Just booked at Royal Pacific

slpeters

DIS Veteran
We are going for seven nights in December. I'm trying to figure out what the odds are of me getting a better rate or room selection. It was 181 per night but we had to get 2 queens; we couldn't get a king. Are the king rooms usually more expensive/less expensive? I'm wondering whether it is worth checking periodically to see if we can get a similar (or better would be great) rate on a king room. Any thoughts?

I thought they usually were so wasn't sure why there weren't kings available. We have a queen at home so it's not a biggy--just not a lot of point to another bed.

I thought they usually were so wasn't sure why there weren't kings available. We have a queen at home so it's not a biggy--just not a lot of point to another bed.
Might be a convention or something that has blocked some king rooms.

If you keep watching, they might become available - that happened to me when I was planning my May trip.

We are going for seven nights in December. I'm trying to figure out what the odds are of me getting a better rate or room selection. It was 181 per night but we had to get 2 queens; we couldn't get a king. Are the king rooms usually more expensive/less expensive? I'm wondering whether it is worth checking periodically to see if we can get a similar (or better would be great) rate on a king room. Any thoughts?

That's a great rate! How/where did you snag that?

Oh I see now that the rates really fluctuate depending on which days you plug in and for how many nights! Didn’t realize there was so much fluctuation. Will have to play around a bit and see.

Oh I see now that the rates really fluctuate depending on which days you plug in and for how many nights! Didn’t realize there was so much fluctuation. Will have to play around a bit and see.

I know, right? I never book anything this far out but I was trying to get an idea how much stuff would run (partly to figure out how much we could spend on the trip before this one) and came upon this rate. It seemed alright (we sometimes pay more than that for a room without any of the fringe benefits that seem to come with this one). Well I just kind of made a note and went on with what I was doing. Then on a whim I checked the same dates the next day and it was like eighty dollars a day more. It wasn't like one of the days on the end shot up, they all did. When I moved the trip up a day, they all went back down. If it was a clever ploy by the marketing department it worked. That's too much price volatility for me--I went ahead and booked. I guess I'll check from time to time just in case...

$181 a night is amazing. Totally surprised they would have such a low rate this far out. The Express Passes alone are probably more than that for 2 people.

For reference I am currently booked at PBH June 7-10 for $479/night and RPH is $419

Hoping for an AP or Florida resident rate to bring that down a bit.

We have gone a bunch but I dont recall ever seeing RPH that low in years. Enjoy your awesome find!

If you can get RPR for $181 a night, do it! We went over Presidents‘ Day weekend and paid $419 a night at RPR.

Staying the seventh night brought our price down considerably, our mid weeks rates are $178/night! But the rate jumps up for our sat and friday night

It seems they just don't have many King rooms. Last year I booked a King for our December trip in March. After that, whenever I double checked rates, King was not available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter