Just booked FL Tours for our next visit - Please tell....

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Arrival at MCO - late June around 11 AM - requested the 30 minute food store stop... town-car - 4 people, DH, DW, DS age 20 and DD age 17.
We do not smoke and are a very polite family.

We reserved round-trip for $129 and $12.90 ($13) tip each way.
We return home early July around 12:30 PM.

Where do they stop for the food shop?

The town car - fits 4 suitcases in the trunk ?

Any negatives on FL Tours ?

We picked them because we will support the sponsor of DIS boards.

Are we good with FL Tours ?

We have not been to WDW in 5 years and were unsure who to use for our ground transfers.

Thanks!

You should be okay. The only issue I have had, and it seems some others have had the same issue, is that the driver wasn't inside, waiting for families upon arrival. We had to go get our bags and then go in search of our driver...he was outside, smoking.
And there was one time that we used them, for arrival before noon on Thanksgiving Day. I asked, several times, before and after booking, if I would be able to make a stop...didn't need to be a full serve grocery store, a convenience store would be fine. No problem I was told....every single time. But, when we arrived at MCO and got into the car and asked where we were stopping, we were told that we weren't stopping. I told the driver that I had been told we would stop. No, he said, it's Thanksgiving and nothing is open. I said 'not even a convenience store?' Nope, sorry. We were staying in a DVC villa so really needed that stop. But, didn't happen. He got no tip.
The ride back to the airport was fine...different driver and he got tipped.

Here's the thing...be very careful about any company that tells you what the tip should be, or if they ask that it be paid up front. It is never a good idea to tip this way. You should always tip, in cash, when you get out of the car...each way. Do not pay the entire tip up front....that way they already have their tip, so no need to provide decent service.

Thank you !

I hope we have a no smoking driver.
I may send them an e-mail and ask for a no smoking driver.
The smell of smoke - even on a person's clothes does bother me.

We plan on paying in cash.
We will have the $13 ready for each driver, to and from MCO.
I can have the tip in 3 one dollar bills and 2 five dollar bills.
Then we can pay what we fell is correct.

No food stop - and the driver does help with our bags - then $5 tip for the bags and us.
Food stop and help with bags - then the whole $13 tip.
Only food stop and we have to find the driver - then $10 or $8 tip.
We will see how generous we feel and the attitude of the driver.

I hope all goes well. We arrive on a Saturday. The food stores should be open.

Thanks again - I would love to hear from others. :goodvibes

You should be okay. The only issue I have had, and it seems some others have had the same issue, is that the driver wasn't inside, waiting for families upon arrival. We had to go get our bags and then go in search of our driver...he was outside, smoking.

I'm "others"! :laughing: Seems we always run into each other on these threads! :rotfl2:

Pooh2001: I also booked with Florida Tours because I wanted to support a board sponsor. We have had very clean, comfortable cars & polite, friendly drivers. We had noticed the last several times tho was the drivers were never waiting for us anymore. We dismissed this as we are always in the front of the plane & quick to get to the baggage claim area. So we thought we were just being too fast. In 2010, we had time to collect all our luggage (4 adults/ 4 suitcases) & still waited about 10 minutes for our driver. We were just about to call when we saw the driver. For our return trips, the drivers have always been there on time, but they just hang out in or next to their car. So we have to approach them to ask if they are for us.

Last Sept we tried Tiffany for the first time in years (several $ less than FL). & were verrry pleased. The driver was actually waiting for us as we entered the luggage claim area. And for the return trip, the driver was early & again standing with our name on a sign. No guessing if that was our car.

These are not big issues. Just a little stress we don't want while on vacation.

I think you will be fine with Florida Tours. Again, they are friendly & the cars are very clean & safe. Just be prepared to look for the driver if you have to. Make sure you have the phone number handy, just in case. Have a wonderful vacation!

I agree, small issues. But, I really am paying for help with the bags out to the car...not having to go to baggage claim and get them, then go in search of our driver, who then tells us to 'wait here' while he goes and gets the car.
I tend to overtip...so if the total fare is about $125, which it normally is for me, the total tip could be $25, if the service is good. I generally break it down to $13 each way...then go from there. If I merely get a ride, with the bags being taken out of the trunk, then the tip goes down. I pay at 20% if I am met at baggage claim, helped to the car with my bags and then a stop is made if I requested one. IF I make that grocery stop, I expect to have help loading the bags into the trunk.
I don't think I'm asking for much. We have seen, repeatedly, many drivers complaining about DME taking away business. So, one would assume that the drivers and the companies they work for, would want to provide the kind of service guests are willing to pay for vs a 'free ride' with DME.

Now, the one thing I'm just not sure of anymore.....where are the cars being loaded from??? I have had cars, in the old days, come up and park close to the buses. Then, it was 'wait here and I'll get the car', or 'we walk over here to the lot where the car is'. Then, a few years ago, I was met at baggage claim and we walked down to level 1 to an covered tunnel type area, past Mears area, to the right, where the car was waiting. I wonder what the story is now. Anyone know????

DH wpuld be mortified :scared1: if our town car driver was not waiting for us - either by the luggage area or waiting for us by a town car with our name.

I hope FL Tours will be prompt.
:confused3I may have to call them and ask of their policy - or switch to another town car service.
Maybe we will go back to what we used in 2007 - S U N R A Y
We have 14 weeks till we go to WDW.

I would like to finalize our ground transportation ;)

I don't think I'm asking for much. We have seen, repeatedly, many drivers complaining about DME taking away business. So, one would assume that the drivers and the companies they work for, would want to provide the kind of service guests are willing to pay for vs a 'free ride' with DME.

Now, the one thing I'm just not sure of anymore.....where are the cars being loaded from??? I have had cars, in the old days, come up and park close to the buses. Then, it was 'wait here and I'll get the car', or 'we walk over here to the lot where the car is'. Then, a few years ago, I was met at baggage claim and we walked down to level 1 to an covered tunnel type area, past Mears area, to the right, where the car was waiting. I wonder what the story is now. Anyone know????

Excellent point! :thumbsup2

We were @ WDW in mid Sept. We also were taken to the underground / tunnel area. We'll be there again in mid May. I'll post if there is anything different.

Pooh2001: I do intend to use Tiffany. I'll try to remember to post our experience after we're back. Keep checking this thread, people are always posting their experiences. So you will have time to change your reservations if you want.

Thank you if you post your experience with Tiffany.
I will keep checking the thread for reviews of ground transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter