Just booked Coronado

emerald51362

Mouseketeer
First trip to any resort. I requested a preferred room but was unable to request a certain room on the website. Can anyone suggest a particular building or what I should ask for if I am looking for closeness to buses and pool. Any info would be greatly appreciated

First trip to any resort. I requested a preferred room but was unable to request a certain room on the website. Can anyone suggest a particular building or what I should ask for if I am looking for closeness to buses and pool. Any info would be greatly appreciated

It's much better to word your requests like you have, close to bus and pool. If you request a certain room or building, the room assigner doesn't know WHY you are requesting that room or building. Then if that is not available, they have no idea what you are looking for. :thumbsup2

Do you mean you booked a preferred room? It is a bookable category. There are only 3 preferred buildings at CSR, Casitas 1, 2, and 3. They are all close to the main building and restaurants, however none of them will get you close to the main pool area.

Here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023399 This will link you to all you need to know about CSR. I currently have my 3rd stay booked at CSR. It is a great resort!

It's much better to word your requests like you have, close to bus and pool. If you request a certain room or building, the room assigner doesn't know WHY you are requesting that room or building. Then if that is not available, they have no idea what you are looking for. :thumbsup2

Perfectly said! :thumbsup2

You cannot "request" a preferred room; preferred is one of three buildings (Casitas 1, 2 and 3) and is a separate booking category.

I booked a preferred room my question s can I request a certain building? First time here and trying to figure out everything we need to know thanks!

I booked a preferred room my question s can I request a certain building? First time here and trying to figure out everything we need to know thanks!

You can ask among the preferred buildings which are Casitas 1, 2 and 3.

You will love this place!! That is for sure...But you have nothing to compare it to.

So my suggestion is to take every bit of the resort in, that way if you do return to WDW in the future & stay at another resort, you'll remember what it was like at CSR.

We stayed in Casitas 3 facing the garden/ fountain in the courtyard....I was a lil upset when they assigned us there at check in , but man that changed after the 1st day.

We were really close to El Centro, Very very close to the quiet pool, Spa, laundry area, and bus stop... The only thing that it was further from was the main pool & dig site..That was about an 8 minute walk or so....

You will love this place!!! We stayed there back in August for our honeymoon and we are planning on booking another trip to Disney in June and are staying at Coronado! We really enjoyed it there. Very quiet compared to Pop when we stayed last April. We felt we were close to El Centro by staying in Casitas 5.

If you were looking for close to buses and pool, try Cabanas 9B or 9A. They're pretty close to the pool and Bus Stop 4 is right out the back across the parking lot. It's a very very lovely area, too! I loved staying there. Plus, they have a fantastic "quiet pool" right there. No matter which building you stay at, CSR is a fantastic choice - it's a beautiful resort!

IMGP7085 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7150 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Quiet Pool - laundry inside the building on the right. Very handy. (Main pool -The Dig Site - shown below.)

IMGP7077 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7102 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Congrats! We stayed there last April/May and really enjoyed the resort. The price I thought was fairly decent.

I booked the preferred room and when I called back to get the discount the woman on the phone said she liked Cabanas 9B/9A better so she put a request for me since I had to drop the preferred room in order to get the discount. I know it's no guarantee but fingers crossed. It will be our 1st time there. I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!