Just booked "Happy's Hangout" at Windsor Hills!

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Cree629, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Cree629

Cree629 Mouseketeer

:)

I am SO excited!! After weeks of looking at townhouses and going back and forth with owners and management companies, I came across this place just this morning (as I was about to send a deposit for another townhouse).

It has everything we wanted- end unit, updated (all brand new!) furnishings, south/west facing pool, and, most importantly, very close to clubhouse/main pool (it doesn't get much closer than this!!). Reasonable rates, too.

There are no renter reviews on the site as of yet; they just finished updating everything and opened it up to renters just a couple of weeks ago. So, I guess I am taking a slight risk booking with no reviews, but after looking at the site and speaking with the owner, I am feeling pretty comfortable (and psyched!).

I will be sure to post a review after our trip in November!

Here is the link for any of you who want to check it out:

www.happyshangout.com/index.html

2. Luv Bunnies

Luv Bunnies DIS Veteran

That looks really nice! I just went though this process a few weeks ago. We're leaving on July 31 and I suddenly had second thoughts about the resort we had booked (Worldquest). I looked for townhomes in Windsor Hills that still had availability and found a really great one for only $140 a night. :)

Have a great trip!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. luvsvacations

luvsvacations Mouseketeer

I just booked it last week for Feb - loved everything about it The pool area just looks beautiful!

5. Missy29

Missy29 DIS Veteran

That looks really nice! I love Windsor Hills, we always stay at another townhouse but this one looks even nicer. I can't wait for your review, have fun :)

6. 4littleones

4littleones DIS Veteran

Looks fantastic!

7. dcolleenkelly

dcolleenkelly Mouseketeer

You DEF have the best location for a walk to the pool - it's only across the street.
    Which leads me to my question (since we will be renting a townhouse on the same block in a few weeks)...
    CAN you walk from the townhouses to the clubhouses? Is there a safe walkway? Does anyone know?
    I've been wondering about this - I totally do not want to have to drive to the dang pool if we are only a block away.

8. mamabear0222

mamabear0222 Countdown to 2014 trip

Ohhh enjoy!! We were going to book there too but went with a bigger home instead of getting 2 townhouses for our trip!!

9. counteroffer

counteroffer Earning My Ears

I am so glad to have found this thread!

I was thinking about booking this town home for an upcoming vacation as well, so it is nice to see there are a couple of you that have booked with them.

The place looks SUPER nice and the location of it is amazing! We have stayed in WH a couple of times and you cannot get any closer to the clubhouse than this town home.

I was a little worried at first because there were no reviews on the website but there are a couple on there now so that makes me feel a lot better. It has only been open a month and the calendar looks like it is filling up more and more everyday so I need to make my decision soon before someone books my dates!

The owner seems really nice as well and no matter what time I email, she always gets back to me right away. And I mean RIGHT away. I am not sure that she ever sleeps! LOL I thought the price was extremely reasonable for what you get and yes I can get cheaper, but I just don't think there is anything else out there that can match what this place has.

Like I said, I was glad to see that others here have booked with them and I think that sealed the deal for me....I am off to book!

10. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

11. party-of-five

party-of-five DIS Veteran

I'm excited to here reviews from all those who will be staying here.

Does anyone know if the bunk bed has a trundle bed?

Thanks!

12. counteroffer

I don't know because we do not need it, but you can always email her and ask. The email is happyshangout@gmail.com and I am sure she will respond right away.

13. party-of-five

party-of-five DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

14. disneymom3

disneymom3 <font color=green> I think I could adjust!! <br><f

That looks very nice! Not sure I'd ever get my kids to leave!

15. ParkHopperFan

ParkHopperFan Mouseketeer

The entire community has sidewalks and every area of the resort is walkable. It's very nice at night to walk off a big dinner. The community is very well lit and safe.

16. counteroffer

Has anyone stayed here yet? If so, any reviews?

Our stay is not for a month so just wanted to check to see if anyone else has stayed yet. We are super excited!!!

17. sersee05

sersee05 DIS Veteran

I was looking at that one! My dates weren't available.

I am also glad to hear there are others like me! I have been on this board going back and forth with what to book. I am going the week of Thanksgiving so more expensive and less choices!

I haven't been able to find anything in Windsor but when I did the search I remember seeing this one because I really liked it!

I know what you mean about being nervous without any reviews. That is exactly how I am feeling. I still haven't booked my place yet!! I am looking more into Reunion though..

I think you will be very "happy" there!! It looks really nice.

18. Ametista

Ametista DIS Veteran

I have stayed places with no reviews before and never had a problem. Most people just never leave reviews, and also a place that nice people may not review just so its not even harder to book next time. Looks like that calendar is full!

19. counteroffer

I never thought of it that way! I am SO glad that I booked when I did because I bet it is really hard to get into this townhouse with the calendar being that full. I am happy to see that there are at least some people who have left reviews though, and they all look great!

DisneyMim likes this.
  20. leise

leise Mouseketeer

:goodvibes Delighted to see this thread! I just booked Happy's Hangout for two weeks next July/August. It looks just perfect for us with the location and the facilities. It will be the first time we have rented self-catering off site.

I can't wait to hear the reviews of all those of you going before us, and I can't wait for our trip either! :hyper:

21. counteroffer

We finally had our vacation so I am here to post a review of Happy's Hangout!

This place was AMAZING. The pictures do not do it justice, at all. It is SO CLEAN and so well decorated with upscale items. The owner really did think of everything anyone can possibly need for their vacation. She emailed me on my arrival day to check and see if everything was what I expected. I thought that was a really nice touch. She has been so helpful from the very first contact and was always happy to answer any questions that I had.

It is so close to the clubhouse, it is crazy. It is probably 20 steps or so across the street and you are there. The backyard is so private, it really feels like you are in your own little world when you are in the pool. It was great.

While it might be a little bit more expensive than others, the owner also provides things that almost no other owners provide. Paper towels, dishwasher tablets, laundry detergent and trash bags. There is also a pack and play, high chair, 2 strollers, a booster seat and a few other things that I forget. For a few extra dollars a night, you really are getting a totally different experience than the other town homes can provide.

If you book this place you will SO HAPPY that you did. You will never want to stay anywhere else. I know I don't.

itchin2go likes this.