas festivities :jumping3: :cheer2:

We booked a "standard room" for $199 per night. I think we will probably look for an upgrade and hope it happens since that week is usually not very crowed. Just wondering how cold it is then and how cold the boat ride will be to the "Magic Kingdom" and if my niece will get to go swimming. Guess it all depends.

You will love the WL. I was there for a week in 2003 and hadn't made any specific room requests. Was given a courtyard room in the south wing from which I could view the courtyard, waterfall, geyser and the ELP. I loved WL so much that last year I went back for a week and again did not specify a room location. Initially I felt a little disappointed to have been given a woods view in the north wing--that is until I discovered that I was able to watch WISHES right from my balcony!
The WL is absolutely gorgeous! It is also one of the friendliest of all the World resorts. The CM's there just go overboard to help and make you feel welcome. The guard at the gate would say "Welcome Home" each time I came in, and it really felt that way. I would go back there in a minute. The only reason I decided to try POFQ for my upcoming Feb. trip is that I only had a few days to spend this time and they just happened to be over Mardi Gras. Have always loved New Orleans so I thought I'd give it a try. No expectations, just positive thoughts. Best WISHES for your trip.

Lindamary123 said:
We have a family of five and I booked two rooms, woods view also at WL. Since we will be there for 10 nights I wanted to have plenty of room. I didn't request anything except non-smoking, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

I am sooo excited about this resort! :flower1:

Linda
If you have children, ask for bunkbeds. From there ask for North Wing, view of the Castle, highest floor possible. The North Wing has the Castle views and it's closet to Roaring Forks (counter service) and the boat launch. We've stayed there twice and loved it both times.

Have a great trip.

We went last year to WL and wasn't sure what it would be like after staying at GF 2 times. I actually liked it better. There was just something about the surroundings and decor. The pool and the falls were great.I had gotten on trip report websites and had read of some peoples complaints. I couldnt believe it. How could you complain? It was really nice.

I'm leaving for my first trip to WL in just a few days!!! I'll post a report when I get back. Just hoping the weather holds out so that I can get out of snowy Rhode Island on Sunday and down to Disney. :sunny: Can't wait.

As other posters have said it's wonderful. It's just relaxing to sit outside and take everything in. Or even just to relax in the lobby. I think it's one of the best Disney has to offer. Enjoy! You may end up like my family members, who really never want stay anywhere else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter