Just booked Port Orleans Riverside !

cantwait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mouseketeer
We already had the flights from BA, just booked POR for 14 nights next August , upgraded to the table service dining plan. We booked with disney :cool1:

Still a bit gutted we missed out on the OKW offer but POR looks lovely anyway and hopefully if it comes back we can sort something out.

At least we are booked now, I will have loads of questions to ask before then ! This is a fab site, I already knew lots of the stuff she was telling me as I'd read it on here !!

She made a note of my birthday while we are there, will they do anything for it then ?

So happy we are going I have only been once and that was 15 years ago pre getting married and having kids !

:dance3:

You should be able to upgrade to OKW or SSR no problems when the deal comes back.

For your Birthday the will probably leave a card in your room with a photopass card inside. Plus give you a Birthday Button at check in.

we just got back from french quarter last week and riverside is very nice but large and busy

You will have a great time, we upgraded this year from the counter service to the regualr dining plan as well

just a word on upgrading with disney, we tried to do it this year when the offer came out and they wanted to reprice everything even the park tickets which made it even more expensive as the tickets had risen in price

Thanks

The (very enthusiastic, rambling ) disney lady said it would depend at the time how much they would charge if we wanted to change but to be honest im just glad we are booked and have the free dining sorted.

We did consider French Quarter but thought the dining options looked a bit limited.

they are about 5 min walk from each other along the river so you get to eat at either, we ate at riverside a few times in their food court but didnt try the table service as we had better ones booked around the parks and other hotels

We are just trying to decide what to do next year after missing the SSR deal

We stayed at POR in August and thought it was lovely. We were in the Oak Manor building in the Mansion buildings and this suited us fine as it was near to the bridge over to reception and also near to Ol Man Island.
We used the food court frequently and even with all the kids off we never had trouble getting a table. We also visited Boatwright's Dining Hall and the food was very good.
We regularly used the transport (both the bus and the boat to DTD) and never had any problems. The gift shop is well stocked and has quite a bit in it too.
Overall a great holiday. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

I bet you will have a great time ... keep trying for your ticker ... you can preview it in you user cp before you post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter