Southwest April 2018

The difference in price between Spirit and JetBlue out of Logan for April break is huge! I saw Spirit for $100 one way and Jetblue is $400+ Plus Spirit does have several non-stops out of Boston per day....hmmmmm

Last edited:
Southwest opened this am and I booked our flight from BDL to MCO…$134 per person. I am actually really excited with this price and got the time I wanted too!
Good for you . I am waiting for them to open for may 2018 from either BDL or preferably PVD (live near mystic) thing is for me is I have to fly to Pensacola (sons graduation ) then driving to Disney for 20th anniversary vaca. right now flights to Pensacola are $190 one way >:( AA nothing opened yet for south west (card holder)

The difference in price between Spirit and JetBlue out of Logan for April break is huge! I saw Spirit for $100 one way and Jetblue is $400+ Plus Spirit does have several non-stops out of Boston per day....hmmmmm
and for us the personal item can totally fit our needs for a week at disney, heck even IF I wanted to pay for one checked suitcase ahead thats 30.00 the ability to reserve a seat is good for anxiety.... but I am watching the prices still out of BDL to see if they drop more. Picking our son up at the airport Aug1 and we could head in and buy in person and save more

I can't speak for other airports, but in 2015 our tickets from BDL to MCO for Spring Break on Southwest were $400 each, round-trip. At the rate I just got yesterday, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these won't be more than $300 round trip. I guess I'll have to wait and see when August 28th opens up for our return flight.
I'm waiting for the 28th too, but I need to book the week before you are looking for. Around April 9 to April 16th out of BDL. I can be a little flexible on the dates if need be to get a better fare. I am able to book on Spirit today with a checked bag and a carry on and pick our seats for $1,050 round trip for four. Not bad!!! I am hoping for around $1,200 on SW. I would pay the extra $200 to be able to check bags and not pick them up at Orlando Airport. Fingers crossed.

Just got back from flying CLE>MCO roundtrip on Spirit this past weekend for a quick Disney trip! Left CLE early....left MCO less than 5 minutes late to return home. Smooth sailing both ways. I am 2 for 2 with them. Using them again in October for a long weekend, so we will see how that goes :)

Just got back from flying CLE>MCO roundtrip on Spirit this past weekend for a quick Disney trip! Left CLE early....left MCO less than 5 minutes late to return home. Smooth sailing both ways. I am 2 for 2 with them. Using them again in October for a long weekend, so we will see how that goes :)
did you pay for checked luggage or carryon? or did you use the personal FREE item? The only thing I am totally fine with paying for is the assigned seats, that is a plus over SW in my book. Still watching air like a crazy person here, need april 13 and 20th out of BDL

did you pay for checked luggage or carryon? or did you use the personal FREE item? The only thing I am totally fine with paying for is the assigned seats, that is a plus over SW in my book. Still watching air like a crazy person here, need april 13 and 20th out of BDL

No...we used 2 personal item bags and a backpack for our park bag. That is all we took on the plane for 4 people for the weekend. We had more than enough room in those. This includes a pack of diapers...a container of wipes, etc. It all fit. I ordered bags a while back that specifically fit within the dimentions. They are 17x13x8 soft side bags.....so, even when packed full they fit perfectly. When we take longer trips (we usually check 2 bags for the 4 of us)

No...we used 2 personal item bags and a backpack for our park bag. That is all we took on the plane for 4 people for the weekend. We had more than enough room in those. This includes a pack of diapers...a container of wipes, etc. It all fit. I ordered bags a while back that specifically fit within the dimentions. They are 17x13x8 soft side bags.....so, even when packed full they fit perfectly. When we take longer trips (we usually check 2 bags for the 4 of us)
awesome! we each have a llbean duffle that fits the measurements for the free item..... just holding off until monday to see what SW comes out with price wise. Thanks!

awesome! we each have a llbean duffle that fits the measurements for the free item..... just holding off until monday to see what SW comes out with price wise. Thanks!
We are doing the same.....getting a bit nervous as everything else keeps creeping up in price. I even looked at flying out of NYC but that would be a last resort.

We are doing the same.....getting a bit nervous as everything else keeps creeping up in price. I even looked at flying out of NYC but that would be a last resort.
we are trying to stay with BDL as its 30 min from home and cheaper to park. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!!!

we are trying to stay with BDL as its 30 min from home and cheaper to park. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!!!
Good luck to us all is right! 15-20 minutes to BDL for us. It is great landing and being so close to home. Guess we will all be stalking the SW website on Monday morning. I'm really hoping for some good opening rates and non-stop flights.

Good luck to us all is right! 15-20 minutes to BDL for us. It is great landing and being so close to home. Guess we will all be stalking the SW website on Monday morning. I'm really hoping for some good opening rates and non-stop flights.
we totally live close!!! good luck !

I am also hoping for some good fares this time around. Not to burst people's bubbles but we flew out SW April vacation in 2016 from PVD to MCO and each ticket was about $900 R/T. It was shocking. I started a thread back then about crazy NE fares. I booked the moment the fares were released since that was the advice back then. It was nonstop and it was Saturday to Saturday so obviously it was the worst. I kept watching the fares and they never changed much, three months out they were about $20 higher then what I paid. The "wanna get away" fare was never offered. I checked BDL, PVD, BOS and MAN, all the same. They know it is school break for New England. Fares also did not change much if you left on a Fri or Thur, it was not until Wed that you get any significant price drop. Of course you can find cheaper flights with multiple stops and arrive late in the day, I didnt want to do that on our first trip to Disney. Also, none of the other airlines were cheaper than SW. This time around I have more points saved up and we are going to leave on Wednesday and come back the following Friday. Looking at the February vacation fares doing it that way saves about $1500. No guarantee that it will be the same this time around of course and I certainly hope not. But I will be checking first thing Monday morning.

I am also hoping for some good fares this time around. Not to burst people's bubbles but we flew out SW April vacation in 2016 from PVD to MCO and each ticket was about $900 R/T. It was shocking. I started a thread back then about crazy NE fares. I booked the moment the fares were released since that was the advice back then. It was nonstop and it was Saturday to Saturday so obviously it was the worst. I kept watching the fares and they never changed much, three months out they were about $20 higher then what I paid. The "wanna get away" fare was never offered. I checked BDL, PVD, BOS and MAN, all the same. They know it is school break for New England. Fares also did not change much if you left on a Fri or Thur, it was not until Wed that you get any significant price drop. Of course you can find cheaper flights with multiple stops and arrive late in the day, I didnt want to do that on our first trip to Disney. Also, none of the other airlines were cheaper than SW. This time around I have more points saved up and we are going to leave on Wednesday and come back the following Friday. Looking at the February vacation fares doing it that way saves about $1500. No guarantee that it will be the same this time around of course and I certainly hope not. But I will be checking first thing Monday morning.
we flew last april also and got decent fare... 1,3ish for 3 roundtrip nonstop flights out of BDL on SW. last year was the first year in MANY that JB was too high and we went with SW. I am hoping for the 1300 range again with SW or less! right now American has flights for that price with a small layover. we dont ever do layovers but who knows! JB is over 2,000 for 3, and Spirit now is around 1,500. We have been doing spring in disney since 1997. The airfare game always is stressful!

OUCH...If that was the case I'd fly out of NYC or book with Spirit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!